Transfer Deadline Day

Lighthouse

We have no idea who our big earners are or what our new signings are earning you're just making assumptions and taking guesses on what players are earning.

I've seen PL teams wages published all over the internet and no two sites ever agree with each other either on individual players or team wage bills. As an example on the Forster thread alone we had people claiming he is earning 100, 95, 90 and 60k a week.

I'm not saying your wrong or right but your argument would hold more water I you could provide a detailed break down of our squads wages.

Not sure this is really relevant. Under FFP our wage cap is £7m higher than it was last season, when Forster's new deal was already in place. Since then we've lost two of our absolute star players and replaced them with newcomers to the league. There's absolutely no way that our wage cap for the new season has significantly constrained us from signing reinforcements - it's the capital outlay on transfers we seemingly can't afford.

Come on DT did he nick your dinner money in the play ground?

If he scores 2 goals he will be better than either 19m Carillo or 16m Boufal :-)

If he stays fit we have another option isnt that what we wanted would you rather have Ayew for same money?

I am so hoping he comes good to shut up some of the twits on here .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure this is really relevant. Under FFP our wage cap is £7m higher than it was last season, when Forster's new deal was already in place. Since then we've lost two of our absolute star players and replaced them with newcomers to the league. There's absolutely no way that our wage cap for the new season has significantly constrained us from signing reinforcements - it's the capital outlay on transfers we seemingly can't afford.

Still guess work on your part as far as I can tell you have no idea what VVD and Tadic where on or what the four (now five) new guys are on. As an example of just taking a guess the only saints player whose wages I'm pretty certain of is Targett's (thanks to a source close to him) and that's 45K a week. If he is being paid that as a back up left back I could quite easily see the new guys getting similar as thier weekly wage that's another 11.7 million added to wage bill on five new signings in that comes down to how much Tadic and VVD where on and how much of Gudio and Boufals wages are being paid by their loan clubs but we could easily be close to the extra 7 million...but with out accurate weekly wages for all our players its impossible to really know.

Ings?!

Liverpool are our feeder club! Although I’d have gone for Mané, Van Dyke, Lallana, Lovren, Clyne ahead of him though to be fair.

Someone said Mark Hughes said to Les he wanted ‘signings’... doh!

Good luck to him. Local lad, but I ban the Northam Stand from singing the inane ‘he’s one of our own’ song...

They’re going to have to spark and create some bloody inspiring songs to get behind this weakened squad if we’re going to stay up!

Good luck Danny! I’m happy you’re here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where would we be if you added in the remainder of the vvd fee?

Who knows. You'd have to add in everyone else's January dealings (including our Carillio fee) and then also add/remove what everyone else is owed/due to receive in instalments for their players.

Say what you like about this particular window, and it's been a 7/10 one, but it has destroyed the notion some had that Gao just wants all the money to pay back his loan.

On the contrary last night the general moan was about how Ings was a waste of a lot of money.

Edited by CB Fry

So we've ended up in 10th place in the net spend charts. 12th biggest spenders. And that doesn't include the Ings fee because that's next year.

DkMM-zuXoAI7DUl.jpg:large

Hiidersfield and Brighton have spent total of £110m. I’d struggle to name one signing they have made. Don’t get a lot of bang for your buck. Good old Spurs though.

Hiidersfield and Brighton have spent total of £110m. I’d struggle to name one signing they have made. Don’t get a lot of bang for your buck. Good old Spurs though.
Just rest assured that all the £15-25m players that everyone else has signed are absolute world beaters who are going to tear up the league.

Don't forget, most if not all of the players will have yearly wage rises too, all adds up pretty quickly

I was relatively happy with Ings, until I read that we have an obligation to buy him, which is quite frankly ridiculous if he gets injured all season.

It's a 6/10 window for me.

I suspect that is why he is a loan. Surely there will be a clause regarding injury and games played. Or at worst a large reduction in fee. The club may be foolish at times but not that reckless

The contract must be conditional, surely? If I remember correctly there was a balls up over Alderweireld’s contract and someone apparently responsible left the club fairly sharpish afterwards. Since when, we’ve wasted millions on duds. It would be madness to risk millions more with an absolute unconditional obligation to buy, due simply to cash flow, and I can’t believe the club would do it.

The contract must be conditional, surely? If I remember correctly there was a balls up over Alderweireld’s contract and someone apparently responsible left the club fairly sharpish afterwards. Since when, we’ve wasted millions on duds. It would be madness to risk millions more with an absolute unconditional obligation to buy, due simply to cash flow, and I can’t believe the club would do it.

Everywhere I've read, including from Jeremy Wilson, has stipulated that he has signed a 4 year contract already.

Tbf at the end of last season I was expecting us to lose at least a couple of Lemina' date=' Gabbiadini, Bertrand and Cedric so can’t be too disappointed with our window.[/quote']

On the flip side that fact that there was no known actual tap on the Saints door, calling for those 4 could equally be considered worrying in that no other team was interested, ok there was a bit of a flurry about Lemina, but that just turned out to be Pep taking the turn a street too early.

Interesting take on the Targett situation in football London.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/revealed-fulhams-move-southampton-full-15012648

They offered £15m on Wednesday, we said we wanted £20m they said no thanks and moved onto Bryan and we went back and said ok we will take £15m to which they told us where to go.

Wonder if we were trying to Scrabble together the money to but Ings outright with no loan option hence why we only got Ings late on when Liverpool agreed to the loan and obligation to buy deal?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Interesting take on the Targett situation in football London.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/revealed-fulhams-move-southampton-full-15012648

They offered £15m on Wednesday, we said we wanted £20m they said no thanks and moved onto Bryan and we went back and said ok we will take £15m to which they told us where to go.

Wonder if we were trying to Scrabble together the money to but Ings outright with no loan option hence why we only got Ings late on when Liverpool agreed to the loan and obligation to buy deal?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Or it could be click bait bull....

Or it could be click bait bull....

Aye, it's always best to get both sides of a story rather than just the one. As it is, Fulham signing 12 players is a bit silly really. Brighton did 13. Wolves 11. West Ham 10. Huddersfield 9. Is that really a good way of doing things?