WELL DONE RICKIE LAMBERT

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Love the guy, as does every other Saints fan.

Such a shame he was used as a pawn which contributed to the exodus of players and subsequent downfall. I can't help but feel Liverpool never really wanted him but knew a) it'd make them look good by giving him a chance at his boyhood club, and b) him being there would make it easier to convince Lallana to sign.

Such a shame he was used as a pawn which contributed to the exodus of players and subsequent downfall. I can't help but feel Liverpool never really wanted him but knew a) it'd make them look good by giving him a chance at his boyhood club, and b) him being there would make it easier to convince Lallana to sign.

Bizarre.

Why would Lallana need convincing to sign for Liverpool? Anyone with any recollection of the events of that summer knows that he wanted to go the minute the offer was in.

He was signed because Liverpool at the time felt they needed a big man as a plan B to come off the bench.