James Ward-Prowse

Roger

If anyone from Saints deserves a call up, it'd be Redmond, but could we see both him and JWP in the next squad? Would be great to get a few more players back around the England team, so long as it doesn't all get to their heads *cough* Lallana *cough*

If anyone from Saints deserves a call up, it'd be Redmond, but could we see both him and JWP in the next squad? Would be great to get a few more players back around the England team, so long as it doesn't all get to their heads *cough* Lallana *cough*
Mixing withplayers from Liverpool, Man U, Spurs etc will be another way to turn their heads

Mixing withplayers from Liverpool, Man U, Spurs etc will be another way to turn their heads

Players will want to join the top 6 regardless of what they hear on international duty. Wages and higher quality football is what attracts them to move, not chats with potential future teammates.

Players will want to join the top 6 regardless of what they hear on international duty. Wages and higher quality football is what attracts them to move, not chats with potential future teammates.
Maybe Ward-Prowse has 20 loyalty and 1 ambition.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

probably, but it is easier to tap them up through a mate ,rather than other channels

Another game, another goal, another good performance, beating one of the worlds best keepers with a free kick too.

All you Saints web people still think he is not even good enough for the Championship? or eating your own words a bit now?

Another game, another goal, another good performance, beating one of the worlds best keepers with a free kick too.

All you Saints web people still think he is not even good enough for the Championship? or eating your own words a bit now?

Its all very well being a wise ass now but the facts speak for themselves.

Poch, Koeman, and the three disasters after them all picked JWP, all gave him significant game time and all ended up benching him eventually. The truth of the matter is Ralph is the only manager who has actually improved him significantly.

He has been turned into a first name on the team sheet kind of player and quite frankly it’s about time he stepped up. Long may it continue

Its all very well being a wise ass now but the facts speak for themselves.

Poch, Koeman, and the three disasters after them all picked JWP, all gave him significant game time and all ended up benching him eventually. The truth of the matter is Ralph is the only manager who has actually improved him significantly.

He has been turned into a first name on the team sheet kind of player and quite frankly it’s about time he stepped up. Long may it continue

he played well under both Poch and Koeman when they was here, so I don't know what you are going on about and under Puel got him self an England call up so obviously played well even though puel was a boring manager.

during MP2 time, although he didn't set the world alight, he was one of are most consistent players and always put in a shift even though he was in and out of games starting one week, dropped the next, he still out performs Redmond who started every game and managed nearly 3 times the mins JWP got during the season, the lack of attacking football played is solely down to the manager, He gets sacked, MH comes in saves us from relegation and does not play him at all, Spends the last 10 or so games not playing, finishes season 2nd top assist, 2nd top goal scorer

this season starts, he starts against City and Everton, puts in good performances during both games with pundits highlighting his performance questioning why he is not starting, comes on for a few last min sub apps, MH gets sacked, Ralph comes in after MH and after JWP only makes a handful of apps under MH time in charge, and here we are 5 goals in 8 league games under Ralph, shooting him self to 2nd top goal scorer for us so far this season in the league, only 2 goals behind are top goal scorer Ings, with another England call up coming his way more than likely too...……..

You sure he was bad? or you blaming JWP for some thing that was ultimately down to the managers in charge at the time and the lack of game time given to him?

I have always said he would be good, if the right manager put the time and effort in to get the best out of him, and here we are.

So yes, I am being wise ass about it.

he played well under both Poch and Koeman when they was here, so I don't know what you are going on about and under Puel got him self an England call up so obviously played well even though puel was a boring manager.

during MP2 time, although he didn't set the world alight, he was one of are most consistent players and always put in a shift even though he was in and out of games starting one week, dropped the next, he still out performs Redmond who started every game and managed nearly 3 times the mins JWP got during the season, the lack of attacking football played is solely down to the manager, He gets sacked, MH comes in saves us from relegation and does not play him at all, Spends the last 10 or so games not playing, finishes season 2nd top assist, 2nd top goal scorer

this season starts, he starts against City and Everton, puts in good performances during both games with pundits highlighting his performance questioning why he is not starting, comes on for a few last min sub apps, MH gets sacked, Ralph comes in after MH and after JWP only makes a handful of apps under MH time in charge, and here we are 5 goals in 8 league games under Ralph, shooting him self to 2nd top goal scorer for us so far this season in the league, only 2 goals behind are top goal scorer Ings, with another England call up coming his way more than likely too...……..

You sure he was bad? or you blaming JWP for some thing that was ultimately down to the managers in charge at the time and the lack of game time given to him?

I have always said he would be good, if the right manager put the time and effort in to get the best out of him, and here we are.

So yes, I am being wise ass about it.

where did I say he was bad? Where am I blaming the player? Are you disputing this is the first manager who has realised his potential and turned it into something worthwhile?

you concede he didn’t set the world alight under Pelligrino but let’s be honest he didn’t set the world alight under the others bar the odd few games, this is the first time he has been consistent over a decent spell if time.’

you can dispute the fact that Poch and Koeman eventually dropped him to the bench all you like but they did, in fact JWP almost became Koeman’s standard first change in his second season here.

The question on my mind is - when Lemina is fully fit again, who gets dropped? JWP was the obvious choice before he hit form, but now it would be hard to drop Hojbjerg, Romeu or JWP. Maybe go 4 at the back to accommodate the extra midfielder? Or would Lemina have to be happy on the bench until someone's form dips?

As for JWP that was a decent free kick yesterday. For someone with such a good technique at set pieces, it's a wonder why he hasn't hit more of them. I'm glad his all round performance has improved under Ralph, IMO we need to keep Ralph safety or not.

where did I say he was bad? Where am I blaming the player? Are you disputing this is the first manager who has realised his potential and turned it into something worthwhile?

you concede he didn’t set the world alight under Pelligrino but let’s be honest he didn’t set the world alight under the others bar the odd few games, this is the first time he has been consistent over a decent spell if time.’

you can dispute the fact that Poch and Koeman eventually dropped him to the bench all you like but they did, in fact JWP almost became Koeman’s standard first change in his second season here.

Obviously did not watch us during that time...…….. he played 2 k mins under poch in his full 1st season at Saints, I would say that is a lot for a 17 year old CM / RM in the top flight of English football, obviously you think 17 year olds should get more than 2 k game time... Name one for me?

Under Koeman he played a total of 3853 mins, hardly bad for a 18 - 19 - 20 year old, also managed 3 goals and 15 assists in this time.. Impressive ****...……..

So you are wrong, for his age he got a lot of game time a head of some really good players we had at the club at that time.

A lot of very negative and niggly saints fans (experts) getting what they deserve... Honestly, when you are turning on our academy players you probably need to let yourself out. Not to mention the fact that a lot of footballing experts rated or even raved about him.

Obviously did not watch us during that time...…….. he played 2 k mins under poch in his full 1st season at Saints, I would say that is a lot for a 17 year old CM / RM in the top flight of English football, obviously you think 17 year olds should get more than 2 k game time... Name one for me?

Under Koeman he played a total of 3853 mins, hardly bad for a 18 - 19 - 20 year old, also managed 3 goals and 15 assists in this time.. Impressive ****...……..

So you are wrong, for his age he got a lot of game time a head of some really good players we had at the club at that time.

are you sure it was 3853 minutes? I had it as 3851...........you need to get out more :lol:

and before you disappear up your own arse with facts and figures will you stop putting words in my mouth and telling me what I think !! I never said he hadn’t gotten a lot of game time and yes pal I did watch us during that time so get back to your facts and figures and let me know before Ralph got hold of him how many successful tackles he made, his many square, safe passes he made and how many of his free kicks were awful ?

Edited by beatlesaint

Really happy for him. He’s often showed glimpses and then regressed a bit but his attitude has always been first class. He’s worked really hard and has taken his chance and at 24 he’s got a lot of time to push on even further from here. Ralph seems to have figured out the right position and role for him that had us scratching our heads in the past about where to put him and what kind of player he should be.

Well done James, keep it up lad!

are you sure it was 3853 minutes? I had it as 3851...........you need to get out more :lol:

Realised you are wrong, so go to insults, Epic. enough reason to block you, Almost as bad as Cabbage face, and I_would from the ugly inside lol

The question on my mind is - when Lemina is fully fit again, who gets dropped? JWP was the obvious choice before he hit form, but now it would be hard to drop Hojbjerg, Romeu or JWP. Maybe go 4 at the back to accommodate the extra midfielder? Or would Lemina have to be happy on the bench until someone's form dips?

Fair question, but the reality is, he hasn't been fit for ages, and won't be match fit for quite some time. I see him featuring from the bench for a while. (assuming he recovers this season).

As for JWP that was a decent free kick yesterday. For someone with such a good technique at set pieces, it's a wonder why he hasn't hit more of them. I'm glad his all round performance has improved under Ralph, IMO we need to keep Ralph safety or not.

I'm guessing confidence.

Alright James ? Keep up the work me old mukka, it’s triffic to see sucha big improvement in your game - bonne de bouche!

As for JWP that was a decent free kick yesterday. For someone with such a good technique at set pieces, it's a wonder why he hasn't hit more of them. .

Opportunities? Even the very best set piece takers will probably only score like 1 from 4 or 5 and how many direct free kick chances has he had? He's not played all season and aside Redmond our team isn't exactly stacked with tricky attackers getting fouled all the time nor do we dominate possession so we are consistently on the attack playing around the opponents box and drawling fouls.

Only 15 direct free kick goals have been scored in the league this year, only two players have scored more than 1 of them this year. We've also actually had two this year, only Arsenal have scored more.

No one scored more than two last year either and only Coutinho has scored 3 in a season in the last 5 years in the Premier League.

JWP has 3 direct free kick goals in the last 4 years, which actually makes him one of the most consistent scorers of direct free kicks amazingly.

Lemina is technically better than all 3 but never think we can rely on him. Think he'd be happier as a squad player at a bigger club and we could invest the wages elsewhere

Actually he wouldnt. Hence why he left a big club as a squad player to join us.

Don't think Lemina gets in this team at the moment, unless his attitude improves massively and he can play for 90 minutes. Good problem to have because he's a good player.

Don't think Lemina gets in this team at the moment, unless his attitude improves massively and he can play for 90 minutes. Good problem to have because he's a good player.

Whats wrong with his attitude? is this common knowledge or are we guessing from facial expressions during games?

This is the Internet ffs. There is no way anyone will acknowledge that they may have been wrong in something they said.

Probably true, but go back just 4 pages, or 2 months and 90 percent of people here were vilifying the guy and saying that he was shyte and we should let him go to Watford, Palace or Burnley or whoever wanted him. ironically, if we stay up, it could be largely due to him.

Whats wrong with his attitude? is this common knowledge or are we guessing from facial expressions during games?

To be fair - we have pretty much nobody who is ITK and therefore everything posted here is just a guess. Let's face it Bertrand got dogs abuse purely because of his facial expression which is interpreted as he doesn't give a toss. It's a guess.

Its amazing what managers do for a player...Hughes didn't rate JWP and left him out, not even on the bench sometimes: Ralph comes in and says publicly that JWP is key to our team, praises his technique and knows how to use him--and he is becoming Player of the Season and scoring the goals the strikers aren't scoring. Well done Ralph for discivering talent which was wasted

Its amazing what managers do for a player...Hughes didn't rate JWP and left him out, not even on the bench sometimes: Ralph comes in and says publicly that JWP is key to our team, praises his technique and knows how to use him--and he is becoming Player of the Season and scoring the goals the strikers aren't scoring. Well done Ralph for discivering talent which was wasted

I think what you are saying... Is that a lot of saintsweb members have the talent recognition skills of mark Hughes? :lol:

It's clearly been a few years of hard work to get himself to the place he is now physically, not just since RH came in. He's bulked up and become more dynamic. This was actually in evidence during the Puel season, where people forget he was playing really well for the most part, and he was showing he could compete in CM.

I've always liked the idea of playing him in there, because he has such a good range of passing that it helps us break out of our own half and get on the attack. That's why the double sub worked so beautifully yesterday: pace to get in behind, and someone in CM more able to quickly get the ball wide to Bertrand and Valery as they bombed forward. Always defended JWP on the basis of his technical ability (too easily out of favour for someone who 'gets their foot in' IMO) but even I was wondering if it wouldn't end up happening for him here just 4 months ago. Delighted he's found a manager to who gets it and suddenly those FKs start dipping inside rather than agonisingly wide of the post, as seemed to happen for ages.

I think what you are saying... Is that a lot of saintsweb members have the talent recognition skills of mark Hughes? :lol:

You can interpret it that way if you like, this web is not noted for encouraging our own, I will never forget the abuse Mane got here, but my point was about managers, they seem to be able to make or break players---look at Man U under Ole compared with Jose. I'm just thankful we've got Ralph H. JWP is not the only improved player, why was Bednarek hidden away under Hughes?

good tbh. need our best players for the run in working with Ralph over the break and not the England set up.

Hopefully also means JWP/Redmond can remain focused on doing even better to try and get into the set up, if it isn't to be this time round.

some questionable decisions with the squad, but tbh should be more than enough for games against Czech Republic and Montenegro.

No Saints in the England squad.

(Jack Butland over Gunn?)

Perhaps a bit early for Gunn to force his way in, but Ward-Prowse can feel hard done by there. He's been in awesome form and the amount of running he puts in seems to fill a gap that England have. Thought he was more or less certain to be in the squad to be honest.

Exactly that and this is why Saints players have to leave if you want to play for the national team.

Not really No. Over the past few years we have had the below all called up:

Forster

McCarthy

Shaw

Clyne

Bertrand

Lambert

Lallana

JWP

Redmond

The truth is more like they leave after they've been called up.

Not really No. Over the past few years we have had the below all called up:

Forster

McCarthy

Shaw

Clyne

Bertrand

Lambert

Lallana

JWP

Redmond

The truth is more like they leave after they've been called up.

How does Delph, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek and Henderson get in when they don’t even feature that much for their EPL team?

Thought Southgate was doing okay but that England squad is crazy.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Interest in JWP - Signs new 5 year contract
  • Lighthouse changed the title to James Ward-Prowse
  • Lighthouse locked this topic
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic