Hasenhuttl ...can we criticise him yet...

saint lard

Its your next move as you complain every week about him..

Personally I think the standard of the players we have is the real issue and has been for a long time now. The **** that Reed left us with is going to take a few more windows to change.

However if we woke up the next day to a statement saying Ralph had been sacked would any of us really be that surprised? His results haven't exactly been amazing have they? 2 wins from the last 12 PL games.

I don’t understand how you can pick a right back, he gets injured in the warm up but there’s a right back on the bench......but the manager doesn’t pick him and reshuffles the whole defence? What are you doing Ralph? Surely the training this week focused on defending with a back four....then it’s changed 15 mins before kick off? It’s puzzling to say the least !

I think Ralph has been dealt a poor hand and clearly wasn't able to do all of the business he would have liked in the transfer window. Problems in defence and midfield have not been addressed. He is a strong and capable manager. I really do think he is a good appointment. Far better than the previous two incumbents. However, I had hoped for better this season and, sometimes his selections a substitutions have really puzzled me. What does he have against full backs?

Ralph has had a bad few this season but I can’t imagine he’s helped out by a poor selection of coaches in Kelvin Davies, Craig Fleming and Dave Watson around him, and also a fitness coach who doesn’t seem to have made a positive difference.

Giving jobs to the boys is fine unless they are not good enough.

Ralph is clearly missing Rohl, the others are not good enough to make the step up and Ross Wilson needs to make a change to correct this, if only to make up for his key role in the bad transfers over the last few years.

Ralph has had a bad few this season but I can’t imagine he’s helped out by a poor selection of coaches in Kelvin Davies, Craig Fleming and Dave Watson around him, and also a fitness coach who doesn’t seem to have made a positive difference.

Giving jobs to the boys is fine unless they are not good enough.

Ralph is clearly missing Rohl, the others are not good enough to make the step up and Ross Wilson needs to make a change to correct this, if only to make up for his key role in some bad transfers over the last few years that have cost far too much money and didn’t give Ralph the opportunity to ask for more quality.

Naaah I'd rather sit here trolling, pointing out anything negative that I can find, great fun. Ralf out.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

We should get in Big Sam eh. Lump it forward to the big man

Will you be happy then?

Why don't you just support the manager and stop rating him game by game

Bigger picture buddy. Get some perspective

We should get in Big Sam eh. Lump it forward to the big man

Will you be happy then?

Why don't you just support the manager and stop rating him game by game

Bigger picture buddy. Get some perspective

Good idea, I'm liking your thinking. Get Big Sam in, safety guaranteed. Ralf out.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Get behind the team and manager ffs

Been doing that for the last 3 seasons - but when you have some players who earn in a week to kick a bag of wind about what I have to word my bloody nuts off to earn in a year and seemingly only capable of doing that once in a while - then a manager who makes strange selections - the effort to continue doing so with the same level of enthusiasm wears a bit bloody thin.

I listened on Solent as I was unable to get a stream, blimey Dave and Adam sounded as exasperated as the comments in the match thread the longer the second half wore on!!!

Matters little.

Ralph will probably be gone by the summer, before his reputation is tarnished further. I don’t think he looks particularly happy anyway

Under Gao, we will go down soon enough so hope we can clear the decks before that

Edited by Batman

Because the games will rapidly run out while he puts square pegs in round holes costing us chances of points, at the end of the season 1 single point could be huge

here here well said ...stop making stupid team placements and do the job properly and not trying to be cleaver for the crack of it.

I have been watching this situation and reserving judgement but it is clear to me that something is running deeper here. My thoughts changed at the fans forum, Ralph looked happy and was clear when he said there would be more signings and the inference was in defence ... only Danso came. I dont blame the current management for this as it was clear that Hoedt, Carrilo, Cedric, Forster, Austin, Boufal, Classie were surplus and then Targett, McArthy, Long and I'd go as far as saying Bertrand were all surplus but the club just couldn't ship them out and got desperate by giving targett and classie away. As the season started and Ralph's right hand man disappeared I watched a manager whose body language looked poor, even his press conferences have lost the energy we loved and all of a sudden it feels forced. The interaction with the crowd feels forced ... the build up to the pompey game he seemed dismissive of the rivalry and the selections in recent weeks smell of a manager at odds with the squad. It's no coincidence that Austin and Hoedt have made noise and now Cedric appears to have gone AWOL. It is clear to me that now is the time for the club and fans to stand by Ralph and long term we will be stronger but make no bones .. it's clear there is trouble in the camp.

"The Saints boss is particularly disappointed with his subs who he said made his team "weaker" in the final 20 minutes of the game."

Should've brought at least one on 20 minutes earlier, not when they have little time to make any impact.

Have to agree, and what was the point in brining Long on with 3 minutes to go?

"The Saints boss is particularly disappointed with his subs who he said made his team "weaker" in the final 20 minutes of the game."

Should've brought at least one on 20 minutes earlier, not when they have little time to make any impact.

On the other hand the state of our subs bench yesterday was hardly inspiring.

