Chelsea vs SAINTS: Build Up Thread

nta786

A midfield two of JWP and Romeu would get massively overrun - both extremely one paced.

I hope Lemina is fit to play - he is much better than the two above and this will be a tough game where you need your best players.

He had a stinker on Sunday. He needs someone in the team to grab him by the balls and tell him to get his bloody finger out and put in decent effort

JWP much better Sunday...put in a worldly crunching tackle on Aguero on the edge of our box.

Unfortunately even with our best players available, we’ll not be getting anything from this game. 3-0 to the home team.

Desperately need some magic done in the transfer window.

If Raiph thinks JWP is suddenly going to be harder and more aggressive then he hasn't watched him play enough - it is not going to happen.
It's already happening. You obviously didn't see his performance on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So what will RH do tonight?

Try for a point or save some players for a decent cup run starting Saturday?

At this point all focus has to be on survival, then look to build and potentially go for a cup next season.

Not sure we’ll win either games anyway, tbh.

RH has seen what is missing in JWP's game as we all have. Let us hope this is taken onboard.
Easy to see what is missing.

Difficult to fundamentally change the physical and mental makeup of a player.

JWP will always have a good right peg. He will never be strong, quick, ruthless, aggressive.

Very possible we end up in the bottom three by end of play today but won't be panicking just yet. I can't see us not being busy in January, no doubt Ralph will want a couple of his own players in so that gives me cause for optimism.

Would like us to get back to full strength for tonight, some of the players got a rest for the City game so it would be nice to get some points where we're not expected to.

McCarthy

Bednarek Vestegaard Yoshida

Valery Romeu Lemina Targett

Redmond Armstrong

Ings

Very possible we end up in the bottom three by end of play today but won't be panicking just yet. I can't see us not being busy in January, no doubt Ralph will want a couple of his own players in so that gives me cause for optimism.

Would like us to get back to full strength for tonight, some of the players got a rest for the City game so it would be nice to get some points where we're not expected to.

McCarthy

Valery Romeu Lemina Targett

Redmond Armstrong

Ings

Not that we have much option, with current injuries and player issues, but that formation would work so much better with some proper pacey wingbacks.

Easy to see what is missing.

Difficult to fundamentally change the physical and mental makeup of a player.

JWP will always have a good right peg. He will never be strong, quick, ruthless, aggressive.

Three of those four things can be worked on with training and coaching, the only one that can't is speed. But plenty of players have managed to make a good career for themselves despite a lack of pace.

McCarthy

Valery Romeu JWP Targett

Redmond Armstrong

Ings

Changed it for you to what Ralph has said will be the starting line up.

=Shroppie;2696702]It's already happening. You obviously didn't see his performance on Sunday.

Glad to see Ralph giving Prowsey Wowsey a chance for once. £10 on Chelsea, money for nothing.

Come on Ralph play him more often cos I know Saints don't win when Prowsey plays and I can make a few bob.

He was really good against Citeh, only 214 shiiite appearances previous. If Ralph can polish this turd then hats off.

Three of those four things can be worked on with training and coaching, the only one that can't is speed. But plenty of players have managed to make a good career for themselves despite a lack of pace.

Only things u need in football is dribbling skills and running Bexy, passing, ball control, reading the game, positioning and so on and so on, you know the other million things a good footballer needs to do, yeah all that stuff, Don't matter, Even Refs and linesman / Lineswomen need to run and dribble like Messi.

Heard MLT got dropped for his lack of effort in running, Then heard Dennis bergkamp got his legendary status removed cause he couldn't run like Bolt, even heard Elon musk is making rocket boots for slow football players. heard here at Saints web.

Edited by Mosin
auto save delete half my post.....

=Shroppie;2696702]It's already happening. You obviously didn't see his performance on Sunday.

Glad to see Ralph giving Prowsey Wowsey a chance for once. £10 on Chelsea, money for nothing.

Come on Ralph play him more often cos I know Saints don't win when Prowsey plays and I can make a few bob.

He was really good against Citeh, only 214 shiiite appearances previous. If Ralph can polish this turd then hats off.

in your own opinion, amazing how every one of you was licking Ralphs but when he first joined going on abut clean slates to every player blah blah blah blah.... now cause JWP starts again for the 2nd game in a row ( Cause Lemina has played like dog poop for weeks..... ), your crying...……… God dam bunch of hypocrites the lot of you.

Only things u need in football is dribbling skills and running Bexy, passing, ball control, reading the game, positioning and so on and so on, you know the other million things a good footballer needs to do, yeah all that stuff, Don't matter, Even Refs and linesman / Lineswomen need to run and dribble like Messi.

Heard MLT got dropped for his lack of effort in running, Then heard Dennis bergkamp got his legendary status removed cause he couldn't run like Bolt, even heard Elon musk is making rocket boots for slow football players. heard here at Saints web.

Are you comparing JWP to MLT and Bergkamp :lol:

The reality is the game has changed significantly since those 2 played in the PL, to play as a wide midfielder (which seems to be his position) you need to have the ability to beat a man and a turn of pace (especially in the way RH sets us up). Also, JWP doesn’t have half the ball control or creativity or vision of those 2 (or to play as an attacking midfielder/second striker), what they lacked in pace, they made up with other attributes.

JWP, to date, has been a below average footballer struggling to break into an average team. If given the chance, it’s a massive game for him tonight. I hope he does well, but if he’s playing CM as a 2 we will struggle.

Behave yourself. If you have the technical ability of players like MLT and Bergkamp you don't need to "run". Like Pirlo and others.

JWP has about 1% the ability of the above players.

Are you comparing JWP to MLT and Bergkamp :lol:

The reality is the game has changed significantly since those 2 played in the PL, to play as a wide midfielder (which seems to be his position) you need to have the ability to beat a man and a turn of pace (especially in the way RH sets us up). Also, JWP doesn’t have half the ball control or creativity or vision of those 2 (or to play as an attacking midfielder/second striker), what they lacked in pace, they made up with other attributes.

JWP, to date, has been a below average footballer struggling to break into an average team. If given the chance, it’s a massive game for him tonight. I hope he does well, but if he’s playing CM as a 2 we will struggle.

In no part of my post did I declare JWP is as good as those names...… :mcinnes:.

Stop reading things I never typed.

Actually, just looking at the squads outside of Man City/Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, there is some horrific **** at all the clubs below them. JWP would be a respectable signing for anyone outside top 6.

Also, commentators were raving about him against City, reckoned he covered more of the pitch than anyone else, said his work rate was amazing, and also best dead ball delivery in the league. There must be something in that we could utilise.

he also had by far the most touches of the ball of any saints player (56) against city, and the below was less than one year ago;

https://www.premierleague.com/news/617908

give him games...

Actually, just looking at the squads outside of Man City/Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, there is some horrific **** at all the clubs below them. JWP would be a respectable signing for anyone outside top 6.

Also, commentators were raving about him against City, reckoned he covered more of the pitch than anyone else, said his work rate was amazing, and also best dead ball delivery in the league. There must be something in that we could utilise.

he also had by far the most touches of the ball of any saints player (56) against city, and the below was less than one year ago;

give him games...

He doesn't have the best dead ball delivery in the Premier League, myth. He is average and only starting cos Hojberg is insane, he wouldn't be anywhere near starting XI if Hoj, Lemina and Armstrong are fit.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong, about the 100th time of asking.

give him games...

It’s not how many touches that’s key.. it’s what he does with them, which is very little. He is simply does not have enough positive attributes to nail down a position in any premier league team.

If he plays tonight, let’s hope he proves the doubters wrong.

If we'd signed JWP for 15-20m a couple of years ago with exactly the same impact as he's had in that time, I'm pretty sure most if not all of those who are saying he can still do a job, would be saying he's Shiite and get rid ASAP.

Amazing what difference to supporter bias, being an academy graduate can make. There's a reason he's not been a regular under a string of successive managers, and that's that he's not very good.

If we'd signed JWP for 15-20m a couple of years ago with exactly the same impact as he's had in that time, I'm pretty sure most if not all of those who are saying he can still do a job, would be saying he's Shiite and get rid ASAP.

Amazing what difference to supporter bias, being an academy graduate can make. There's a reason he's not been a regular under a string of successive managers, and that's that he's not very good.

Look at Jordy Clasie

Good to see another manager seeing something in JWP and giving him a chance. For me he played his best football for us under Poch's pressing game. I hope he takes the chance to prove the Forum experts wrong.

What he sees is that Hojbjerg is suspended, Lemina isn't fit and Davis is over the hill.

That's what he sees in JWP.

Absolutely.

See this game as a learning opportunity - get this and the FA Cup game out of the way and it feels like the season starts then.

A bit of a shame as I think any team that can defend half decent could stifle Chelsea and threaten to get away with something, but clearly that team (in terms of defending properly) is not us right now.