Wolves Away

saintasaurus

I've been looking into this and the official answer is that there only appears to be one pub welcoming away fans - the Bluebrick on Broad Gauge Way, just near the station and the Premier Inn. if you are willing to go under cover, i.e. not wear any colours then there are nice looking pubs in the town centre, e.g. Great Western, on Sun Street, the Grain Store on King Street and the Duke of York on Princess street. We'll probably try some of these.

I've been looking into this and the official answer is that there only appears to be one pub welcoming away fans - the Bluebrick on Broad Gauge Way, just near the station and the Premier Inn. if you are willing to go under cover, i.e. not wear any colours then there are nice looking pubs in the town centre, e.g. Great Western, on Sun Street, the Grain Store on King Street and the Duke of York on Princess street. We'll probably try some of these.

How did you get on,for future reference. We went via Dudley Port & the pubs were ok but the locals a bit strange. After the game we were told by the old Bill that we could only go to The Blue Brick. However we tried a trendy looking place & the bouncer just let us in without even speaking to us. Spoke to the bird behind the bar and she said they’d have let us in before hand without colours. It was OK, but craft beer rather than traditional Real ale so a bit too fizzy for me, had to go on Guinness. If there’s a couple of others that’ll let us in we’ll go that route next season rather than mess around in Dudley (provided we’re in the league ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get on,for future reference. We went via Dudley Port & the pubs were ok but the locals a bit strange. After the game we were told by the old Bill that we could only go to The Blue Brick. However we tried a trendy looking place & the bouncer just let us in without even speaking to us. Spoke to the bird behind the bar and she said they’d have let us in before hand without colours. It was OK, but craft beer rather than traditional Real ale so a bit too fizzy for me, had to go on Guinness. If there’s a couple of others that’ll let us in we’ll go that route next season rather than mess around in Dudley (provided we’re in the league ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately we bombed out. We were on the official supporters coach, which didn't drop us off until just before 14.00, so we went straight to the ground to get a beer and food there.

The Banks' bitter and the pie were OK but the bitter ran out and we then had to drink Carling, enough said.

• 2 weeks later...
Went here. No colours (except gold) Good pub. Good beer. Cheap cheese rolls. Close to the ground. http://www.lychgatetavern.co.uk

The Great Western looked like a great pub but the queues to get served were way too long.

My son and I went to the Lych Gate. I'm a square 57 and he's a slightly sarf London 20. No colours obviously. Landlord clocked us straight away (we're the ones not wearing Wolves shirts), but only after we'd ordered. We sat at a table with some Wolves lads who turned out be nice blokes, but the landlord came over, put his hands on the back of our chairs and whispered "You away fans, lads?" I assured him that we were only visiting the town and were surprised to see so many football fans around. He didn't believe me of course, but given that we looked so harmless I'm surprised he even bothered. Maybe he thought we were advance scouts. The Wolves lads said he's a bit of a w@nker - ex-copper apparently. Nice pub, nice ales, friendly fans, unnecessary landlord.