The only real sub that needed making was Valery for Vest. The other attacking options were worse than those on the pitch the likes of Long and Obefemi don't really turn games in your favour.

My biggest criticism is having lost Cedric under mysterious circumstances before the game he added vest to the line up instead of Valery.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I’m slightly torn. I still think he’s the best manager we’ve had since Koeman, and a team in our position couldn’t really hope for much better. We’ve also had a really rough start, Liverpool, United, Spurs and now Chelsea in our opening 8 games.

Then again, he seems to regularly fall out with players and some of his recent tactical/positional ideas are questionable at best.

I’m still very much a fan at the moment though.

I have been watching this situation and reserving judgement but it is clear to me that something is running deeper here. My thoughts changed at the fans forum, Ralph looked happy and was clear when he said there would be more signings and the inference was in defence ... only Danso came. I dont blame the current management for this as it was clear that Hoedt, Carrilo, Cedric, Forster, Austin, Boufal, Classie were surplus and then Targett, McArthy, Long and I'd go as far as saying Bertrand were all surplus but the club just couldn't ship them out and got desperate by giving targett and classie away. As the season started and Ralph's right hand man disappeared I watched a manager whose body language looked poor, even his press conferences have lost the energy we loved and all of a sudden it feels forced. The interaction with the crowd feels forced ... the build up to the pompey game he seemed dismissive of the rivalry and the selections in recent weeks smell of a manager at odds with the squad. It's no coincidence that Austin and Hoedt have made noise and now Cedric appears to have gone AWOL. It is clear to me that now is the time for the club and fans to stand by Ralph and long term we will be stronger but make no bones .. it's clear there is trouble in the camp.

I think that’s a really good assessment Nick.

I agree the squad isn’t the squad he expected to have this year, and is now stuck in the same scenario as last year of survival.

This has to be the strange reason for some of the selections and some of the drops. He clearly has some players he is forcing to play because he has few options. Yoshida’s comment on pressing struck a chord with what Strachan used to say, which was when you haven’t got the most talented group they have to work harder to be fitter and for their skills to last longer.

I do believe we are still stuck in the bad recruitment loop, dealing with bad buys and this is combined with the inevitable shrinking financial pool of self funding from ops.

Personally I think the standard of the players we have is the real issue and has been for a long time now. The **** that Reed left us with is going to take a few more windows to change.

However if we woke up the next day to a statement saying Ralph had been sacked would any of us really be that surprised? His results haven't exactly been amazing have they? 2 wins from the last 12 PL games.

Lack of quality definitely our main issue but there's no doubt that Ralph is exacerbating that problem with odd and consistently inconsistent selections in defence, and for that he does deserve to be questioned. It also appears that there might be an ego issue with him, he took no blame for Bournemouth last week - no hint of accepting that his bizarre starting line up might have contributed to or even caused the defeat - and in his brief MOTD interview after Spurs he was critical of the players for not being able to break a 10 man team down. Well he's supposed to manage the game so they do that and let's face it there wasn't a lot of invention from him on that front.

It’s amazing how he can get so caught up in tactical tweaks to shape before the kick off but then sit on his hands for 79 minutes while we lose to 10 men.

Summed up perfectly, I find his very late substitutions baffling.

I like RH, so much better than the dross of the past few years, but I'm starting to assume that it was RH and Rohl together as a package that sorted us out and now we've lost 50% of that :(

Matters little.

Ralph will probably be gone by the summer, before his reputation is tarnished further. I don’t think he looks particularly happy anyway

Under Gao, we will go down soon enough so hope we can clear the decks before that

Not gone by Christmas then? Unusually optimistic for you!

I like RH, so much better than the dross of the past few years, but I'm starting to assume that it was RH and Rohl together as a package that sorted us out and now we've lost 50% of that :(

Rohl was not with Ralph at Ingelstat and the previous club he was before.

They only met at Leipzig so your argument goes out of the window.

Rohl was not with Ralph at Ingelstat and the previous club he was before.

They only met at Leipzig so your argument goes out of the window.

That is not what was said. The point was it was both of them who sorted us out. Where each of them came from previously is irrelevant

Edited by Batman

That is not what was said. The point was it was both of them who sorted us out...

Absolutely.

It really looks like Rohl was a "force multiplier"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_multiplication

... to RH, and there's no reason why this can't happen again, but hopefully it won't take to long (Edit: And by that I mean RH gets a team around him that brings this back to him and Saints).

I think we all “fell in love with Ralph” at first. He was like a breath of fresh air with his confident no nonsense manner but something ain’t right this season. I can only think the rumoured bust up he had with Rohl has effected him in some way. They fell out about a month before the departure was officially announced so maybe Ralph was hoping for a rapprochement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To lose Ralph would be suicide. He is clearly a brilliant manager who is edging his bets a little with good will. He needs our support more than ever and given time, albeit probably 2 years while we continue to shift dross, will come spectacularly good I have no doubt

I applaud your loyalty, but it in what way is he brilliant