Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Because as you well know, I don't mean he is a literal God.

You said he was "your God" So that is a literal god. If you can worship Matthew Le Tissier but not believe all his says is correct why cant people worship Buddah, God, Yahweh or whoever and not believe in every single word they utter?

That's the clearly the case if the child can't survive without the mother. Presumably if the mother dies then the inborn child will as well.

You’re making the choice to definitely kill the unborn foetus to prevent a chance that the mother will die. At what point does it become worth the risk of killing the mother?

Considering I’m almost entirely against abortion, obviously not!

You said that the mothers life must not be at risk, so where are you drawing the line with regards to risk? If there’s a 10% that continuing the pregnancy to full term would kill the mother, would you kill the ‘child’?

Surely if both lives are equal you would deny the abortion and risk the mothers life in the hope that they both live?

You’re making the choice to definitely kill the unborn foetus to prevent a chance that the mother will die. At what point does it become worth the risk of killing the mother?

You said that the mothers life must not be at risk, so where are you drawing the line with regards to risk? If there’s a 10% that continuing the pregnancy to full term would kill the mother, would you kill the ‘child’?

Surely if both lives are equal you would deny the abortion and risk the mothers life in the hope that they both live?

Again, I'd probably let the mother decide, maybe alongside a medical professional to assess risk. Not. Much point holding out with the pregnancy if both end up dying.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy Holidays!

Passover... the time god killed innocent first born Egyptian babies

Easter... the time god sacrificed himself, to himself to act as a loophole to rules he created and knew would be broken

passover1.jpg

You clearly have no idea what Easter is

Easter... the time god sacrificed himself, to himself to act as a loophole to rules he created and knew would be broken

And set Judas up as the scapegoat.

Imagine if Judas had had a change of heart, the whole resurrection scheme would have folded. As God is all knowing, and everything is part of His great plan, why is Judas derided by the Christian faith, when he only did what God had set him up to do ?

( At one of my son's school services, the Bishop of Liverpool gave an excellent sermon on this subject, and told a story where Jesus goes into Hell to rescue and forgive his 'friend' ).

Edited by badgerx16

Explain why my description of it is wrong. The same with passover.

Took you seconds to respond :lol:

God didn’t sacrifice himself to himself for a start. Your post could also be considered anti-Semitic

How are you spending Easter Matty? Did you buy a load of presents for your family and friends like you did during the last religious break we had?

Going back to original sin that Jesus is meant to be the answer for... if god is all knowing then he knew that Adam and Eve would fail his test. So if you set a test that you know they will 100% fail, it is not a fair test.
God did he because he knew there would be a poibt in the future where MLG would ask inane questions on a forum and he wanted to waste your time. He's a clever entity.

God didn’t sacrifice himself to himself for a start.

Many Christians believe God and Jesus are one and the same. Him dying on the cross is supposed to be a loophole to his rules over original sin. As I said earlier regarding the original sin Jesus is meant to be the answer for... if god is all knowing then he knew that Adam and Eve would fail his test. So if you set a test that you know they will 100% fail, it is not a fair test.

Your post could also be considered anti-Semitic

How? Does the story not say god killed innocent Egyptian first born babies? I think you will find it does! It is a horrific story or an evil baby killing god!

Many Christians believe God and Jesus are one and the same. Him dying on the cross is supposed to be a loophole to his rules over original sin. As I said earlier regarding the original sin Jesus is meant to be the answer for... if god is all knowing then he knew that Adam and Eve would fail his test. So if you set a test that you know they will 100% fail, it is not a fair test.

How? Does the story not say god killed innocent Egyptian first born babies? I think you will find it does! It is a horrific story or an evil baby killing god!

No, Jesus is gods son. You don’t even understand the basics and you are in denial about your anti-semitism. Your true colours are coming out. What did you buy your family and friends for Easter?

No, Jesus is gods son. You don’t even understand the basics

Lots of Christians believe God and Jesus are one and the same. Even if you don't, the point still stands that God thought the best way to remove the problem of orinignal sin was for Jesus to be sacrifired... because god loves a blood sacrifice and he couldn't just forgive mankind for breaking rules he knew they would break.

you are in denial about your anti-semitism. Your true colours are coming out.

Yet again... you fail to explain how what I said about god killing first born Egyptian babies is anti-semitic... it is what the Bible says! :mcinnes:

[quote=Turkish;2813784

What did you buy your family and friends for Easter?

Nothing

Lots of Christians believe God and Jesus are one and the same. Even if you don't, the point still stands that God thought the best way to remove the problem of orinignal sin was for Jesus to be sacrifired... because god loves a blood sacrifice and he couldn't just forgive mankind for breaking rules he knew they would break.

Yet again... you fail to explain how what I said about god killing first born Egyptian babies is anti-semitic... it is what the Bible says! :mcinnes:

Nothing

If you think Jewish people celebrating the Passover is a celebrating of killing babies then that shows your ignorance and anti-semitism.

As for your failure to buy Easter presents for your family that’s a little bit confusing. Last time we had an extended period of time of work you spent it visiting family and exchanging gifts, You made a quite valid explanation of it being a good time to do so with time off work, you now have exactly the same amount of time off work as then, whilst visiting may not be possible why aren’t you exchanging gifts this time?

If you think Jewish people celebrating the Passover is a celebrating of killing babies then that shows your ignorance and anti-semitism.

When did I say it was that? :mcinnes:

Do you deny the story says the god of the Bible killed Egyptian babies?

It is bizarre you think me saying what the book says is anti-semitic! The god of the Jews is a baby killer... the book says he is!

Happy Holidays!

Passover... the time god killed innocent first born Egyptian babies

passover1.jpg

When did I say it was that? :mcinnes:

Do you deny the story says the god of the Bible killed Egyptian babies?

It is bizarre you think me saying what the book says is anti-semitic! The god of the Jews is a baby killer... the book says he is!

You said it right here, you. No one else. Anti-Semite.

Now let’s talk about the question of presents I asked you about, if you can bare to tear yourself away from burning skull caps.

You said it right here, you. No one else. Anti-Semite.

No where in that post does it say it is a celebration of killing babies as you claimed.

Thing thing is... it kind of is a celebration of that... as the English name 'passover' is celebrating god passed over the Jewish houses and killed the Egyptian babies.

Pointing the horrific nature of the baby killing god story does not make me anti-semitic. Do you deny the story says god killed babies?

No where in that post does it say it is a celebration of killing babies as you claimed.

Thing thing is... it kind of is a celebration of that... as the English name 'passover' is celebrating god passed over the Jewish houses and killed the Egyptian babies.

Pointing the horrific nature of the baby killing god story does not make me anti-semitic. Do you deny the story says god killed babies?

“Happy holidays

Passover - the time god killed innocent first born Egyptians”

Or are you not denying you said that?

At best it shows a total lack of understanding of the Passover, but given your previous comments in times gone by I’m going to stick with anti Semitic.

“Happy holidays

Or are you now denying you said that?

At best it shows a total lack of understanding of the Passover, but given your previous comments in times gone by I’m going to stick with anti Semitic.

Typo.

“Happy holidays

Or are you not denying you said that?

Yet again... you ignore the questions I ask! :mcinnes:

Yet again... you ignore the questions I ask! :mcinnes:

I’ve answered it, you said the Passover was solely about killing babies of Jews enemies. I am of course not surprised you’re denying being anti Semitic, it’s not something anyone would admit to, especially someone who arrogantly boasts about their masters degree when their backs are to to the wall, okay you’re well educated, but so was Oswald Mosley.

Why do you fail to acknowledge other aspects of the Passover, Only pointing out the baby killing?

Actually reading the book leads to some unfortunate findings, some contradictions and many logical difficulties. It even advices you on how to do slavery right.

What exactly do you expect from a book written thousands of years ago, in a ancient world, translated hundreds of times, hardly going to be Bridget Jones diary is it.

They are legally bank holidays in the UK, not religious holidays. The law protects workers rights to have time off on those days - or time off in lieu - and they have been classed as bank holidays since 1871.

Just coincidence that 4 of our 8 legal bank holidays are exactly the same date as the most important dates in the Christian calendar then?

Just coincidence that 4 of our 8 legal bank holidays are exactly the same date as the most important dates in the Christian calendar then?

In the same way that Christian festivals were deliberately positioned to replace pre-Christian religious dates. Why not use the date that is already taken and observed.

Pagan calendar?

All the fun things about Easter are pagan. Bunnies are a leftover from the pagan festival of Eostre, a great northern goddess whose symbol was a rabbit or hare. Exchange of eggs is an ancient custom, celebrated by many cultures. Hot cross buns are very ancient too. In the Old Testament we see the Israelites baking sweet buns for an idol, and religious leaders trying to put a stop to it. The early church clergy also tried to put a stop to sacred cakes being baked at Easter. In the end, in the face of defiant cake-baking pagan women, they gave up and blessed the cake instead.

Easter is essentially a pagan festival which is celebrated with cards, gifts and novelty Easter products, because it's fun and the ancient symbolism still works. It's always struck me that the power of nature and the longer days are often most felt in modern towns and cities, where we set off to work without putting on our car headlights and when our alarm clock goes off in the mornings, the streetlights outside are not still on because of the darkness.

What better way to celebrate, than to bite the head off the bunny goddess, go to a "sunrise service", get yourself a sticky-footed fluffy chick and stick it on your TV, whilst helping yourself to a hefty slice of pagan simnel cake? Happy Easter everyone!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

Just a coincidence that :

The Sumerian goddess Inanna, or Ishtar, was hung naked on a stake, and was subsequently resurrected and ascended from the underworld. One of the oldest resurrection myths is Egyptian Horus. Born on 25 December, Horus and his damaged eye became symbols of life and rebirth. Mithras was born on what we now call Christmas day, and his followers celebrated the spring equinox. Even as late as the 4th century AD, the sol invictus, associated with Mithras, was the last great pagan cult the church had to overcome. Dionysus was a divine child, resurrected by his grandmother. Dionysus also brought his mum, Semele, back to life.

In an ironic twist, the Cybele cult flourished on today's Vatican Hill. Cybele's lover Attis, was born of a virgin, died and was reborn annually. This spring festival began as a day of blood on Black Friday, rising to a crescendo after three days, in rejoicing over the resurrection. There was violent conflict on Vatican Hill in the early days of Christianity between the Jesus worshippers and pagans who quarrelled over whose God was the true, and whose the imitation. What is interesting to note here is that in the ancient world, wherever you had popular resurrected god myths, Christianity found lots of converts. So, eventually Christianity came to an accommodation with the pagan Spring festival. Although we see no celebration of Easter in the New Testament, early church fathers celebrated it, and today many churches are offering "sunrise services" at Easter – an obvious pagan solar celebration. The date of Easter is not fixed, but instead is governed by the phases of the moon – how pagan is that?

?????

In the same way that Christian festivals were deliberately positioned to replace pre-Christian religious dates.

So the legal bank holidays are Christian festivals, which means however much anyone pretends it’s not the case, Christianity still has a huge relevance today, just because some don’t like it doesn’t make it untrue.

Pagan calendar?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

Just a coincidence that :

?????

Good posts, very valid points. A lot of people know that Christmas was on that date due to the Roman festival of saturnalia, as Easter is as your rightly point out. So did you pull your children out of school nativity plays when they were kids? Do you ban them from singing Christmas carols? Do you tell little ones the sorry of mary and Jesus and the three wise men is simply not true?

No, they are Pagan festival dates that Christianity hijacked.

Yes I know, what’s your point? So why when bank holidays weee made legal didn’t they just chose a random day? Why chose Christmas and Easter which as you say as Christian festivals in this era, regardless of their origins?

Good posts, very valid points. A lot of people know that Christmas was on that date due to the Roman festival of saturnalia, as Easter is as your rightly point out. So did you pull your children out of school nativity plays when they were kids? Do you ban them from singing Christmas carols? Do you tell little ones the sorry of mary and Jesus and the three wise men is simply not true?

No, I gave them ALL the facts and allowed them to make their own minds up - it tends to only be the highly religious families that engage in brain washing ;)

No, I gave them ALL the facts and allowed them to make their own minds up - it tends to only be the highly religious families that engage in brain washing ;)

A very balanced way to explain. The very fact they were taught it at school says it’s relevant though, dont you think?

Yes I know, what’s your point? So why when bank holidays weee made legal didn’t they just chose a random day? Why chose Christmas and Easter which as you say as Christian festivals in this era, regardless of their origins?

Probably because in 1871 when they were legally declared as bank holidays, religion played an important part in people's lives, owing to the fact that science hadn't yet developed sufficiently to debunk most of the myths.

A very balanced way to explain. The very fact they were taught it at school says it’s relevant though, dont you think?

No. It says the archaic laws of our country require it to be taught - in all fairness, it is no longer about Jesus, Mary and the wise men and tends to be more balanced covering all the major religions.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape