Cardiff vs Saints - Build Up

Lighthouse

@Lighthouse, could you tell SG that I paid my £5 to be able to rant at will back on the 22 November via bank transfer to a/c ******04, and could he reinstate my membership. Thanks.

Hopefully I'll be able to post numerous celebratory posts on Saturday, but then I'm an incurable optimist..

@Lighthouse, could you tell SG that I paid my £5 to be able to rant at will back on the 22 November via bank transfer to a/c ******04, and could he reinstate my membership. Thanks.

Hopefully I'll be able to post numerous celebratory posts on Saturday, but then I'm an incurable optimist..

Leave it with me.

Think the new coach will play 4-3-3 for the moment cause it fits with the players.

..................McCarthy......................

Soares. Vestergaard. Stephens. Bertrand(Targett)

..........Romeu..............Hojbjerg........

.....................Lemina......................

Armstrong.........................Redmond

..................Ings(Gabbiadini)............

No sign of Ings or Bertrand in the short training video.

Wonder if Ings will turn into one of those nearly there injuries that goes on for months?

Hamstrings can be quite nasty. With hindsight, we didn't do him any favours by playing him when he tweaked it.

No sign of Ings or Bertrand in the short training video.

Wonder if Ings will turn into one of those nearly there injuries that goes on for months?

I still can't believe we've already agreed to sign Ings permanently, his injury record is appalling, already missed key games for us and looks set to miss more.

It will be interesting to see how he sets up the defence. Good luck to him.

It will indeed! We've got enough in midfield and attack to stay up. We scored more goals than Burnley did last season and they finished 7th FFS.

We just need to find a few clean sheets.

PHIL MERSON: Cardiff 2-0 Southampton

There's a new man at the helm at Southampton in Ralph Hasenhuttl but I must side with Cardiff to win this game. Saints are bringing in a manager who has never experienced the Premier League and I think there's a rude awakening coming on Saturday.

Southampton may have let slip a two-goal lead against Manchester United last weekend, but they did play well, don't get me wrong. However, with the new manager coming in this weekend I think it's going to be a difficult afternoon for them. I'm backing Cardiff for a win that will put Southampton in big trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAWRO: Cardiff 2-1 Southampton

New Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl was in the stands to see his new side get comprehensively beaten by Tottenham on Wednesday night, and it will be interesting to see what team he picks after spending so little time with his players.

Hasenhuttl will get a reaction, because suddenly everyone is playing for their place now Mark Hughes has left.

But I don't think he will know too much about Cardiff, and I am pretty sure he won't have crossed paths with Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock before.

So this is a case of 'welcome to the Premier League' for Hasenhuttl and this is going to be a tough test for him.

Cardiff have won three of their last four home games, and I can see them getting another victory here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly the signs are there with these 2 predicting Cardiff wins, Hasenhuttl is the one and we're gonna win 3-0!

I was. No matter how many goals he scores this season, that guaranteed £20m signing clause was a ridiculous thing to do.

Transfermarkt quotes only one hamstring injury in Sept 14 where he missed 3 games. I appreciate he's had other injuries but he's hardly prone to hammy's which pretty much every footballer has suffered on multiple occasions.

Transfermarkt quotes only one hamstring injury in Sept 14 where he missed 3 games. I appreciate he's had other injuries but he's hardly prone to hammy's which pretty much every footballer has suffered on multiple occasions.

It's his knees I was, am and all ways will be worried about.

Let's not expect miracles chaps. He will need time, especially as the poor little sods who make up our playing staff have had about 5 'philosophies' to change to over the last five years. I think we'll probably draw, and then can build from there. Obvs a win would be good tho

Ultimately we can't lose this one. To go 5 points behind a side who most would expect to go down would be very concerning.

Fulham and Hudds most likely won't be getting points tomorrow, IF we win things could look a bit more comfortable, but can't be expecting drastic change over night. Just hope for improved performance and if we can get a lead, to bloomin' well hold on to it!

PHIL MERSON: Cardiff 2-0 Southampton

There's a new man at the helm at Southampton in Ralph Hasenhuttl but I must side with Cardiff to win this game. Saints are bringing in a manager who has never experienced the Premier League and I think there's a rude awakening coming on Saturday.

Southampton may have let slip a two-goal lead against Manchester United last weekend, but they did play well, don't get me wrong. However, with the new manager coming in this weekend I think it's going to be a difficult afternoon for them. I'm backing Cardiff for a win that will put Southampton in big trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAWRO: Cardiff 2-1 Southampton

New Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl was in the stands to see his new side get comprehensively beaten by Tottenham on Wednesday night, and it will be interesting to see what team he picks after spending so little time with his players.

Hasenhuttl will get a reaction, because suddenly everyone is playing for their place now Mark Hughes has left.

But I don't think he will know too much about Cardiff, and I am pretty sure he won't have crossed paths with Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock before.

So this is a case of 'welcome to the Premier League' for Hasenhuttl and this is going to be a tough test for him.

Cardiff have won three of their last four home games, and I can see them getting another victory here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly the signs are there with these 2 predicting Cardiff wins, Hasenhuttl is the one and we're gonna win 3-0!

They both seem to be basing it on him not knowing how Cardiff will play, but we were told that Cardiff was one of the team's he watched last week. I wouldn't be surprised if he also has watched their Tuesday game as well.

Plus I'd still fancy our chances of beating them with Hughes, they really are not very good, I know neither are we but I think we have more quality and our luck has to change at some point.

I kind of expect Vestergaard to start. He did well in the Bundesliga, so I'd imagine RaHa would know what he's about.

What he's about is 5 yards too slow. It's no good being 7 foot 6 if, when the ball and man goes past you on the deck, you constantly fail to recover. He has to improve in this area or he's not going to find it easy holding down a place.

What he's about is 5 yards too slow. It's no good being 7 foot 6 if, when the ball and man goes past you on the deck, you constantly fail to recover. He has to improve in this area or he's not going to find it easy holding down a place.

If there’s one team that aren’t going to be pulling out centre halves out of position and turning them round constantly then it’s Cardiff. We need a big brute who can win every tackle and every header, and he’s our man.

If there’s one team that aren’t going to be pulling out centre halves out of position and turning them round constantly then it’s Cardiff. We need a big brute who can win every tackle and every header, and he’s our man.

Agree that with some of the more agricultural teams he may be an asset but on the whole he has to improve in terms of speed of thought and recovery.

You should have watched them at home to Fulham a few weeks back.

I can see them pressing a lot harder and tightening up at the back. Yoshida's waving his foot at the ball won't cut it. Anybody that doesn't play hard will be on their bikes out of the squad. That message won't take long to sink in. He says that is this weeks priority.

Don't underestimate our players and don't be surprised if we win well tomorrow. They will understand the implications of the infrastructure changes that have been made over the last three weeks. There is a new atmosphere of renewal and ambition around the place and this is bound to re-ignite the passions in players for their own ambitions and futures. We maybe cannot measure the impact of a 'feel good' factor but everyone will respond to it even if sublimely.

Plenty of slow defenders have done well in this league. Metersacker turned like a battleship and had the acceleration of an OAP but he was still a good defender.

The Bundesliga is not a slow paced league either and Vestergaard did very well there, he was playing in the Champions League two years ago and performing well.

It's about positioning and decision making, he is just being rash because there is no team shape or discipline to our defending and he is in and out of the team trying to make an impression.

The goal we conceded against Utd on Saturday was a great example, he was rash, he came charging out to get the ball and then is not quick enough to recover, but he doesn't have to be quick enough to recover if he just stays in position and forces the attacker to do something.

None of our defenders are playing with any confidence or playing together, the team is defending as individuals, that is what Ralph needs to sort out, I fully expect once the team is defending as one and our defence starts playing together, we'll see a lot more from our centre backs and a lot less individual errors.

Plenty of slow defenders have done well in this league. Metersacker turned like a battleship and had the acceleration of an OAP but he was still a good defender.

The Bundesliga is not a slow paced league either and Vestergaard did very well there, he was playing in the Champions League two years ago and performing well.

It's about positioning and decision making, he is just being rash because there is no team shape or discipline to our defending and he is in and out of the team trying to make an impression.

The goal we conceded against Utd on Saturday was a great example, he was rash, he came charging out to get the ball and then is not quick enough to recover, but he doesn't have to be quick enough to recover if he just stays in position and forces the attacker to do something.

None of our defenders are playing with any confidence or playing together, the team is defending as individuals, that is what Ralph needs to sort out, I fully expect once the team is defending as one and our defence starts playing together, we'll see a lot more from our centre backs and a lot less individual errors.

Some very good points - it’s why CB’s mature with age.

And on the flip side, we might not have conceded the second goal to Spurs if any of our players had been a bit more 'rash', instead of hesitating to attack the second ball before Moura took his second bite.

Marcus Barnes is a 22 year old forward, correct? It must be hit or bust time for him surely at that age? Give the lad a go, as I keep saying, he cannot be any worse than the sheer incompetence we have had to endure the last two years!
He's not registered in the 25 man squad, so can't play.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Don't underestimate our players and don't be surprised if we win well tomorrow. They will understand the implications of the infrastructure changes that have been made over the last three weeks. There is a new atmosphere of renewal and ambition around the place and this is bound to re-ignite the passions in players for their own ambitions and futures. We maybe cannot measure the impact of a 'feel good' factor but everyone will respond to it even if sublimely.

That would be awe-inspiring, eh? ;)

really need the 3 points here.

If not at Cardiff then where?

Cardiff (a)

Arsenal (h)

Huddersfield (a)

West Ham (h)

Manchester City (h)

Chelsea (a)

9 points after the holiday fixtures would get us to 18 points with 21 games played.

You have to wonder how much impact Ralph can have with one training session though. I guess our best hope is a new manager watching makes the players up their games (not that they did for spurs :?)