Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Seems bigger clubs have been interested but have not met our valuation.

Danger now is that clubs may come in but lemina may decide that as we blocked moves to big clubs he will stitch us up and sit tight on his big wages here.

I still think he's one of our best players, shame that we've not been able to come to a compromise. Get him playing again for us.

Seems bigger clubs have been interested but have not met our valuation.

Danger now is that clubs may come in but lemina may decide that as we blocked moves to big clubs he will stitch us up and sit tight on his big wages here.

I still think he's one of our best players, shame that we've not been able to come to a compromise. Get him playing again for us.

He's not a sufficiently big player to do a VVD and sit back pending the next window, he needs to put himself in the window. Whether his ego allows him to understand that is another matter though.

yep and as he’s being paid a huge salary he might as well earn it, at least until 1 January

His case is different to Austin, Carrillo, Forster. All these players even if they trained normally with us, would never get a game.

Lemina on the other hand can at the very least contribute in the squad.

We are light in center mid, it is an absolute no brainer for me to get him involved again. But before doing that, you need to see in what state of mind he is in.

This is where man mangement skills Ralph can do something...

Stats may prove me wrong (?), but when we played the same card with Van Dijk he (indirectly) refused to play ball...?

You're comparing a peach with a cabbage mate. Vvd was massively in demand and sulked until he got the move he had lined up. Lemina seemingly has nothing lined up so has to put himself on display.

If he was set on staying for only 2 years to the point of refusing to play or even train properly, he should have stuck to his guns in negotiations and said he only wanted a 2 year contract. We would have walked away from the deal, but at least then we would have "stuck to what was agreed", as he says in his own words.

yep and as he’s being paid a huge salary he might as well earn it, at least until 1 January

Why would we be paying him if he says he doesn’t want to play for us any more???

I would have thought we will be saying to him you have until the of the European transfer window to find a club or you are leaving anyway as we will not pay you after that date. The contract should say that if you refuse to play we refuse pay, we retain your contract though mate...

Why would we be paying him if he says he doesn’t want to play for us any more???

I would have thought we will be saying to him you have until the of the European transfer window to find a club or you are leaving anyway as we will not pay you after that date. The contract should say that if you refuse to play we refuse pay, we retain your contract though mate...

Who says he's refusing to play?! I get that he wants a move, but that's completely different to going on strike. If you're suggesting that because you believe he's on strike that we should just bin him off, that's ridiculous.

I thought it was he that said in the Press he was leaving and that he had no intention (Or never had intention) of staying

All the stuff in newspapers has been put there by Saints, all made up.

Lemina only has the hump because he is being publically forced out the door.

Even the direct quotes from the player saying he had made the decision to leave and "there is no turning back" ?

I don't believe even the Daily Mail would sink so low as to print a completely made up quote like that, let alone the Echo.

Think the Leminade went a bit flat if Gala is where he's off to. TBH he should have known that Juve > Saints is hardly moving your career forward, so Gala rather than Man Utd is a natural progression (not wanting to put Gala down, its more on the wages front I refer to).

Edited by angelman

Have to feel that overall the only winners would be Galatasaray rather than Lemina and certainly not Saints.

Shame its ended like this, as talent wise he should be a starter in our team rather than loaned out for little financial benefit.

This scenario a year ago would have been laughed at. Shows how quickly things change in football.

Does the club run his official twitter account as well? Be amazed if that’s in his contract...

Galatasaray loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champions League club, probably with enough money to buy him if he goes well - not the worst deal in the world.

Wish the midfield options we're left with weren't so threadbare, though.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Have to feel that overall the only winners would be Galatasaray rather than Lemina and certainly not Saints.

Shame its ended like this, as talent wise he should be a starter in our team rather than loaned out for little financial benefit.

This scenario a year ago would have been laughed at. Shows how quickly things change in football.

I agree. I remember his debut at Palace and then compare it to his display at West Ham at the end of last season.Something went very wrong.

I don’t really understand his logic here- because surely he cannot expect to be in the shop window for the bigger clubs by plying his trade in Turkey as opposed to us?!?! I rate him that much that I think he would get a good amount of minutes here- and tbh even if PEH is captain I think a Lemina at his best is better than the PEH equivalent.

If he went Roma or any other top club within the top 4/5 leagues, fair enough.

I can only think that with 2 years left on his contract next summer he will think it will be easier to leave- well it doesn’t matter what happens but I would like to think we would still want at least £18m next summer (which I still think is cheap), and clearly that valuation was still not met by anyone else this summer.

I don’t really understand his logic here- because surely he cannot expect to be in the shop window for the bigger clubs by plying his trade in Turkey as opposed to us?!?! I rate him that much that I think he would get a good amount of minutes here- and tbh even if PEH is captain I think a Lemina at his best is better than the PEH equivalent.

If he went Roma or any other top club within the top 4/5 leagues, fair enough.

I can only think that with 2 years left on his contract next summer he will think it will be easier to leave- well it doesn’t matter what happens but I would like to think we would still want at least £18m next summer (which I still think is cheap), and clearly that valuation was still not met by anyone else this summer.

Do well in the Champions League and that will be good exposure for him. Seems to have proper thrown his toys out of the pram with us...he barely put any effort in even when he DID want to play for us. Never forgave him for that horrendous display in the semi-final against Chelsea.

Of all the players potentially going out on loan or being sold (!!!!!), Boufal was my number 1 to be "rehabilitated" and Lemina was number 2. Boufal seems to be doing OK so far, and maybe if no one takes him, Lemina can be reintegrated. Bit of humble pie, and the merest bit of egg on face, and that's about it. No bridges burned. Not hugely complicated and all will be forgotten in a week or two, esp if he puts in a shift. So if he's still here, its not a disaster.

Do well in the Champions League and that will be good exposure for him. Seems to have proper thrown his toys out of the pram with us...he barely put any effort in even when he DID want to play for us. Never forgave him for that horrendous display in the semi-final against Chelsea.

In a group with PSG and Real Madrid, good luck to him :lol: (even if both has some internal turmoil)

Of all the players potentially going out on loan or being sold (!!!!!), Boufal was my number 1 to be "rehabilitated" and Lemina was number 2. Boufal seems to be doing OK so far, and maybe if no one takes him, Lemina can be reintegrated. Bit of humble pie, and the merest bit of egg on face, and that's about it. No bridges burned. Not hugely complicated and all will be forgotten in a week or two, esp if he puts in a shift. So if he's still here, its not a disaster.

Yeah pretty much this too- he is good friends with Ings and Valery based off Instagram

In a group with PSG and Real Madrid, good luck to him :lol: (even if both has some internal turmoil)

Yeah pretty much this too- he is good friends with Ings and Valery based off Instagram

Oh I agree, but the guy clearly has a hugely inflated opinion of himself so thinks he'll go there, dominate the games against PSG and Real and then be top of their shopping lists for the summer.

Not often I feel there's a lose-lose-lose situation but this is probably it. By all accounts Ralph appears a very reasonable man so can only assume Lemina could not be persuaded to stay.

Galatasary likely gainers if he tries to prove himself on Champions league stage...but then, he's still a Saints player so even if he is outstanding we'll make him unaffordable for them.

If players accept high wages after a high transfer, then they have to accept that we want to recoup some of it, so stow the "priced him out of a move" bollix please.

He is having a bad day and trying too hard.

Agree totally if we had let him go cheaply he would have been first one to complain where does it say we should let him go and not get a good deal for us?

Lemina is a good player but lacks the personality and brain to make the most of that ability as proven by his past.

Good luck to him no malice just a shame as when he wanted to he was very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice