Cardiff 1 Saints 0 Post Match

St Chalet

we don't have two months though. We are rapidly falling behind the pack two more months of losing and drawing before we pick up will see us already relegated.
Totally agree, we needed Swansea to drop like a stone for the last quarter of last season, while we plodded over the line. This season, in a couple of months, we're going to need a couple of teams to totally implode while we show a marked improvement. Can't see it, just not happening.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Christ!! Just chill the f##k out!

We were awful today... based on a team picked from who trained on Thursday..

Give the bloke 2 months before you all wet the bed.

Honestly... it’s hilarious watching you ****s!,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah just chill the **** out everybody. 5 wins out of 47 matches. What's to worry about. Leave it another 8 weeks and it'll all be sorted.

From reading about Hasenhüttl and Rohl (whose background looks to be analytics) :

This game will be on the large screens at Staplewood. The individual mistakes will be laid bare.

I doubt we'll see such absurdities along the lines of Vestergaards error come January.

From reading about Hasenhüttl and Rohl (whose background looks to be analytics) :

This game will be on the large screens at Staplewood. The individual mistakes will be laid bare.

I doubt we'll see such absurdities along the lines of Vestergaards error come January.

Really? Does Vestergaard not already know that you aren't supposed to weakly flick the ball into a **** forward's path and gift him a goal he's incapable of earning through his own quality? Nobody should need to teach him that. He cost ****ing £20M FFS.

Really? Does Vestergaard not already know that you aren't supposed to weakly flick the ball into a **** forward's path and gift him a goal he's incapable of earning through his own quality? Nobody should need to teach him that. He cost ****ing £20M FFS.

you certainly don't learn how to stop making errors, you just end up playing at a lower level where they are not punished as badly.

Depressing.

God our centre halves are poor, Bednarek & Stephens probably the two who’ve made the least mistakes, that’s how bad it is.

Both full backs woeful.

PEH & Armstrong have been two shining lights this season, but I thought both were poor today.

OR was ok, particularly first half.

Lemina, head and shoulders our best player today.

Redmond flattered to deceive, again. Austin did his best, but not really good enough.

I counted about 5 players and the boss acknowledging us after game, the others slipped off down the tunnel. Bottle jobs, I really can’t stand these twts, the sooner the whole ****ing lot of them go the better.

Been watching 25+ years now. Without fail, every season, 5 or 6 teams get written off in October/November/December. People never learn. Only one thing matters, and that's how close you are to safety. If you're in touch in April you can stay up whatever has come before.

Shame today, deserved to be a 0-0 I thought both sides were awful. But that was them with confidence against us with zero. Will be difficult to turn it round quickly, most players seem devoid of any belief and it doesn't help having fans seemingly write them all off every 5 minutes. They just need time with the manager and to get back to winning ways asap.

Bertrand, Cedric and Ings back is vital. We need that experience and a goal threat.

Defence is a nightmare. You've got 8 or 9 players short of confidence and zero consistency in selection. So just stick with a partnership for a while and let it develop regardless of mistakes?

The same people demanding signings will write the new guy off the second he makes a mistake anyway.

Agree. We finally need a settled side, even if it isn’t the strongest

Did you at any point during that match think we were going to score? I didn't. So the best outcome against mighty Cardiff was a nil nil draw and that was only if their 1 star set of forwards were too crap to take advantage of our numerous defensive **** ups. They tried hard to be too crap but in the end we gave them a chance that was impossible to be too crap to miss.
Yes I did. At least from a penalty not given. Or if we had a striker who was faintly mobile to meet the crosses we got in. Our approach play was good, final ball not so good, finishing non-existent.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes I did. At least from a penalty not given. Or if we had a striker who was faintly mobile to meet the crosses we got in. Our approach play was good, final ball not so good, finishing non-existent.

Well exactly. We don't have such a striker ergo we ain't scoring. I don't think our approach play was particularly good either. Ok I suppose but not good - and we were playing ****ing Cardiff. CARDIFF.

Well exactly. We don't have such a striker ergo we ain't scoring. I don't think our approach play was particularly good either. Ok I suppose but not good - and we were playing ****ing Cardiff. CARDIFF.
We've got four injured strikers.

Utterly soaked in the stadium and then walking back to the car didn’t help the mood. But I think that was the worst quality top flight match I have seen since starting watching in 1987. The only other candidate would be the infamous Friday night match v Notts County under Branfoot that we won 1-0, and they were managed that day by........yep Neil Warnock!

Today we were out fought by Cardiff who just hooked on forward balls, made sure they worked every throw in down the touch line until level with our area before launching it in. Awful to watch, and we created next to nothing in response. One more of a long list of poor goals to concede and while we had what looked a good penalty shout on Armstrong in truth Cardiff could have taken some of their other clear cut chances.

While I understand the rationale for the sacking, as I said before I would have given Hughes until after the Wet Spam game and sacked him then if we had less than 15 or so points. This week we sacked our manager after the best performance of the season and then had two games in four days. Today we seemed uncertain of our approach which given how little time Ralph has had seemed an own goal.

Still we are where we are and unless we curb the defensive mistakes we will go down. Feels like we need at least three defenders in January.

We've got four injured strikers.

We have. Ings is the best of those four but he’s usually........injured. Then we have Shane 2 goals in 50 or whatever it is appearances Long. Then Sam Gallagher and his patchy championship record. Then Obafemi who might turn out good but is raw and unproven. Deep roster right there!

I'm gobsmacked that most on here seemed to expect an instant change with the new manager. I think he needs more than one training session to try and sort this shower out.

Totally. I’m still utterly ****ed off we lost to Cardiff after yet another abysmal performance though.

It's now evident why they sacked Les Reed. **** recruitment at the back. Sell VVD and not replace him was a major mistake.

VVD was a top class CB actually replacing him with someone of equal ability was a pretty tough act. I actually think not replacing Fonte properly was a bigger problem, his legs where going but he was a proper leader, we haven't had an leader and organiser in the defence since he went and it shows every game.

I'm gobsmacked that most on here seemed to expect an instant change with the new manager. I think he needs more than one training session to try and sort this shower out.

well I didn't expect much improvement, after one training session, but this was actually a worse performance than Man U a week ago. While I didn't expect much from the manager I did naively think the players might want to try impress him with the best performance they could manage. Now either they weren't worried about impressing the new manager or that was them playing out of their skins to impress him I'm not sure which one of those options worries me the most..

VVD was a top class CB actually replacing him with someone of equal ability was a pretty tough act. I actually think not replacing Fonte properly was a bigger problem, his legs where going but he was a proper leader, we haven't had an leader and organiser in the defence since he went and it shows every game.

Hard to replace the quality of VvD

Not hard to get better than Hoedt and Vestergaard, who are awful

Hard to replace the quality of VvD

Not hard to get better than Hoedt and Vestergaard, who are awful

yep no arguments from me we should have managed to recruit at least a competent CB or two with the VVD money. Compared to our CBs, today, Sol Bamba looked ****ing world class. Still having said that I still think not replacing Fonte with an experienced leader type CB has cost us dear the last couple of seasons. There is no one at the back to organise the defence at all these days no wonder they look like the keystone cops most of the time.

Will get shouted down but thought we looked much better with Stephens and JWp on the pitch. They showed they cared and JWP created more in his cameo than Hojberg or Armstrong did the whole game.

Not by me you won't as you're right.

I'll get shouted down for this but Stephens and Yoshi are still the best CB pairing we have and should start every game unless they're injured, tired or we've GENUINELY bought a better player.

Was our performance really that bad? A pal contacted me today to say he was shocked how poor we were and very disappointed by the desire of most of the players. I normally manage to find a link to view but I had had family visiting today. So I have no idea if he is exaggerating. Really that’s bad?

Total goals scored for us in 2018 by those four?
But my point is, the midfield are now looking more positive and forward-looking and are making chances. Before, our forwards were starved. Now they might be getting chances they're injured so we've got no-one to get on the end of things.

check out the **** play from Austin that led to the break away for the goal. Vestergaard ****, no doubt about it, but he was far from the only one to lose that game for us. The attack create the square route of **** all.
Your last sentence simply isn't true. Were you there?

Was our performance really that bad? A pal contacted me today to say he was shocked how poor we were and very disappointed by the desire of most of the players. I normally manage to find a link to view but I had had family visiting today. So I have no idea if he is exaggerating. Really that’s bad?
Not true. The players showed plenty of commitment.

But my point is, the midfield are now looking more positive and forward-looking and are making chances. Before, our forwards were starved. Now they might be getting chances they're injured so we've got no-one to get on the end of things.

The chances created today was poor, No forward is going to score when they have no supply of chances to finish, Felt sorry for Austin, big powerful striker and no decent cross into the box all game and not one clear cut chance created. We look pretty, but that is about it.

The chances created today was poor, No forward is going to score when they have no supply of chances to finish, Felt sorry for Austin, big powerful striker and no decent cross into the box all game and not one clear cut chance created. We look pretty, but that is about it.
I wasn't sorry for Austin. Strikers have to move and help to create chances. He didn't.

I wasn't sorry for Austin. Strikers have to move and help to create chances. He didn't.

does not matter if he moved around all the time, if no one can place a cross and pick him out he might as well sit down. don't matter what way you look at it, a striker can only be judge on the chances they missed, he missed 0 clear chances cause none was presented to him, you cant blame him for that only the players who are meant to be supplying him with chances

Not by me you won't as you're right.

I'll get shouted down for this but Stephens and Yoshi are still the best CB pairing we have and should start every game unless they're injured, tired or we've GENUINELY bought a better player.

I agree, I thought Vest may be the answer but last two starts he’s been sluggish. I think if things pick up and we stay up he may still come good, but for now he can’t play. A very frustrating day but it’ll pass and we’ll all calm down. But **** me Pierre Emile Hojbjerg may be the most overrated and under criticised player in our history. WHY CAN HE NOT PASS THE BALL TO A ****ING TEAMMATE. Honestly, the amount of times he passes to the opposition in every game makes me think he’s match fixing, astonishing.

Not down yet - a long way to go yet. Time for Ralph to get it sorted. He needs to be backed in the January window though to sort out the centre back issues. Stephens and Yoshi are just about good enough for the PL but they should be back up. Vest and Hoedt are both shocking and need to go play reserves for a while before being offloaded. Just hope we are not too far adrift before Ralph gets his guys bedded in. Need to pick up a few points here and there over Christmas.

Time for our Austrian manager to promote the highly rated Austrian centre back from our U23 squad I reckon. Can't do any worse, can he...?
Wouldn't help. Klarer is yet another of our "prospects" with poor mobility.

Our scouting and recruitment team have royally soiled the bed in recent years.

The best young centre back we've brought through of late is Alfie Jones, on loan in Scotland. And guess what? He can't run either.

We must be the only club in the country that thinks pace and power are unimportant attributes in English football.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Not down yet - a long way to go yet. Time for Ralph to get it sorted. He needs to be backed in the January window though to sort out the centre back issues. Stephens and Yoshi are just about good enough for the PL but they should be back up. Vest and Hoedt are both shocking and need to go play reserves for a while before being offloaded. Just hope we are not too far adrift before Ralph gets his guys bedded in. Need to pick up a few points here and there over Christmas.

Not so sure about a long way to go. We have three games and we are halfway. With Arsenal Man City and Huddersfield Away in those three games we could have only 9 points at the half way stage.

That would leave an absolute mountain to climb second half of the season.

If we said we would get 3 points from the top 6 we would need probably two points per game from the other 13 matches.

If this guy Ralph keeps us up he will have done really well.

Over reacting bed wetter's on here. Calm down, we are in safe hands. There's no one better we could have got to sort this sh!t out. Things will change for the best, upward curves don't happen over night. RH has work to do let him do it. He will not take passengers all those that aren't good enough will fall away. May well be JV last game simply too slow and to clumsy.

So weak, so uninterested,so uncommitted. Only saw MOTD but we must have lost 3 or 4 50-50s, second best 3 or 4 times and pushed off the ball a couple of times ... all in about 3 minutes!

Very hard to get our physical levels back to where they should be 'in-season' and right on top of the Xmas programme too.

If we can magic up one decent CB and one decent striker in early Jan we might have a chance. We won't and we don't, get your insurance bets on now to pay for next season's ST in the championship.

If there’s one player out on loan that would suit the managers high energy pressing game it’s Harrison Reed.

This, times a million. How is he not at the club? Ditto Sims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk