Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

1. Hasenhuttl's first impressions of Saints:

“It was an easy decision for me.

“It’s a pleasure for me to sit here and I am very proud that the club decided to go for me.

“It’s a big challenge for me but it’s a logical step for me in my career.

“I had very good meetings with Ralph Krueger and it was relatively clear that I could help the club in this moment.”

2. Being approached to replace Mark Hughes:

“It was a very quick decision.

“You never know what happens as a manager when you are on holiday.

“I knew a Premier League club would force me more than any other Bundesliga club.

“My kind of football sits well with this league. It’s a very intense way.”

3. His ambitions for Saints:

“The first target is to get out of the relegation battle as quickly as we can.

“We can’t be frightened about it.

“We have a lot of games and my methods of play need a lot of training sessions and we only have one session before Saturday.

“It’s about stabilising the defence very quickly as it has been too easy to score against us.”

4. Being nicknamed 'Klopp of the Alps':

“I don’t like it so much.

“I want to be my own manager. I know Jurgen Klopp very well and I was laughing at his explaining of my name. His German is perhaps not as good as his English anymore.

“We were sitting in the football school together and got our coaching licenses together. I was always a fan of his football and he set marks in Germany that influenced my style.”

5. The fans:

“I need everyone to be with us.

“I saw the crowd yesterday and I have never seen support like it when the team was 3-1 down.

“They will have to accept another style of football and I know it’s a results game.

“We have a lot of games and my methods of play need a lot of training sessions and we only have one session before Saturday.

“We can’t be frightened about it.”

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17281021.southampton-manager-ralph-hasenhuttl-has-spoken-to-the-media/?ref=mac

honestly i haven't been this excited in a long long time, more excited than when Poch and Koeman came in recent years!

speaking everything that we have all wanted to hear

'if a player can not go past the limit i want we will fall out'

Seems he’s knows the problems we have straightaway.

Very astute,concise in his vision of what he wants.

I think a few of the current squad will be ‘found out’ and very quickly out the door.

He’s going to be a very tough taskmaster.

Good sense of humour,i think not only our fans but others will warm to him.

He reminds me of a young Wenger and a Klopp combined.

I think the club has enticed a very classy and well respected manager to join us.

He will be off as soon as a big club comes in though.

We are the perfect stepping stone for him.

I see some big changes coming both on the pitch and off it.

So let’s see what we make of ‘rabbit hutch’.... I’m excited about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m already sold on this guy. Great interview.

The players are going to be working their ****** off and anyone who doesn’t can wave goodbye.

Will focus on the defence and everyone will know their role and tactics.

Youth will be given a chance.

Likely to see new arrivals in Jan and probably departures too.

Fantastic first impression. The key bits I took:

1. Its his way or you are out. And he specifically mentioned hard work and running. Music to the ears of fans and it appears clear which players that won't suit - and he will just marginalise them

2. He has already targetted a defensive improvement will be the key to getting out of trouble, but will be interesting to see how he goes about that. Sounded like he has spotted things from the Spurs game to work on

3. He is a very engaging character, who will be well liked in the media in England and if he does well, will get touted for bigger PL jobs before too long.

Crikey, the guy is intelligent, focused, articulate and charmingly modest. After the tedium of a Hughes or Puel press conference listening to our Ralph is like manna from heaven. His frankness and openness will endure him to everyone. You'd have to be one miserable git not to like why we've heard so far.

Who will be the first player to say "I don't fancy this, too much running" and Ralph's messages him, Run Rabbit Run! Charlie will soon slim down to weight and Ward Prowse's legs will be three inches shorter by January.

"The squad is too big"... this man sees it and talks it as it is, no hiding now Ralph K

Players gonna get ruined fitness wise.

Only ones standing at end

Long, Lemina, Hojberg. Austin won’t last under this new guy unless he bucks up his ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, suspect Charlie's hammy was tightening throughout that press conference...

Reminds me of Koeman with the authority and stature he gives off when speaking. Really enjoyed listening to his interview and that’s the first time I’ve said that in 3 years.

His style appears to be a hybrid of Poch’s high intensity, hard working, pressing and Koemans direct, fast build up.

A real shame he didn’t come in 3 season ago instead of Puel and he has a massive job turning these unfit, lazy, unconfident bunch around but I’m arguably the most excited I’ve been as a saints fan since I can remember

Reminds me of Koeman with the authority and stature he gives off when speaking. Really enjoyed listening to his interview and that’s the first time I’ve said that in 3 years.

His style appears to be a hybrid of Poch’s high intensity, hard working, pressing and Koemans direct, fast build up.

A real shame he didn’t come in 3 season ago instead of Puel and he has a massive job turning these unfit, lazy, unconfident bunch around but I’m arguably the most excited I’ve been as a saints fan since I can remember

Very true I might get interested again

Agree that he comes across very well. Dealing with press is an important part of a managers job in modern times. It immediately gives the club a better profile.

I noticed, even yesterday, that we got better coverage from the likes of Phil Thompson on Sky and Murphy/Keown on BBC.

I think this man will help us just by being convivial, speaking good(but not perfect) english and smiling.

I like the look of him.

He made an interesting point about how his approach requires serious time on the training field to instill, and how we have a lot of games over Christmas, so not so much time to spend training.

So it will be interesting to see how quickly and in what areas he changes the team in the short term. Will it be more evolution or revolution in approach to games?

Poch made some seemingly major changes quite quickly..... I wonder if it is possible for him to do the same?

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

There’s some ruthlessness there . He said something along along the lines of if the players don’t adapt they will go.

Yeah, I saw that quote in a report in the Echo:

“I don’t know where the limits and if they like to go this way with us they are invited to and when they follow us it will be an intensive, hard working way.

“When they their push their limits we see where they get.

“If someone says it is it too much running or work for me they will fall very quick beside us. That’s how I want to work at January and that’s when we look.

Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17281200.ralph-hasenhuttl-thinks-his-southampton-squad-is-too-big/

There’s some ruthlessness there . He said something along along the lines of if the players don’t adapt they will go.
I definitely like that as a principle to set to the players on day 1. In reality, it will be very interesting to see how that plays out. It is often easier to say you want players out than to make it happen in the modern world, eg Forster. He's going to need strong backing from the board to make things happen the way he wants to in January.

But really excited by what he is saying. People just might need to be realistic about how quickly he can solve some of our issues!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk