Mouez Hassen - LOAN DEAL CONFIRMED

rickylambert

Intresting signing.

As it's a loan it's pretty low risk I would say.

Probably cover for the injured McCarthy (god help us if we have to start Lewis in the PL or even worse the final) and if he impresses I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Gazza

Good move. Puel has little confidence in Taylor and Lewis doesn't look ready yet. We needed to sort out the reserve keeper situation and hopefully this lad will impress if called upon.

This.

Taylor is a curious one, but he is on a 1 year deal. Guess it was an insurance policy that hasn't met expectations.

I would have said Taylor was a moment of desperation mistake but he sits on the bench for league games so is only one pulled muscle away from being called into action!

I certainly won't complain about a loan goalkeeper seems like a sensible option if McCarthy is out for the season.

this signing says a lot about how Puel views Dave Watson as a goalkeeping coach in my opinion.

He goes for a player he knows from france rather than a goalie recommended by Dave in UK.

How do you know that Watson recommended anyone? Or that they were available? Or do you mean Taylor?

Look at Taylor's career record on Wikipaedia. He is 35 or something but has hardly played for all the clubs he has joined. Always a bench warmer. Very sad in some ways. Guess we as paying him absolute peanuts compared to Theresa of the squad, but if we don't plan to play him ever, what's the point.

Look at Taylor's career record on Wikipaedia. He is 35 or something but has hardly played for all the clubs he has joined. Always a bench warmer. Very sad in some ways. Guess we as paying him absolute peanuts compared to Theresa of the squad, but if we don't plan to play him ever, what's the point.

Theresa is one lucky lady!

Seager has scored, first goal from open play since he's been back I believe. Only penalties before that

Video of goal here:

Blimey... A Saints centre forward who was in the right place at the right time and scored a decent poacher's goal. The first team beckons... ? :)

Hassen starts for the U23s tonight as part of a fairly strong XI

Hassen, Valery, Gardos, Martina ©, McQueen, Reed, Jones, O'connor, Olomola, Sims, Seager

How did he get on? Too soon for Sunderland but hopefully gets Fraser looking over his shoulder and fitter as well- lame effort with WHU's second goal.