Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

• 3 months later...

If Mario put in a regular shift on the pitch the way his agent does off it then maybe he will get his move to a(nother) big club one day.

Last summer his agent did a good enough job to convince various forum dinlows that he was in demand from (and heading to) Europe's elite clubs despite a season of doing pretty much eff all of note. No surprise to anyone sensible when he went absolutely nowhere of course.

I can't see us being under any particular risk of him going this window but come next summer who knows if he fulfils his potential under our Ralph. If we more than double our money, great.

Seriously, why?

Lemina is our best player; and for most of this season has shown himself to be up there with the best box-to-box midfielders. If Carillo was worth 20 million to us, a player like Lemina is easily worth 30. I hope we keep him - Lemina, Hoj and Romeu at his best are an impressive midfield

If Mario put in a regular shift on the pitch the way his agent does off it then maybe he will get his move to a(nother) big club one day.

Last summer his agent did a good enough job to convince various forum dinlows that he was in demand from (and heading to) Europe's elite clubs despite a season of doing pretty much eff all of note. No surprise to anyone sensible when he went absolutely nowhere of course.

I can't see us being under any particular risk of him going this window but come next summer who knows if he fulfils his potential under our Ralph. If we more than double our money, great.

Ooh, you're such a sage. Full of wisdom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemina is our best player; and for most of this season has shown himself to be up there with the best box-to-box midfielders. If Carillo was worth 20 million to us, a player like Lemina is easily worth 30. I hope we keep him - Lemina, Hoj and Romeu at his best are an impressive midfield

£20m may be the going rate for a desperation buy by an English side with cash to burn (VVD) in the January window; but £30m goes a lot further on the continent.

Lemina is good but not that good. He may be linked with big clubs but so are many others who are there to fill column inches.

So Lets get this straight. Until two weeks ago, we had won one game all season, and all our players put together weren't going to fetch £30m. Now we have one a game and Lemina and McCarthy are suddenly leaving for a fortune in transfer fees.

I don't doubt Lemina is a decent player when he tries, but I don't think he has done anything to warrant a move to PSG!!

So Lets get this straight. Until two weeks ago, we had won one game all season, and all our players put together weren't going to fetch £30m. Now we have one a game and Lemina and McCarthy are suddenly leaving for a fortune in transfer fees.

I don't doubt Lemina is a decent player when he tries, but I don't think he has done anything to warrant a move to PSG!!

They did sign Choupo-Moting!

Oh ****...

Lem-me go Southampton star Mario Lemina part of PSG five-man shortlist to replace Adrien Rabiot

Saints midfielder could be on his way to Ligue 1 with the Parisien giants set to launch an audacious £30million bid

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8019335/southampton-lemina-psg-transfer-rabiot/

Rabiot doesn't play a lot in important games. Don't know why they'd need to replace him. Think you can put this one down as paper bolloaks.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Lemina will become one of those “what if..” players. He has all the ability, just a huge lack of application.

He (like many others) is only here to get a move to a bigger club. The problem he has is that he thinks he doesn’t have to try to get it.

He rates himself very highly. Constantly posting video clips of himself as if he’s trying to market himself to bigger clubs. He won’t be here long either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure why he gets labelled as not trying, i’d imagine he probably covers the most ground in most of our games. He’s by far our best player. The above comment about Hojbjerg contributing more to wins, well he also contributes heavily to many losses by giving the ball away to the opposition. Mario is a class above imo, and £30mil is way below his value in this market.

Not really sure why he gets labelled as not trying, i’d imagine he probably covers the most ground in most of our games. He’s by far our best player. The above comment about Hojbjerg contributing more to wins, well he also contributes heavily to many losses by giving the ball away to the opposition. Mario is a class above imo, and £30mil is way below his value in this market.

Same reason Guly, Waigo, Puncheon, Jermaine Wright etc. were labelled "lazy", I expect.

Was Jermaine Wright black?! I was quite young when he was in his prime killing it for us but never realised that! Mane was bloody lazy too, apparently.

Well, he's called Jermaine FFS! He's black or French, and he's not French.

Yeah, good point. I forgot about Mane being "lazy"!

Was Jermaine Wright black?! I was quite young when he was in his prime killing it for us but never realised that! Mane was bloody lazy too, apparently.

The words prime and killing it were never things i associated with Jermaine Wright...

Seems Ralph won't be letting him go any time soon. Big player for Southampton. Let's face it right now what Ralph wants Ralph will get. He was less supportive of Manolo at his presser.

Yep, he was pretty adamant that he wants to keep Mario. Called him one of his best players. Gabbi he glazed over with a general "we'll see what happens with a number of players moving forward" comment.

He's all fart and no **** imo, hasn't really protected the defence or helped supply the attacking players this season imo. All this "he's our best player" stuff is a long way off .

his ability to take on and go past players in the midfield with body swerves, pirouettes and clever tricks opens up space for him to run into and commit other players who would normally mark redmond, ings etc.

he is constantly looking to go forward so is the perfect player to play the same role that Naby Keita had at Red Bull

• 2 weeks later...

After (especially) today and WHU games, I am very disillusioned with the player. Not that he has been great at other times. Players who think that they are better than they actually are, usually step up to the plate when the big teams role into town. But today, he was utter garbage and looked as if he couldn't be arsed. We've had plenty of players over the past who have tried and still been average, but a player who undoubtedly has the ability but can't be bothered is the worst kind to have. Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe not, but that is how I see him. Frankly on today's (lack of) effort, I would be happy to sell him on and never see him in a Saints shirt again, rather an academy player who actually wants it to take his place.

I so badly want to see players like him (and Boufal) to step up and show us what they are made of. I am a bit divided now. Wanting to get shot of him but realising we need him with Hoj out for a while. If only he applied himself and made as much impact as Hoj, then the two of them together would be a really strong partnership.

https://www.skysports.com/football/soton-vs-man-city/390954

Lemina, 24 touches, 29 passes made- 91% pass accuracy

Romeu, 37 touches, 25 passes made- 76% passing accuracy

PEH, 45 touches, 29 passes made- but 69% passing accuracy

not inferring anything from these statistics, it is right he was not involved as much but the talent is there. ofc these stats don't paint half a picture as we have no contexts of the passes Lemina, Romeu or PEH made

Edited by nta786

His confidence was shot today. You could see him hesitate almost every time he was on the ball, including when he had the chance to slide someone in (I forget who). Real shame.

Is his confidence shot, or can't he really be bothered to apply himself? I really hope that it is the former, as that can be worked on. He has great ability in himself. There are flashes of greatness, where he is the boss. But they are all too fleeting.

not inferring anything from these statistics, it is right he was not involved as much but the talent is there. ofc these stats don't paint half a picture as we have no contexts of the passes Lemina, Romeu or PEH made

that page says Lemina made only 11 passes, don't know if you didn't read it properly, but just saying.

Please excuse my ignorance here but how is it even possible for a player to make 29 passes while only managing 24 touches?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice