Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

Good business in theory, but with Tadic leaving he will have to hit the ground running and have a similar impact to what Tadic had at first.

If he is another Boufal who doesn't adapt then we are in trouble.

Why ? Tadic didnt start last season until 35 games in :-)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good business in theory, but with Tadic leaving he will have to hit the ground running and have a similar impact to what Tadic had at first.

If he is another Boufal who doesn't adapt then we are in trouble.

He can't actually do much worse than Tadic has done over the last two years, he's been average at best until like the last 4-5 games of the season.

Why have you jumped to that conclusion? Lemina is a central midfielder, Elyounoussi is a winger/attacking midfielder. They aren't really competing for the same role.

money, obviously. wasn't implying like for like, but money in for money out

Lemina deal must also be agreed for this to happen, methinks. Italy? Liverpool? Spurs?
Are we going to have this sh it from you all summer?

No one is going to be remotely interested in Lemina after one solitary half-arsed season.

Next summer, after a decent full season, maybe. Methinks.

Hopefully we can get this one over the line.

I wonder if he's looked at as BOTH the Tadic replacement AND the speedster forward.

Hoping we're still in the market for another attacking wide-man with pace.

Sims can step up as a regular first team member and I'd be quite happy.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Sims

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that one. With our attacking play being as bad as it has been over the last 2 years, it’s not as if he didn’t have chance to make an impresssion but a succession of managers and coaches preferred the likes of Redmond and Boufal.

Jose Fonte human league song...

Elyounoussi baby

Elyounoussi oh oh oh oh

He was working as a waiter

In his Dad’s pizza shop...

Now he’s a Saint...

Elyounoussi baby

Elyounoussi oh oh oh oh

We hate Pompey (clap clap clap)

In view of his wiki entry, shouldn't it be something to the tune of "I'm in the mood for dancing"?

Very glad with this signing- if he has half the impact of his nearly similar namesake ‘Mohamed’ Salah who also had a spell at Basel- well we’d all be over the moon!

I like these types of signings- we should always try to buy successful players in their respective leagues over a reserve striker of a big team. Give me that striker who knows where the back of the net is and has stats like 50 goals in 60 games even in a weaker league over something like Carrillo

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that one. With our attacking play being as bad as it has been over the last 2 years, it’s not as if he didn’t have chance to make an impresssion but a succession of managers and coaches preferred the likes of Redmond and Boufal.

Yeah, I know. He’s 20 and hasn’t kicked on at all FFS.

I dint exoect him to be a regular starter, but I do expect him to fill the hole left by Boufal (when he eventually leaves), and get more game time.

Yeah, I know. He’s 20 and hasn’t kicked on at all FFS.

I dint exoect him to be a regular starter, but I do expect him to fill the hole left by Boufal (when he eventually leaves), and get more game time.

I don’t care how old he is, the fact is he can’t be relied upon YET in the first team.

What you’re saying is you’re confident we will get enough creativity from Redmond and the unknown Elayoussi to give Sims time to develop.

Elyounoussi baby

Elyounoussi oh oh oh oh

That much is true

Now he’s a Saint, and believe it or not

He's gonna score against you

Elyounoussi baby

Elyounoussi oh oh oh oh

In view of his wiki entry, shouldn't it be something to the tune of "I'm in the mood for dancing"?

We're in the mood Elyounoussi

ELYOUNOUSSI!

's gonna score a goal for us

I don’t care how old he is, the fact is he can’t be relied upon YET in the first team.

What you’re saying is you’re confident we will get enough creativity from Redmond and the unknown Elayoussi to give Sims time to develop.

Yes, I am.

Basically in replacements Redmond is Redmond, Elyounoussi is Tadic and Sims is Boufal. Have you really got a problem with Sims replacing Boufal?

Basically in replacements Redmond is Redmond, Elyounoussi is Tadic and Sims is Boufal. Have you really got a problem with Sims replacing Boufal?

How cam sims replace Boufal when he is already here and in the first team squad?

Because he played next to no minutes last season. Sims replaces Boufal, A.N. Other replaces Sims from the youth team.

It’s just rearranging the deck chairs

Why don’t you just say, sell Boufal and that will be that.

How cam sims replace Boufal when he is already here and in the first team squad?

Its simply shuffling up. I'm not saying this is going to happen here but the process is simple, someone higher up the first team food chain is replaced with someone lower down. This is how in an ideal world it would work, academy player gets into the first team squad and eventually if he continues to develops he becomes part of the first team.

Elyounoussi baby

Elyounoussi oh oh oh oh

Now he’s a Saint...

Elyounoussi baby

Elyounoussi oh oh oh oh

some clever clogs should be able to knock something up using that Macarena song, and blimey just for fun we can have hand movements to go with it...........just what we’ll need on a cold January Saturday afternoon :p

Of our attacking wide/wing options -

Redmond - largely average with odd good moment

Boufal - inconsistent, sulky, seems to have thrown his toys out of the pram but aside 1 good goal not much to show for his time here

Tadic - better than the other two, but not by much, spent most of the last two years being average, missing chances and only really woke up towards the end of the season.

Not sure we can do much worse, doubt Sims would be either given a longer run in the first team, but I suspect Boufal is going and we will be getting two players in this position.

Looks like Elynounoussi is almost done, still rumours of Shaqiri, Promes, Sisto and a few other wingers.

"Moi" has landed in London and is likely to be officially Southampton player tonight. https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/6n7y5Q/lundekvams-raad-til-moi-vaer-ydmyk … share their advice to the most expensive Norwegian footballer: @ttps://t.co/SXlvmAbU92

Google translate does have some classic moments at times like this. The article is basically an interview with Claus who gives his thoughts on whether Moi has what it takes to succeed in England & this stood out for me: "But he has some skills that make him succeed. I'm sure. Supporters will probably take him to the heart because he is very hardworking and immortal."

I wonder if part of our new strategy to get value for money is to sign players who will live forever?