New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Whatever happens I'm sure the board will get it right. Every managerial appointment has been a success.

They have definitely identified well what was needed each time so sure they will do so again.

The type of Manager and strengths/attributes has been quite different in each appointment due to the need at the time so will be interesting to see what they most value this time around.

Judging by those comments and his problems with the likes of Ashton and Samuel I'd be surprised if he wanted to come back.

At a smallish club it definitely helps if the Manager is liked by the media.

Shouldn't be so, but it is.

The type of stick AVB would get, the likes of De Boer would not. Thats why Koeman was a great appointment because he stemmed the flow of negativity and was/is well respected by the media.

The type of stick AVB would get, the likes of De Boer would not. Thats why Koeman was a great appointment because he stemmed the flow of negativity and was/is well respected by the media.

Yeah, I agree. The sports press that don't like him will have the knives out straight away. Still, if the club have him as a possible candidate they must have good reason.

Sam Wallace - chief football writer for the Telegraph - with an update: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/04/ronald-koeman-agrees-to-become-everton-manager-as-southampton-tu/

- Koeman has agreed to go to Everton

- Saints weren't prepare to get into a bidding war after hearing what Koeman was offered

- Saints deny that Les Reed and Ronald Koeman had a rocky relationship

- The club are now looking at Unai Emery and Eddie Howe as two leading candidates, among others

Emery would be a great appointment and would surely settle some of the nerves after Koeman goes. I fear he might be out of our reach though.

Howe is meant to have a lot of control over things at Bournemouth and a strong link with them due to his playing career. Could be a risk if he doesn't like Les and Ross Wilson trying to direct things on the transfer front.

Edited by Bewildered

Sam Wallace - chief football writer for the Telegraph - with an update: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/04/ronald-koeman-agrees-to-become-everton-manager-as-southampton-tu/

- Koeman has agreed to go to Everton

- Saints weren't prepare to get into a bidding war after hearing what Koeman was offered

- Saints deny that Les Reed and Ronald Koeman had a rocky relationship

- The club are now looking at Unai Emery and Eddie Howe as two leading candidates, among others

be hilarious if we got Emery. Everton fans would be livid

Fair play if Emery is interested. The PL must be a big draw even outside of the big sides given he has some great achivements with a good team in Spain.

Wallace himself must have rued the timing of the other article!

Emery is also used to succeeding at a club where the best 2 or 3 players move on every summer.

Emery is also used to succeeding at a club where the best 2 or 3 players move on every summer.

Yes, would be a good fit.

This says he is in talks with PSG:

http://goo.gl/gDKBmG

He may fancy a PL move and maybe would need a club before one of the top jobs but if we think Koeman to Everton is a step down or sideways then Emery to Saints would easily be as strange if not more I think.

Here's hoping but equally believe Howe could do well here. Ironically he might be harder to persuade.

Have you seen Chile play?That style will suit the players we have really well.He's another Bielsa coach but a bit younger than Bielsa himself.He would be 'cheap' as well,which will suit the model we have currently.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

So he hasn't got a single second of experience over his days at a medium sized South American side, and just fits the 'Biesla' profile

Well, while we wait to see what happens...

God, he'd be f****** brilliant!!!! Looks so hands on, inspirational and passionate. Thanks for posting :)

Can't see why he'd come here though, bigger fish to fry surely :(

God, he'd be f****** brilliant!!!! Looks so hands on, inspirational and passionate. Thanks for posting :)

Can't see why he'd come here though, bigger fish to fry surely :(

You would think that, but just take a step back for a second.

There aren't any other jobs in the PL. He has come out publicly (can't find the quotes at the mo) saying he would love to manage in England one day. He was on West Ham's list last year, I think they interviewed him, and I think he is genuinely interested in managing over here.

Think about it from a managers point of view. You could be coming to a league with the likes of Pep, Jose, Conte, Wenger and co all to go up against, any manager would love to test themselves at this level. With ourselves being such a stable club, financially sound and European football next year, I think you'd be surprised at how many 'named' European names would be interested in this role. It really is a great job for someone.

There aren't any other jobs in the PL. He has come out publicly (can't find the quotes at the mo) saying he would love to manage in England one day. He was on West Ham's list last year, I think they interviewed him, and I think he is genuinely interested in managing over here.

Think about it from a managers point of view. You could be coming to a league with the likes of Pep, Jose, Conte, Wenger and co all to go up against, any manager would love to test themselves at this level. With ourselves being such a stable club, financially sound and European football next year, I think you'd be surprised at how many 'named' European names would be interested in this role. It really is a great job for someone.

isn't he being linked with PSG though?

Eddie Howe looks to have a great future and although it's not important, it would be nice to have a real English speaker in the manager's chair. Think he'd be fine and could provide some stability in years to come, but have to agree that Emery is the stronger candidate of the two with his Europa experience. Both of them have flair, enthusiasm and an energy about them, which isn't something Koeman has ever brought to the job.

Everything you say makes sense, but why not go to Everton then with all the money they have? Plus there is PSG interest............

Would be bloomin' brilliant though! :nod:

Everything you say makes sense, but why not go to Everton then with all the money they have? Plus there is PSG interest............

I think Koeman has been Everton's no.1 choice to be honest. PSG interest would pip anyone though if that happens.

I can't imagine someone who has managed a club to the EL for 3 years will go to a club not in any sort of European competition if he decides to move.

emery isn't big enough for englands 4th most successful club :lol:

Why would AVB get stick? The media loves a redemption story and if he does well here they've got one.

I'm saying it and I'm saying it now. AVB is our Ranieri.

I think Koeman has been Everton's no.1 choice to be honest. PSG interest would pip anyone though if that happens.

I can't imagine someone who has managed a club to the EL for 3 years will go to a club not in any sort of European competition if he decides to move.

Well I will try to be optimistic without feeling deluded then ;)

Why would AVB get stick? The media loves a redemption story and if he does well here they've got one.

I'm saying it and I'm saying it now. AVB is our Ranieri.

yep, a few years wiser and would not have the dressing room problems he had at Chelsea

'Why don't you come on over, Emery...!?'

I'll see myself out.

What about, to the tune of Ebony and Ivory -

"Emery and St Mary's, go together in perfect - harmonyyy"

Don't shut the door, I'm following you out..........

Came on here expecting the usual total meltdown.

Apart from Art and Alpine ( I knew he'd be on), the responses to this thread are humorous and display a much greater understanding of how we operate. Good to see the discussions, good to see everyone shrugging their shoulders as another money grabbing liar leaves to the land of theft and handouts.

If we are going British, then Gary Neville, but I hope it is Emery.

What about, to the tune of Ebony and Ivory -

"Emery and St Mary's, go together in perfect - harmonyyy"

Don't shut the door, I'm following you out..........

You just know it will be

Emery's red and white army

*clap clap clap clap*

Repeat to fade