Relegation battle

SKD

7 points off the bottom 3.

We’re still right in amongst it. Still the same sh!t players from the start of the season, nothing to change a game.

Arrogance and Lack of investment in January will cost us and we deserve it.

We’re still right in amongst it. Still the same sh!t players from the start of the season, nothing to change a game.

We’ve never been out of it. Away form has to see us through.

You can get 60/1 on saints getting relegated. If you think it is remotely likely then put money on it now. Personally I don't see it happening in any way but the next two against villa and west ham could end up looking scarily like 6 pointers.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Villa have the Cup Final in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be on their minds next Saturday :?
It won't, they will come here looking to win. SMS is pretty much a guaranteed points shop for all visiting teams.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

It won't, they will come here looking to win. SMS is pretty much a guaranteed points shop for all visiting teams.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

And if they come and attack we will beat them. The way to beat us at home is to appear to be playing for a 0-0 and be ready to capitalise on the one or two (or more) defensive lapses we will inevitably have. It's worked for most unadventurous teams so far.

Lose against Villa, which is a strong possibility given our home form and we are in big trouble.

Are squad aren’t mentally strong enough to put in a fight when up against it.

Like when we were 19th, 4 points from safety, had just lost 9-0 at home and managed to turn it around to get into the top half?

Like when we were 19th, 4 points from safety, had just lost 9-0 at home and managed to turn it around to get into the top half?

As I’ve said before. We had a freak run of form with a lot of luck, we’ve now slipped back into our norm and results that will follow will demonstrate that.

Making hard work of it. I guess that's the "Southampton way”

Should have enough - but 1 win in 6 now with a couple of 6 pointers coming up.

Your endless negative posts are pretty tiresome but you're not wrong with this assessment. The approach in January was clearly "we should survive this season, so let's not bother strengthening. In fact, we can afford to weaken our squad for some quick cash".

Of course, that may yet prove to be an ok strategy, but sometimes it feels like we are playing with fire. I'm prepared to forgive it if we scrape by and do some good business in the summer, but I'm doubtful that's going to happen either.

Your endless negative posts are pretty tiresome but you're not wrong with this assessment. The approach in January was clearly "we should survive this season, so let's not bother strengthening. In fact, we can afford to weaken our squad for some quick cash".

Of course, that may yet prove to be an ok strategy, but sometimes it feels like we are playing with fire. I'm prepared to forgive it if we scrape by and do some good business in the summer, but I'm doubtful that's going to happen either.

I have been negative but the club has offered very little in recent years to force my opinion.

The Jan window annoyed me. We had built decent momentum and had an opportunity to kick on. Instead we weakened the squad and have again gambled on safety and Ralph's patience. It's already cost us financially...

I think we will limp over the line eventually but the club continues to disappoint.

Please stop spouting your b0llocks.

Yes, there were mistakes today but we were trying to play football in near impossible conditions. I assume you weren't there.

And with Redmond, and then Boufal injured, we were short of creative players. Not that creativity counted fir anything today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have been negative but the club has offered very little in recent years to force my opinion.

The Jan window annoyed me. We had built decent momentum and had an opportunity to kick on. Instead we weakened the squad and have again gambled on safety and Ralph's patience. It's already cost us financially...

I think we will limp over the line eventually but the club continues to disappoint.

That’s fine, I understand the negatives, just don’t need to read them every 3 posts on every thread...

Although I do share your concerns about January, what if the players we wanted weren’t available or we couldn’t afford them? Better to wait until summer than buying a substandard alternative now?

Please stop spouting your b0llocks.

Yes, there were mistakes today but we were trying to play football in near impossible conditions. I assume you weren't there.

And with Redmond, and then Boufal injured, we were short of creative players. Not that creativity counted fir anything today.

You assume wrong, my friend.

The reason we lost today was due to lack of creativity and inability to break down 2 banks of 4... so it counted for everything today.

Performance between boxes is irrelevant if you’re sh!t at either end, which we have been for the past 3 or 4 games now (including FA cup).

We made our already feeble squad weaker in January and I suspect it’ll come back to bite us on the arse.

That’s fine, I understand the negatives, just don’t need to read them every 3 posts on every thread...

Although I do share your concerns about January, what if the players we wanted weren’t available or we couldn’t afford them? Better to wait until summer than buying a substandard alternative now?

All fair points. It's just been a frustrating few years watching a decline that I felt was totally avoidable

Absolutely not going down.

We win against Villa and we’ll all be looking towards Europe again especially

If it ends up paying down to 8th this year with the Man City fiasco.

Ohhh please, be brief. The only way any of our lot will be going to Europe is on their holidays or if we can offload some of the deadwood to other European clubs. Burnley, Burnely, who we all say are ****e have just taken 6 points off of us like taking candy from a baby. There is no bloody way on gods earth that any of our lot will be competing in Europe.

You assume wrong, my friend.

The reason we lost today was due to lack of creativity and inability to break down 2 banks of 4... so it counted for everything today.

Performance between boxes is irrelevant if you’re sh!t at either end, which we have been for the past 3 or 4 games now (including FA cup).

We made our already feeble squad weaker in January and I suspect it’ll come back to bite us on the arse.

Fair enough, if you were there. But makes your interpretation even more wrong.

Ohhh please, be brief. The only way any of our lot will be going to Europe is on their holidays or if we can offload some of the deadwood to other European clubs. Burnley, Burnely, who we all say are ****e have just taken 6 points off of us like taking candy from a baby. There is no bloody way on gods earth that any of our lot will be competing in Europe.

To be fair, the most likely that any of our team would be to play in Europe is if one of the big clubs comes in for them (most likely would be Ings). We'll snap their hand off as soon as they get their wallet out.

We’ve gone back to our prepurple patch of giving away soft goals and crap players playing at their level. Both goals today were pathetic, we just can’t keep a clean sheet and in truth defending pretty awfully the whole game. Burnley were terrible but still looked like they’d score every time they got near our penalty area. Is that 4 losses in 5 now with our one draw a last minute equaliser in the cup. I’m sure our cheerleaders will put me right that our squad is fine and we don’t need to improve it, especially as were the only club the have signed crap players.

But if we ever bought players they'll automatically be worse than what we have so it would just be a waste of money. We're far better off selling anyone that any other team shows the slightest interest in and then replacing them with nobody as that makes us far more likely to win matches.

Fair enough, if you were there. But makes your interpretation even more wrong.

What interpretation is this? That were bang average and have 0 options to change the way we play or to try and impact a game? Or that we’re 2 losses away from the bottom 3, with them both to play in coming weeks. The weather has nothing to do with that.

This squad will always make mistakes at the back and will never be clinical enough to put teams to bed on a consistent basis.

If you don’t think as things stand we’re bang in a relegation battle, you’re deluded. Let’s hope for 2 wins in the next 2 games and then we can close this thread. However On today’s performance, I worry.

7 points off the bottom three is fu cking loads of points with 12 games left. Absolutely bizarre.

We're not going to be challenging for Europe but we won't be relegated. That little run of form has got us the bulk of the points we need, and we could stay up with only one more win, say seven points from 12 matches. We only need relegation form to stay up.

I've been saying for weeks that we'd end up in a relegation battle and that we'll probably end up going into the derbies against Brighton and Bournemouth needing wins, which is far from ideal as we seem to lack fight when it comes to playing teams in a similar position to ourselves.

We’re not in a relegation battle

They aren’t derbies

We won’t need wins

We’ve beaten several teams this season in a similar position to ourselves.

Apart from that, you are correct.

Ohhh maybe he was too brief, as it seems you didn't understand what he said. "we’ll all be looking towards Europe" Looking towards.

We're 5 points off 8th which might get a Europa spot, so while I don't think anyone is saying we will be competing in Europe a couple of wins and we'll certainly be looking towards it.

7 points off the bottom three is fu cking loads of points with 12 games left. Absolutely bizarre.

We're not going to be challenging for Europe but we won't be relegated. That little run of form has got us the bulk of the points we need, and we could stay up with only one more win, say seven points from 12 matches. We only need relegation form to stay up.

It’s not when you play 2 of the bottom 4 in the next 2 fixtures and have all of the teams below us still to play. It’s not inconceivable that we’d not get a result in all of those games

I reckon we need 2 or 3 wins to be secure. The Reality is, we’ll most likely limp across the line as Villa & West Ham, our game aside, have some awful fixtures (and they both play each other last game of the season).

It’s not when you play 2 of the bottom 4 in the next 2 fixtures and have all of the teams below us still to play. It’s not inconceivable that we’d not get a result in all of those games

I reckon we need 2 or 3 wins to be secure. The Reality is, we’ll most likely limp across the line as Villa & West Ham, our game aside, have some awful fixtures (and they both play each other last game of the season).

Not a chance will we need three wins to be secure. Not a chance.

Very arrogant and complacent to say we aren’t in a relegation battle. We are in one, we’re in a great place not to go down but we are also in terrible form, can’t win at home and have bad habit of playing well and losing whist conceding pathetic goals.

Every fcking season plums get over excited