Saints 2 Huddersfield 0 - Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

Is this Hudds away kit with no sponsor on it? I'm confused. Their home kit is blue and white stripes.

Yes. Sponsored by Paddy Power who, subversively, launched some kind of 'save the strip' (?) campaign after taking their logo off the shirt following a hoax sash sponsorship which you may remember... short answer: yes.

Not sure how you can judge Adams when he has had literally no service so far. Hudds sitting deep as well so there's very little space for him to operate in.

He is out of his depth - against a poor Championship team. He should have buried that chance after great work by JWP but instead took a stutter step.

The play at the moment is reminiscent of how we were playing a few weeks back. Slow, ponderous and with no threat.

Is Boufal seeing much of the ball? Surely an opportunity for him to impress today as he should be the main creative spark in this team.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Won the free kick. But I agree, he should be running rings round Huddersfield. JWP main creative force atm.

Good movement and skill from Smallbone until the shot! You watch Adams movement (or lack of it). Just now he was on his heels when if he had anticipated he could have been in.

Maybe a loan for him is the best thing to rebuild his confidence - right now he looks terrible.

Answer - very, very poor!

In all fairness, this is a very much cobbled together second 11 who will have never played together in this formation before. It's no great surprise they aren't tearing Hudds a new one.

But yeah, overall, nobody is really taking the chance to impress.