Saints v Bournemouth Build-up

SuperSAINT

I'd play a 3421 as that has been our most reliable formation so far. Have jwp back at wingback and play

Gunn

Danso vestergaard bednarek

JWP Romeu Hoj bertrand

Adams Ings boufal

If we had redmond or djenepo I would drop bertrand, have danso at lb and play a 433 with JWP in the 3 man midfield

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Though it pains me to say it, in the cold light of day, Bournemouth and Spurs are more important games than the cup game, so if players need resting, they should be protected for next weekend - Ralph has a balancing act on his hands.

Next week could see the first local derby in history when we have rested players.

A sad reflection on the sorry state of them.

Though it pains me to say it, in the cold light of day, Bournemouth and Spurs are more important games than the cup game, so if players need resting, they should be protected for next weekend - Ralph has a balancing act on his hands.

Next week could see the first local derby in history when we have rested players.

Passing judgement on what hasn't happened?

Why would anyone need resting? 8pm Friday > 7.45pm Tuesday (possible pens but no extra time, in a game we should win in second gear) > 3pm Saturday. Even the traveling time for the 2 aways is pretty minimal. If they can't manage those 3 games without needing a rest (genuine injuries aside) they really shouldn't be playing at this level.

Are they bollix nothing is more important than beating Pompey in their own back yard.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I know its a Friday night and on TV but surprised at how many tickets are still on sale, mostly at the Chapel end and Itchen / Kingsland South.

Hopefully 8pm Friday will help get the atmosphere going, the bucket rattlers don't tend to sing much though.

If either side wins tonight they'll be 3rd in the table, for a few hours at least, would love that to be us but going for 2-2 draw.

B*llocks, nothing matters except for tuesday night. NOTHING.

Two very interesting stats from the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49684490

Bournemouth have never won a match at Southampton in any competition (D6, L9).

Southampton have lost their last four home league games on a Friday, although three of those were in the Championship between 2007 and 2012.

Well that’s not true they beat us when redknapp was their manager I’m sure in a league cup game

Well that’s not true they beat us when redknapp was their manager I’m sure in a league cup game

They beat us on their own ground then in a 2 legged tie. The game at the Dell was a draw, so they have never beaten us at home. Let's hope that continues today.

Two very interesting stats from the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49684490

Bournemouth have never won a match at Southampton in any competition (D6, L9).

Southampton have lost their last four home league games on a Friday, although three of those were in the Championship between 2007 and 2012.

It will be a draw then...

That's the one thing it won't be. Too many good strikers and dodgy defences in both sides. There will be goals; I just hope we score more of them.

Really? Our top scorer is Djenepo (who sadly won't be playing tonight) with 2 and theirs is Callum Wilson with 3 after that neither team has much in the goals department.

Who are these people who don’t love Friday night football? Finished work and well up for a few beers before game.
Yeah rush hour traffic on a Friday is so much fun. Probably no chance for a beer just about enough time to grab some food if I'm lucky. I much prefer making a day of it on a Saturday to working all day and then rushing to get to the game but each to their own.

Yeah rush hour traffic on a Friday is so much fun. Probably no chance for a beer just about enough time to grab some food if I'm lucky. I much prefer making a day of it on a Saturday to working all day and then rushing to get to the game but each to their own.

Get a better job!

Really can’t work out this Danso thing at all.

Bertrand benched again.

We needed strengthening at centre half...we get one in...and he doesn’t play there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a Bertrand thing, not a Danso thing. Bertrand is out for whatever reason and Danso is deemed the best option.

I think it's a Bertrand thing, not a Danso thing. Bertrand is out for whatever reason and Danso is deemed the best option.

It's pretty weird. Left back is generally not one of those positions where if a player is only 75% fit you still stick him on the bench in case he can make a difference late-on in the game. Nor would you generally use an unfit player to replace an injured one or to shore up the defence if you're holding a lead.

You've got to assume it's highly likely Bertrand will be off in January if Ralph would prefer to handicap his side rather than play him.

Equally its curious to see Valery can't even make the bench now. Is he injured or has he done something to displease ralph

Personally i think its wrong that Yoshida who was excellent at the weekend gets dropped and Vestergaard who was less impressive gets retained.