Leicester 1-2 Southampton - Reaction

Wes Tender

Never seen a top billed game on MOTD have less discussion after than that one. Must have been 2 minutes at most. Usually they go on for 7 or 8 minutes with in depth analysis.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

And nothing more than a passing look at the supposed VAR offside for Long, which looked dubious to me. All their three were clear as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up all night to see in the birth of my first child and the mighty red and white bag 3pts. What a day.

Wonderful. Congratulations to you and your family. Exciting times ahead for you.

If my wife knew I had been posting on Saintsweb within a couple of hours of our daughter being born it would have been an instant divorce!

Enjoy fatherhood while you can.

Up all night to see in the birth of my first child and the mighty red and white bag 3pts. What a day.

Many congratulations to you both. The old cliche that they grow up so quickly is true. Savour every moment!

What a result. What an amazing turn around. Everyone at the club deserves credit, especially Gao and the board for not sacking Ralph when many other clubs would have done. There is still a long way to go but we are now where I think most of us thought we would be last summer so job’s a good ‘un. Wow.

In 2015/16 when we last qualified for Europe we had 28 points from 22 games. Tonight we have 28 from 22 games.

We ended the season on 63 points. That was a very good last 16 matches. Could we do the same this year? Is it possible to dream ?

35 points from 16 matches... wow!

Not sure we'll be able to match that but the FA Cup always allows room for dreams!

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Walking back to the car Leicester fans were very generous with praise of Saints.

We really do now need to start looking up not down in the table given form and the fact that the three teams we have now played for the second time this season are Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester. Others will get fewer points than we have against those three. Realistically it will be tough to catch Leicester and the traditional top six, although not impossible in the case of Spurs and Arsenal, but I definitely think that Wolves, Sheff Utd, Palace and Everton are teams we could finish above and we have all four to play yet.

I remember this and we all laughed at you, who the **** is laughing now.

Yeah just ignore that text at the bottom that says “last edited on 01/01/2020 @5:11pm”. Just some sort of code bug or something. Doesn’t mean anything...

Edited by OttawaSaint

Partial redemption for the 0-9. We are starting to look a proper team now. Took far too long for Ralph to realise Armstrong was the key. Far too stifled in midfield before.

To be honest many here felt the same about Armstrong.

One last comment. Why do they persist in booking players for taking their shirts off after scoring a goal? It doesn’t bother anybody and it hadn’t stopped people from doing it. Totally pointless and joyless. Just stop it.

One last comment. Why do they persist in booking players for taking their shirts off after scoring a goal? It doesn’t bother anybody and it hadn’t stopped people from doing it. Totally pointless and joyless. Just stop it.

Yes, he was the missing piece of the jigsaw. Fantastic player in attack and he has even managed to add defending to his game. Fitness allowing, he should be one of the first names on the team-sheet.

FIFA ruling, innit. Maybe they want to make sure that the sponsors get seen during the goal celebrations.

Mind you, I think that taking your shirt off is pointless but I am rather old.

Diego Forlan, against us for Man United, got a late goal, took his wet shirt off and swung it around his head, and then couldn't get the twisted thing back on as the game restarted. He played out the last few minutes topless, farcicaly carrying his shirt in one hand. It was a bit of a spectacle.

I don't know if that played any part in the lawmakers clamping down on the practice, but the rules were definitely changed soon after.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen a VAR breakdown of Leicester's goal? In real time I was sure Vardy was well offside in the build up but it was totally glossed over in the broadcast: no replays, no lines drawn on the screen.

I know all goals are allegedly checked by VAR as a matter of course, but it seemed weird that there was no mention of it and then the game just restarted.

Has anyone seen a VAR breakdown of Leicester's goal? In real time I was sure Vardy was well offside in the build up but it was totally glossed over in the broadcast: no replays, no lines drawn on the screen.

I know all goals are allegedly checked by VAR as a matter of course, but it seemed weird that there was no mention of it and then the game just restarted.

No! Never saw a reply from the proper angle and never saw a check on a moving ball for the free kick. The replay that was shown from further up the pitch made it look very close.

35 points from 16 matches... wow!

Not sure we'll be able to match that but the FA Cup always allows room for dreams!

We don’t need to match that, we’re only 3 points off 7th now and we play Wolves in a 6 pointer next week followed by another 6 pointer with Palace, if a top 5 side wins the fa cup then 7th will get Europa, definitely possible to get that.

Yes, he was the missing piece of the jigsaw. Fantastic player in attack and he has even managed to add defending to his game. Fitness allowing, he should be one of the first names on the team-sheet.

Ings aside, Armstrong has been the player of the season so far

We don’t need to match that, we’re only 3 points off 7th now and we play Wolves in a 6 pointer next week followed by another 6 pointer with Palace, if a top 5 side wins the fa cup then 7th will get Europa, definitely possible to get that.

Might be easier to just go and win the FA Cup.

While I'm happy to accept it if Long is ruled offside by three centimetres in the current climate, the only image I saw showed the ball about two foot long having already left the foot.

There also seemed to be differences in the way the two players were measured, Long from the shoulder, their guy from the armpit.

It would be good to see some clear images, shot at a frame rate for the job.

FIFA ruling, innit. Maybe they want to make sure that the sponsors get seen during the goal celebrations.

Mind you, I think that taking your shirt off is pointless but I am rather old.

Yeah, me too. Is it to show your tattoos or muscles? Mind you, at my age I've still got a nice warm compression top underneath and sports bra under that.. Don't think out sponsor would be too worried but then she's my very good friend. ;-)

Yeah, me too. Is it to show your tattoos or muscles? Mind you, at my age I've still got a nice warm compression top underneath and sports bra under that.. Don't think out sponsor would be too worried but then she's my very good friend. ;-)

Do you play?

Recovering from a great day yesterday. Good company and put faces to some Forum names!

Not much to say about the game. Whole team worked for each other and the performance was brilliant. Amazing what getting a settled team, clear tactics and the right formation can do. Belief and confidence are back.

On another day, Danny could have scored four. Long's offside before the would-have-been penalty was very debatable.

Quite pleasant on here for once. Guess the skates and moaners are struggling to find any negatives. Happy days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk