Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

...our calendar is based on the Christian colander,

There are a few holes in your logic.

And yes, we are living in a secular country. ( And as a Republican I couldn't give a scoobies about the status of the Queen ). Christmas Day has only been a bank holiday since the 1970's, I didn't get married in a church yet am still recognised as legitimately as somebody who was, and most people are not buried on church grounds.

Edited by badgerx16

You mean free will, lovingly given to us by a divine creator?

An all knowing creator giving free will is an oxymoron. If the creator knows the future and creates people then the way he created them already has a pre-known path. So free will is not possible.

We've been through this before and you failed to give a rebuttal.

An all knowing creator giving free will is an oxymoron. If the creator knows the future and creates people then the way he created them already has a pre-known path. So free will is not possible.

You don’t half talk out of your hair 1. When have I said there’s a Pre ordained path? Free will means you choose!

Anyway what exactly do you think happened for us to be hear?

You don’t half talk out of your hair 1. When have I said there’s a Pre ordained path? Free will means you choose!

Anyway what exactly do you think happened for us to be hear?

We can't choose if God created us and knows every decision we will make before we have made it. If he created us he set the conditions for what will happen and he knows what will happen so free will is logically impossible under those circumstances.

As for "what happened for us to be here"...

Big bang 14 billion years ago, earth former 4 billion years ago, love started 600m years ago, humans evolved a couple of million years ago. That is the best understanding of the available evidence.

Do you disagree with any of that? If so... Why?

If the creator is all knowing, then He caused this thread to be started, and guided you to make all of your posts.

We can't choose if God created us and knows every decision we will make before we have made it. If he created us he set the conditions for what will happen and he knows what will happen so free will is logically impossible under those circumstances.

Big bang 14 billion years ago, earth former 4 billion years ago, love started 600m years ago, humans evolved a couple of million years ago. That is the best understanding of the available evidence.

Best understanding of available evidence? So nothing concrete then?

And if there was a big bang, who created those parts for the big bang???

You know full well why I disagree with you. Have you not been paying attention? But in case you haven’t, it’s the same creator that would’ve made the parts for your Big Bang!

Please tell me though, when did I say there was a pre ordained path?

Best understanding of available evidence? So nothing concrete then?

1) That is how science works! :mcinnes: Theories based on the best available evidence. How could that possible be a problem!

Religion on the other hand makes proclamations based on no evidence.

Which is more reliable... basing things on the best evidence... or on no evidence?

And if there was a big bang, who created those parts for the big bang???

2) Why have you come from a starting point that it needs a 'who'? That isn't a sound methodology as you are presuming it is a who before looking at the evidence. The question to ask is 'how'... not 'who'! And the answer to that is... we don't know. Nothing wrong with admitting you don't know... religion however claims an answer despite no good evidence.

You know full well why I disagree with you. Have you not been paying attention? But in case you haven’t, it’s the same creator that would’ve made the parts for your Big Bang!

3) Yes, I know why, it is because...

a) you have been indoctrinated and brainwashed

b) you have a limited to non existent understanding of the scientific method

Please tell me though, when did I say there was a pre ordained path?

4) This is either the 3rd or 4th time I've tried explaining this one two you. I don't know how I can make it any simpler to understand!

- If God is 'all knowing' then he knows everything you will do in the future... do you agree with that?

- We presume for the sake of argument God set the conditions for the universe and made you

Those two things conflict logically to prevent free will. As if God created everything and knows how it will turn out then the manner in which he decided your creation has been been predetermined and free will is logically impossible under those conditions. If you can't grasp that then I really don't know how else you will ever grasp it!

1)

Those two things conflict logically to prevent free will. As if God created everything and knows how it will turn out then the manner in which he decided your creation has been been predetermined and free will is logically impossible under those conditions. If you can't grasp that then I really don't know how else you will ever grasp it!

Not to mention 'God's will' apparently plays a part in everything - kid dies from cancer, God's will, volcano erupts killing thousands, God's will. Logically there can be no 'free will' under these conditions....

Our queen is also the head of the Church of England, we have 4 bank holidays a year based around Christian festivals, our calendar is based on the Christian colander, people get married and buried in church’s.no, it’s not a Christian country. :lol::mcinnes:

They are based around Pagan ceremonies that have been hijacked by Christian doctrine. I have been to several wedding in the last 12 months, only one was in a church and neither the bride nor groom were believers. Most were in barns. I got married on a beach the first time and in a barn the lady time. I haven’t been to a burial for ages. Mostly they are cremations with the ashes spread elsewhere. Most of the services attended have been humanist. Television used to feature church programmes but you would be hard pressed to find anything remotely religious on tv now. I can take to to a number of homes that used to be chapels. Our local church shares its vicar with 6 others and the services are done on a rota basis as the congregations are so small. It may technically be a Christian country but let’s not pretend that the church plays an important part in our lives anymore. When it does it is just a community thing rather than a religious thing.

Our queen is also the head of the Church of England, we have 4 bank holidays a year based around Christian festivals, our calendar is based on the Christian colander, people get married and buried in church’s.no, it’s not a Christian country. :lol::mcinnes:

Is the Christian Colander like Russell's Teapot?

If so, then my prophecy (which you can all bow down and pray to me when it comes true) is that one day Saints will win at home, they will also win away from home and will have score draws both at home and away - obviously in true prophecy style I'm not at liberty to give dates and years that this will happen but one day it will and you will know I am the one true supreme being ;)

Boom!

Get those prayer mats on order fellas ;)

They are based around Pagan ceremonies that have been hijacked by Christian doctrine. I have been to several wedding in the last 12 months, only one was in a church and neither the bride nor groom were believers. Most were in barns. I got married on a beach the first time and in a barn the lady time. I haven’t been to a burial for ages. Mostly they are cremations with the ashes spread elsewhere. Most of the services attended have been humanist. Television used to feature church programmes but you would be hard pressed to find anything remotely religious on tv now. I can take to to a number of homes that used to be chapels. Our local church shares its vicar with 6 others and the services are done on a rota basis as the congregations are so small. It may technically be a Christian country but let’s not pretend that the church plays an important part in our lives anymore. When it does it is just a community thing rather than a religious thing.

So the first one wasn't a lady (not that I have a problem with that)?

Not that anyone had any choice in the first three. Also if my boss said I could have three days off over Eid and would pay me £1,000 'Islamic bonus', I'd go along with it TBH.

Edited by Lighthouse

Not that anyone had any choice in the first three. Also if my boss said I could have three days off over Eid and would pay me £1,000 'Islamic bonus', I'd go along with it TBH.

Why doesn’t he? After all people claim we aren’t a Christian country.

You are confusing religion and race. You choose your religion, you can't choose your race.

Not necessarily. Many people are pushed into a religion at a young age and before they can decide for themselves.

The Iranian government don't a have a police force for your thoughts. It is a choice what religion you believe in... your race is not a choice.

3457030_0.jpg

does not work in places like that, they kind of kill you if you converted to Judaism for example.

that is not what I said, was it....

As I said before... they don't have mind police. If you converted to Judaism and didn't tell anyone you'd still have made the choice and converted. No-one would know.

I'm guessing you agree you can't change your race? But someone's religion is a choice in their mind, it doesn't need to be a public acknowledgement of what religion you believe is true. So do you think it is impossible for anyone no matter where in the world to change religion?

As I said before... they don't have mind police. If you converted to Judaism and didn't tell anyone you'd still have made the choice and converted. No-one would know.

I'm guessing you agree you can't change your race? But someone's religion is a choice in their mind, it doesn't need to be a public acknowledgement of what religion you believe is true. So do you think it is impossible for anyone no matter where in the world to change religion?

Your point was that people choose their religion. They do not choose it if it is imposed upon them when they are unable to freely choose, ie a child who is indoctrinated at a young age. Sure, they may subsequently abandon that religion, but if one is pedantic (as per), then it is wrong to say that religion is chosen - you are confusing the initial adoption of imposed religion with the freely chosen adoption / retention.

Your point was that people choose their religion. They do not choose it if it is imposed upon them when they are unable to freely choose, ie a child who is indoctrinated at a young age. Sure, they may subsequently abandon that religion, but if one is pedantic (as per), then it is wrong to say that religion is chosen - you are confusing the initial adoption of imposed religion with the freely chosen adoption / retention.

Regardless of the age someone is indoctrinated, there is still a personal choice if you believe it or not.

Regardless of the age someone is indoctrinated, there is still a personal choice if you believe it or not.

I don’t choose to believe 1+1=2. I take it as a certainty because it’s a fundamental principle I’ve told to believe since birth. Religion is like this for a lot of people.

It is still a choice. At any point you can switch between a religion to another religion or to no religion.

live in downtown Tehran and try it!

The Iranian government don't a have a police force for your thoughts. It is a choice what religion you believe in... your race is not a choice.

does not work in places like that, they kind of kill you if you converted to Judaism for example.

Well that is absolute nonsense!

There is a large number of synagogues in Tehran!

that is not what I said, was it....

FYI;

Apostasy, conversion from Islam to another religion, is a potentially capital offence in Iran.

I don’t choose to believe 1+1=2. I take it as a certainty because it’s a fundamental principle I’ve told to believe since birth. Religion is like this for a lot of people.

It’s still a choice. Granted it’s easier for some people to change than others but that doesn’t stop it being a choice.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape