Pellegrino OUT

Batman

The Manager's of every team around us seem to be able get their team to raise their game and put up a fight. This ****ing ***** just seems content to let them put in the same spineless performance week after week. He then spouts the same old **** in his post match interviews. "The players were Anxious" FFS! It's so embarrassing.

Rubbish. Hughes is rubbish and was awful as a player here too.
What has him being rubbish as a player got to do with it? Moore and Charlton were terrible managers!

Yeah Hughes is terrible 3 consecutive 9th placed finishes FFS you do talk downright ******

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

The Manager's of every team around us seem to be able get their team to raise their game and put up a fight. This ****ing ***** just seems content to let them put in the same spineless performance week after week. He then spouts the same old **** in his post match interviews. "The players were Anxious" FFS! It's so embarrassing.

What's even more worrying is that a bunch of highly paid professionals need someone to make them "raise their game and put up a fight" surely they don't need some sort of Churchillian speech before every game to realize we are trouble. You'd think, at this point, if nothing else professional pride would make them go out their and fight tooth and nail regardless of the manager its almost like the players don't care if they get relegated (and I guess most don't figuring they'll just force a cushy move to another team complete with a nice little signing on fee)

This is a joke post from you given you were one of the morons who called for Puel out. He finished 8th, a cup final that Hughes hasn’t managed at, faced a fifty game season, missed out on 30 goals from a sold Pelle and Mane and then had Austin and VVD out for half the season.

When will you wake up ad smell the coffee?

You calling me a moron after that **** post yeah it was the fans blah blah blah.

Jeesh what a ***** Puel was asked to change style he refused was sacked you **** nothing to do with with a few posts on a message board.

Puel lost the cup final.. 17 points less than season before he was brilliant...moron

50 game seasons...Championship teams play more than that every year. His Europa campaign was a disaster..

Edited by Give it to Ron

What has him being rubbish as a player git to do with it? Moore and Charlton were terrible managers!

Yeah Hughes is terrible 3 consecutive 9th placed finishes FFS you do talk downright ******

Mark Hughes spent a **** ton and took Stoke exactly zero places up the league from when he was appointed. Old style manager and not what we need.

Mark Hughes spent a **** ton and took Stoke exactly zero places up the league from when he was appointed. Old style manager and not what we need.
I can't stand the bloke...a Prem ref told me they hate him as he gives them nothing but grief. I just think of options available and state we are in....its immaterial anyway Pellegrino wont be sacked.

some saintsweb snobbery in full show re: Hughes

Just as well we have not hired a manager with zero prem experience and recently sacked from the bottom half of the championship

what idiot clubs would do that?

If he was called Marco Julio with the exact same record of multiple top ten/top eight/top six finishes with multiple La Liga clubs people would be in fu cking raptures of excitement.

Just as well we have not hired a manager with zero prem experience and recently sacked from the bottom half of the championship

Yep. Hughes is a huge upgrade on Pellegrino in every single department.

13th to 9th is 4 places, which is more than zero.

You are quite right, I thought they were higher. However, he spent an absolute fortune on complete dross and barely improved that team. He isn't a progressive manager in any respect, and although that's not necessarily what we need right now, we could use someone with some fresh ideas.

I agree, Ron, he won't be sacked which is a shame. However, if he is I'd much rather Silva than Hughes.

I don't think you, of all people, can accuse others of snobbery after your campaign against the manager last season.

advocating Hughes and you say I’m out of touch lol. He’s a busted flush and has never been convincing. I doubt many clubs fans rue the day he left their club.

How many wanted Pellegrino ? I didnt want either . It was sheer arrogance to turn down some of the candidates by Reed and board.

Hughes isn’t the man at all. Please stop going on about it.

You calling me a moron after that **** post yeah it was the fans blah blah blah.

Jeesh what a ***** Puel was asked to change style he refused was sacked you **** nothing to do with with a few posts on a message board.

Puel lost the cup final.. 17 points less than season before he was brilliant...moron

50 game seasons...Championship teams play more than that every year. His Europa campaign was a disaster..

I looked ever so closely at your reply, but somehow could not see you respond to the bits about having to manage without the 30 goals of Pelle and Mane as well as missing Austin and VVD for half a season. So go on, talk me through the possible relationship between fewer points and missing Pelle and Mane, you can do it!

Honestly can there be one fan out there who doesn’t want him gone. I’m a moderate but FFS

I think it's fairly obvious to most that though Puel had his limitations, there was a mediocrity to the playing squad brought on by high profile sales and marginal replacements (or no replacements). This season, the mediocrity in the squad has been parlayed by an out-of-his-depth Manager - throw in the ownership saga and the points and table position are a fair reflection.

Anyone who wouldn't take Mark Hughes in a flash over MP, even at this eleventh hour is either incredibly optimistic or not paying attention.

I looked ever so closely at your reply, but somehow could not see you respond to the bits about having to manage without the 30 goals of Pelle and Mane as well as missing Austin and VVD for half a season. So go on, talk me through the possible relationship between fewer points and missing Pelle and Mane, you can do it!
He had Jayrod who when scored was dropped next game not once but twice..oh yeah Mane who never scored for how many months? Pelle winter months were great too.

Clasie scores at WBA then dropped next game genius.

So did the genius alter tactics to fit in attackers?

Next you will say how well he is doing at Leicester .

So how come Pellegrino is still here when a poll had 96% on here us morons are responsible for Puel going....oh

Maybe not but ......not blessed with options are we now. Had he gone when he should have we may have had more choice.

Would have been a more attractive option for a manager as well if he had the January window to address the squad issues as he saw fit rather than be lumbered with the squad for the remainder of the season.

It's okay, I've found a manager who is available.

He's worked extensively in one of the four top European leagues and in the full seasons he has managed spread between four separate clubs he has finished 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 10th, 10th and 13th. He also had a calendar year of two half seasons at another club which wasn't great but he did save them from relegation in the first half season.

Every single one of these finishes were since the last time Gordon Strachan managed in the Premier League so at least he has recent relevant experience.

Any way, on paper sounds like as good a candidate as we could expect to get. Hes available and we are a bit desperate.

Anyway, I'll not say his name, needless to say some would say he is foreign with a weird accent for English football.

PM me if you want to be ITK.

It's okay, I've found a manager who is available.

He's worked extensively in one of the four top European leagues and in the full seasons he has managed spread between four separate clubs he has finished 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 10th, 10th and 13th. He also had a calendar year of two half seasons at another club which wasn't great but he did save them from relegation in the first half season.

Every single one of these finishes were since the last time Gordon Strachan managed in the Premier League so at least he has recent relevant experience.

Any way, on paper sounds like as good a candidate as we could expect to get. Hes available and we are a bit desperate.

Anyway, I'll not say his name, needless to say some would say he is foreign with a weird accent for English football.

PM me if you want to be ITK.

200.gif

I don't see Burnely's defence making constant mistakes like ours, and that's not down to the manager either, these are professional footballers who can't clear a ball properly, find a pass to a team mate under no pressure or put in a cross that actually finds its way into the box. The manager has many faults but when the players get on the pitch they should be able, as highly paid professionals, of performing the basics of football.

Puel was able to keep the defence tight all season with the same defenders (and no Hoedt or Lemina, and VVD was out for half the season). It's 90% the manager. He's out of his depth.

Puel was able to keep the defence tight all season with the same defenders (and no Hoedt or Lemina, and VVD was out for half the season). It's 90% the manager. He's out of his depth.

This. Whenever MoPo, Koeman and to some extent Puel hit rocky patches they fixed the defence first and then added back the goals once we got a bit of stability and momentum. This clown just jabbers on about nothing after each game. He’s not a manager, he doesn’t have the slightest clue what he’s doing.

If it going to happen at all, it needs to happen tomorrow, by 5pm.

Gossip pages suggest that if Chelsea falter tomorrow night, then Conte is gone and Silva is hired on temp contract at Chelsea.

If he had the choice of Chelsea or Saints on Wednesday, there's zero chance of him picking us, so sign him up MONDAY.

For me, it's a yes to Silva, Adkins, Strachan, Pearson on a temp contract to end of season, but a no to Hughes.

Review longer term in the summer.

But, to be clear, Pellegrino out immediately. He can't inspire our players, sorry.

I don’t like Mark Hughes but would be doing cartwheels if we got him now. Desperate times.

I was hoping for some light after WBA last week but what was served up yesterday was dire. Only team down there showing no fight. MP has no gravitas and must go

Not sure how anyone could prefer the status quo to mark Hughes. I'd give Hughes a go and see if he can keep us up. He's miles better than the fool in charge at present and has actually had some success in the prem.
just saintsweb snobbery. it is quite frankly ridiculous

Even suggesting Adkins; who is already fighting to save his job at the bottom of the championship. he only took the role a couple of months ago

I don’t like Mark Hughes but would be doing cartwheels if we got him now. Desperate times.

I was hoping for some light after WBA last week but what was served up yesterday was dire. Only team down there showing no fight. MP has no gravitas and must go

Quite right. What's the latest stage of the season a Prem Club has replaced a Manager? If Reed and co. act in the next 24 hours, it's not too late to steady the ship - if Pellegrino is left to muddle through the next 3 or 4 Prem games it probably will be (too late).

Even suggesting Adkins; who is already fighting to save his job at the bottom of the championship. he only took the role a couple of months ago

That would be the Adkins that won 0-2 at Forest and move them out of the relegation places on Saturday?

I hate Hughes and feel unclean supporting him but compared to this clown!

Neither of the last 2 managers should have been appointed in the first place.

That will upset that snivelling coward apologist Forester who just blames fans that wanted better than dross being served up.

We turned down someone who had won trophies in 4 countries and managed Real Madrid.

Pellegrino will be kept on and as I said last night had he been sacked after Leicester game we would have had better options.

That would be the Adkins that won 0-2 at Forest and move them out of the relegation places on Saturday?

I hate Hughes and feel unclean supporting him but compared to this clown!

Neither of the last 2 managers should have been appointed in the first place.

That will upset that snivelling coward apologist Forester who just blames fans that wanted better than dross being served up.

We turned down someone who had won trophies in 4 countries and managed Real Madrid.

Pellegrino will be kept on and as I said last night had he been sacked after Leicester game we would have had better options.

the same Adkins that is 21st in the championship

if you point to one result, why the fuss about Pellegrino? he won the big one away to WBA after all

No you’re ridiculous in saying Hughes. Rather have Adkins to Hughes anyday.

the same Adkins that is 21st in the championship

if you point to one result, why the fuss about Pellegrino? he won the big one away to WBA after all

You are ignoring where they were when he took them over and what this clown has done this year.....why the fuss nope no idea all is rosy.

I wouldn't want Adkins back but you cannot rewrite what he achieved here.

You are ignoring where they were when he took them over and what this clown has done this year.....why the fuss nope no idea all is rosy.

I'm not re writing anything.

just think it is bizarre that anyone would suggest Adkins when he has not long been in a job and has a big challenge keeping it.

Where has Batman done that?

Adkins has no track record in the Premier League and has struggled in L1 since leaving us.

Hughes has as good a pedigree as we could reasonably expect - he is, on every single conceivable measure, better than Adkins.

Where has Batman done that?

Adkins has no track record in the Premier League and has struggled in L1 since leaving us.

Hughes has as good a pedigree as we could reasonably expect - he is, on every single conceivable measure, better than Adkins.

Read the last paragraph...I am not advocating Adkins just saying he is doing ok at Hull considering train wreck there.

Hughes record of 3 x 9th place finishes proves he isnt that bad but I hate the bloke .

Ps

Could be like one of those players you hate but love when they play for you Terry Hurlock

Edited by Give it to Ron

Usually Hughes is not my choice of manager but in our situation we need someone with experience and stature who knows the Prem inside out, he would be a good fit.

Think we have left it too late though, I expect he would look at our fixture list and run a mile. Les' dithering has got us relegated.

I think the general point is that we would take pretty much anyone over Pellegrino. We are 100% down under him. Reed will only take a cheap option so at the moment I would take Tim Sherwood. Nowhere near my 1st choice but so much better tactically. Ignore his tenure at Villa. Mourinho would have taken that side down. First choice would be Guus Hiddink...no chance!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The board should pay the price if they persist with this donkey. They will have to explain why they sat on their hands from November. Does anyone seriously think the fans will accept Pellegrino for next season when we are in the championship .

Even if we were to stay up would anyone want another season with him.

They will sack him but too late to save our premiership status. The board are letting the fans down and if they do I won't renew my season ticket I won't need to.

I think he Hughes could do a job for us but we know what Les is like.

He tries to make out, our club is something special and we do things our way. The board reeks of arrogance because they genuinely believe they run our club better than anyone else runs theirs. Due to this I can’t see him going for someone on the ‘manager-merry-go-round’ because it would make us look like just any old club, you know what I mean.