Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

Palace have only just confirmed Ayew in the last few minutes.
Fair enough but I'll be happier if it doesn't happen. Feels like another case of anyone is better than no-one. In fact, a bit like Carrillo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fair enough but I'll be happier if it doesn't happen. Feels like another case of anyone is better than no-one. In fact, a bit like Carrillo.

It’s not like Carrillo at all, as it would be a risk free loan, not wasting 20 million on a nobody.

I'm far from sure about this. There's a huge question over whether he can keep fit, a bigger one over whether he can be anything like his old self and I can't help wondering if this isn't just adding another at the same level as Austin or Long. Think I'd have preferred giving Gallagher a chance.

You think Austin and long are at the same level, really?

An obligation to buy generally means they will buy him next season instead of this season. Atleast in Italy it's done generally if they don't have funds this season, so will guarantee to buy him using next season funds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Some scousers are also interpreting obligation to buy in this way which would put a very different spin on the deal and whether it’s good or not.

And they are both strikers whose primary role is to hit the back of the ****ing net. Long couldn’t hit a barn door. No contest.
The problem is that Charlie doesn't hold the ball up - it rarely sticks, so doesn't bring others into play, has no pace and lacks movement. He does nothing by way of pressing. I'll accept that if you put it on a plate for him, there's a good chance he'll score.

Long has been a good finisher in the past and I can see him doing far better this season - his confidence was shot last season and yes, he was woeful. But he works hard, defends from the front, presses, has pace to worry the opposition, win lost causes and hold the ball.

The problem is that Charlie doesn't hold the ball up - it rarely sticks, so doesn't bring others into play, has no pace and lacks movement. He does nothing by way of pressing. I'll accept that if you put it on a plate for him, there's a good chance he'll score.

Long has been a good finisher in the past and I can see him doing far better this season - his confidence was shot last season and yes, he was woeful. But he works hard, defends from the front, presses, has pace to worry the opposition, win lost causes and hold the ball.

You make long sound like a world beater. Agree with Austin’s downfall by the way but you can not afford to play with a striker that scores so rarely. I’d have Austin in my side ahead of long without a second thought

You make long sound like a world beater. Agree with Austin’s downfall by the way but you can not afford to play with a striker that scores so rarely. I’d have Austin in my side ahead of long without a second thought
I'll agree to disagree.

As someone that’s been crying out got a striker (yes I’d have preferred Welbeck or Alcacer) i’ve got to say I’m happy with Ings, being he’s local and supposedly a Saints fan he might give it his all for the shirt. At the end of the day he’ll score more than Long. Get behind Saints fans and lets seen what he can do.

Pathetic if true.

In his day he was decent but in the last three years he has been crippled and dome **** all.

Feel really sorry for our youngsters ie Gallagher that we would rather take on someone who has hardly played and is likely to be injured as soon as he tries and puts his socks then give them a chance.

Pathway for the academy, what a load of ********.

When exactly? One 10 goal season. He's bog average and not a patch on Austin. Also he doesn't hold the ball up well either.

Doesn't sound like a try before you buy, this is all but a permanent deal by the sounds of it. I've seen it mooted that it's a £20m deal, £4-5m paid now in a loan fee - so £15m left to pay next summer. Says he's already agreed a contract to 2022 which will become active next summer.

Seems a lot of money.

Pathetic if true.

In his day he was decent but in the last three years he has been crippled and dome **** all.

Feel really sorry for our youngsters ie Gallagher that we would rather take on someone who has hardly played and is likely to be injured as soon as he tries and puts his socks then give them a chance.

Pathway for the academy, what a load of ********.

Part of the reason that he’s hardly played - injuries aside - is the likes of Salah, Firmino, Coutinho and Mane.

If we have to buy him, why don’t we just do it now rather then loan him first? What’s the point?

Because we don't have the ability to pay that outlay at the moment? So we pay a smaller amount now, for a loan fee, and pay the rest next year.

Doesn't sound like a try before you buy, this is all but a permanent deal by the sounds of it. I've seen it mooted that it's a £20m deal, £4-5m paid now in a loan fee - so £15m left to pay next summer. Says he's already agreed a contract to 2022 which will become active next summer.

Seems a lot of money.

Not if he bags 10/12 goals a season think he has a point to prove and could end up an excellent signing

Wow what a stupid decision.

No offence to the guy, he did well in the championship back in 2013. Was prolific if I remember rightly. But since then he can't have played much. Obviously not his fault but if he is constantly injured I don't see the benefit of this deal. Why not give one of our own a go?

Just makes the Jay sale seem even more baffling.

Welcome and all that and hope you re-find your touch. Just can't see him staying fit.

Wow what a stupid decision.

No offence to the guy, he did well in the championship back in 2013. Was prolific if I remember rightly. But since then he can't have played much. Obviously not his fault but if he is constantly injured I don't see the benefit of this deal. Why not give one of our own a go?

Just makes the Jay sale seem even more baffling.

Welcome and all that and hope you re-find your touch. Just can't see him staying fit.

Why are people ignoring the season he had in the PL with Burnley....? (he scored 15 in all comps that year iirc). 11 in the PL. I'd bite anyones hand off for someone who can get into double figures for us...