Why is this so difficult?

Bananaman

Yoshida is behind vestergaard and Danso, and for good reason, there is a reason why 7 consecutive managers have not made him a first choice starter, this forum just way overrates him. Keep faith with vestergaard and fall back to 3 atb with danso, that's when we look best.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Yoshida is behind vestergaard and Danso, and for good reason, there is a reason why 7 consecutive managers have not made him a first choice starter, this forum just way overrates him. Keep faith with vestergaard and fall back to 3 atb with danso, that's when we look best.

In fairness, the first 4 of those managers didn't pick him because they had much better options (Fonte, VVD, Toby).

When he joined he was always liable to making mistakes, but he has cut them out and every time he has had a sustained run in the team he has shown himself to be a decent CB.

Vestergaard has had a sustained run in the team now, but he has failings that he will never be able to overcome. His glaring lack of speed, turning ability, heading ability and reactions are all things that cannot be coached out of him.

I watched them both play against Sheff Utd and Yoshida was very good despite not having played all season, while Vestergaard was his usual dodgy self. For any neutral watching that being asked to guess which one would still make the starting lineup the following week, 100% of them would say Yoshida.

I would also swap Gunn for McCarthy too, looks far more assured to me (definitely for Tues night!)

Gunn didnt swap the Man City bench to sit on our bench, so we had to start playing him sooner rather than later. But I feel that was quite harsh on McCarthy who was playing well and getting international recognition.

I agree with the OP.

Our best two CB ARE Yoshida and Bednarek. Best LB IS Bertrand. I'm undecided on the RB position, whether Cedric or Valery.

As for Danso, he looks poor. Not sure what position we bought him for. He definitely not a RB, looks slow at LB and doesn't impress at CB.

How can you tell he doesn’t impress at CB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you tell he doesn’t impress at CB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People like to be negative about new signings, his only game at cb (or part of a game) he kept a clean sheet and got an assist.

Keep JWP and Adams on the bench and play Armstrong and Ings for the first hour. Yoshi for Vestergaard and we have the makings of an attacking front line supported by a strong midfield. All the defence has to do is defend and not faff about trying the fancy stuff. Looking forward to the match. COYS.

I am not a qualified football manager/coach. I have never played the game at anywhere near decent level. I am merely a season ticket holder of 25+ years.

However, it is blindenly obvious to me what our best defense is out of our current squad. Quite how the highly paid manager can not see this is staggering and worrying.

Lets hope he learns quickly because right now i could do a better job for a fraction of the wages.

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT

I’m interested to see what danso can do at cb.. has a bit of pace at least which is a big difference from the lumbering Vestergaard.. the main issue with danso so far is he seems to be a bit indecisive and take far too long on the ball to decide what he’s gonna do next and in that time someone is pressing him.. but maybe this is just because he’s been out of position I’m keen to give him a go though.. can’t be much worse then jv can he :)

I am not a qualified football manager/coach. I have never played the game at anywhere near decent level. I am merely a season ticket holder of 25+ years.

However, it is blindenly obvious to me what our best defense is out of our current squad. Quite how the highly paid manager can not see this is staggering and worrying.

Lets hope he learns quickly because right now i could do a better job for a fraction of the wages.

IT'S NOT DIFFICULT

Maybe Ralph’s looking to build a better defence than the one that would currently be deemed the best. Worth giving him some time to do that with the young talent he has.

Maybe Ralph’s looking to build a better defence than the one that would currently be deemed the best. Worth giving him some time to do that with the young talent he has.

Building a better defence does not involve playing a CB at RB and RB at LB. He got it horribly wrong on Fri, anyone could see that.

I would have to agree that Yoshida and Bednarek are our two best CB’s. Vestergard should be trying to oust one of those two by impressing in training, but then perhaps he already does that albeit in a safe training environment, hence why he gets picked.

Danso does not strike me as being suited to being in a last line of defence, rather more in the mould of a Wanyama type of CDM. What he definitely is not is a RB.

Building a better defence does not involve playing a CB at RB and RB at LB. He got it horribly wrong on Fri, anyone could see that.

Giving a very young centre back league experience at right back could be considered less of a risk than playing him at centre back. It’s been done many times before; Ferdinand, Gomez spring to mind, I’m sure there are others, Webster at Brighton has been playing right back. The most important thing for Danso is that he gains experience, it was painful for him on Friday but he should be better for it.

Giving a very young centre back league experience at right back could be considered less of a risk than playing him at centre back. It’s been done many times before; Ferdinand, Gomez spring to mind, I’m sure there are others, Webster at Brighton has been playing right back. The most important thing for Danso is that he gains experience, it was painful for him on Friday but he should be better for it.

It's a good plan if a player is suited to playing there. Other players are other players and how they perform in other positions has no relevance to Danso suitability to doing so. Danso looked like a fish up a tree at LB, even worse at RB.

The point remains that you do not build a better back 4 by playing half of that defence out of position.

I couldn't disagree more with your last point. There's no way that Danso being hung out to dry at RB, then shifted to CB then hauled off at half time will make him "better" in any way. It was appalling management by RH and won't have done young Danso any good whatsoever imo.

I fail to see the logic there. We should be beating the likes of Bournemouth at home, not gifting them easy goals because the manager isn't picking the correct starting 11

I fail to see the logic there. We should be beating the likes of Bournemouth at home, not gifting them easy goals because the manager isn't picking the correct starting 11

You fail to see my logic and then go on to state that we should be beating the "likes of Bournemouth"... Bournemouth who have consistently outperformed us in both league position and transfer market dealings for 3 years now.

I am second guessing here but I suspect Ralph is blooding Danso in a position that is not as critical as what will ultimately be his best position - is that easy enough to understand?

What I am 100% convinced about is that Ralph is a better manager than all of us on here, unless Pep is a lurker??

You fail to see my logic and then go on to state that we should be beating the "likes of Bournemouth"... Bournemouth who have consistently outperformed us in both league position and transfer market dealings for 3 years now.

I am second guessing here but I suspect Ralph is blooding Danso in a position that is not as critical as what will ultimately be his best position - is that easy enough to understand?

What I am 100% convinced about is that Ralph is a better manager than all of us on here, unless Pep is a lurker??

Why do we have a player in a critical area of the pitch, who requires ‘blooding’ in?

Ridiculous.

Why do we have a player in a critical area of the pitch, who requires ‘blooding’ in?

Ridiculous.

I’m assuming this is a rhetorical question or am I guilty of giving you too much credit.

We are blooding youth because, for whatever reason, we didn’t have the funds to buy a centre back that we could drop straight into the line up.

I’m assuming this is a rhetorical question or am I guilty of giving you too much credit.

We are blooding youth because, for whatever reason, we didn’t have the funds to buy a centre back that we could drop straight into the line up.

The question mark suggests it's a real question, and a valid one at that. You do not blood a player in a Premier league game in an alien position, then play arguably your best RB at LB. Your support for RH over this catastrophe is commendable, but I don't think the concencus is with you. He got it wrong, simple as that.

Nope. You are still not making any sense to me