Che Adams

TopGun

Why do we need height upfront? Do Liverpool and Man City have much height upfront?

Someone with height who can win headers and get knock downs from a long ball forward or clearance is always a good thing. I give you Beattie, Lambert and Pelle in recent times cos I know you like examples :)

Why do we need height upfront? Do Liverpool and Man City have much height upfront?

My view - no doubt you'll disagree - but it gives another dimension in our play,and threat to the attack. I read somewhere that Adams fared better playing alongside Jutkiewicz at Brum. We've been at our most effective with Lambert and Pelle in recent years.

The difficulty is combining height and mobility, otherwise you end up with a carthorse like Carroll.

Take you're point but not sure Liverpool or City are a good comparison. We're not buying at the same level as either of those two who buy the finished product.

Someone with height who can win headers and get knock downs from a long ball forward or clearance is always a good thing. I give you Beattie, Lambert and Pelle in recent times cos I know you like examples :)

It’s not the way Ralph plays

Haha brilliant, technical shortcomings ffs...

Eh, maybe it's just a coincidence, but the number of scuffed/bobbling goals last season does suggest that he doesn't strike the ball particularly well. It's not always a big impediment to a successful striker (Inzaghi never seemed to make a great connection and it never did him any harm) and of course, his first touch and passing could be exquisite, as all I've seen are the goals.

Eh, maybe it's just a coincidence, but the number of scuffed/bobbling goals last season does suggest that he doesn't strike the ball particularly well. It's not always a big impediment to a successful striker (Inzaghi never seemed to make a great connection and it never did him any harm) and of course, his first touch and passing could be exquisite, as all I've seen are the goals.

I’d rather have a scuffed shot than a clean shot, keepers can’t read as easy.

Odd comment btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome saint Che. Can’t wait to see you scuffing goals exactly into the bottom corner of the net week after week for us.

Exactly this, I’d rather a scuffed shot into the bottom corner than perfect strike straight at the goalie.

I read somewhere that Adams fared better playing alongside Jutkiewicz at Brum.

I posted as such several weeks ago. Jutkiewicz did the legwork and had a decent season. Adams on his own in a tougher league is a lot of new ground. I'm with you, a side that cant pass City et al off the park could do with a plan B route 1 option. Adams wont win more headers than Austin, which was **** all. Looking forward to a new option up front though. He's an Austin with a a bit more pace, though not lightening by any means. Hope he shines. Glad to see us looking at the lower leagues. There is talent there.

Edited by Chez

Blues fans think £15m fee is a steal by the way. Not totally unsurprising, but they know a player when they see one (well, the bluenoses I know anyway).

You never know how any signing is going to turn out, but fans of the club the player is leaving being upset is always a good sign.

Blues fans think £15m fee is a steal by the way. Not totally unsurprising, but they know a player when they see one (well, the bluenoses I know anyway).

Sounds like they might have needed the money before 1 July and that's bought the fee down a bit.

Surprised there hasn't really been any rumours of anyone else seriously being in for him to be honest.

Sounds like they might have needed the money before 1 July and that's bought the fee down a bit.

Surprised there hasn't really been any rumours of anyone else seriously being in for him to be honest.

Burnley and Everton were the other two according to Alan Nixon Edited by jamesfp1

Scored 22 goals only 4 assists, yet they only finished 17th! Wow they must have had a shocking defence! As would the other teams. Who's confident that he can make the huge step up to the premier League? I think RH will get him scoring but it's not going to be instant

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Good to see that he's already been written off by a fair few on here!!!!!

Me, I'm looking forward to him, Djenepo and Redmond up front with maybe Ings playing a little deeper as secondary striker.

Why is criticism always taken as 'being written off'? A small number of people are concerned as to how well he strikes a ball and whether he can make the step up. Seems reasonable enough, nobody is saying he will never make it.

Every Brum goal.

Think he will do well in Ralph’s style, excited by this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely some good finishes in there covering the full range, opportunism - being in the right place,cool head, and working chances for himself. Perhaps aideed on occasion by some calamity defending, but give Shane Long the same chance and he probably wouldn't take advantage.

One or two "quality scuffs" as well for the purists, but who gives a sh!t providing it ends up going in.

(Not a convincing penalty taker from that though).

Definitely some good finishes in there covering the full range, opportunism - being in the right place,cool head, and working chances for himself. Perhaps aideed on occasion by some calamity defending, but give Shane Long the same chance and he probably wouldn't take advantage.

One or two "quality scuffs" as well for the purists, but who gives a sh!t providing it ends up going in.

(Not a convincing penalty taker from that though).

It went in didn't it....

Welcome Che. Now you have the opportunity to show us what we've been missing. My Blues supporting mate reckons he's LeTiss with pace.

I'm guessing your mate couldn't have seen much of Le Tissier as, going by those youtube videos, the only similarities I can see with Le Tiss are that he has two arms and legs...

Reminds me of Andre Gray a fair bit. Similar build, height and record in championship.

Andre has a 1 in 4 score record since making the step up

That's not a surprise. A negative slant from you on our latest acquisition.

Hopefully Che will have a better scoring rate than 1 in 4.

This is a Jay Rod style signing, promising young player tearing it up in the league below. Bit of pace and power that we have sorely missed up top for a while also. For me this one feels relatively low risk.

My best mate is a Watford fan and I’ve seen a fair few of their games live. Andre Gray may have similar pace/power but he can’t control a football. Admittedly we need to wait and see if he can make the step up, but I think he will prove to be far better acquisition than Andre Gray.

Really looking forward to seeing our pace on the break with Redderz, Djenepo and Adams. Should be exciting to watch.

I'm guessing your mate couldn't have seen much of Le Tissier as, going by those youtube videos, the only similarities I can see with Le Tiss are that he has two arms and legs...
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk