Spurs 3-2 Saints - FA Cup Reaction

ALWAYS_SFC

at 2-1 we couldn't keep a lead

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Indeed. Mainly due to a utter howler by the referee/VAR tonight.

Our brilliant recent unbeaten run, where we've regularly kept teams to fewer shots on target than we've got goals, is hardly indicative of it being ingrained into the team.

Sorry, that's rubbish. Their first was a jammy deflection, their second was a superb finish (like Ings' was), and the third doesn't need describing further.

How many times do you want it to happen before you stop calling it back luck? Truth is we're mentally frail. We play excellent football but we're weak.

How annoying. Typical plucky underdog performance, just not enough quality unfortunately. That's the true reality

Very annoying and it was such a brave and at times commanding performance - at least for 70 minutes. Maybe not a popular view but we seemed to lose all our attacking threat when Armstrong replaced Boufal (yes I know the Ings goal came after the substitution) - Armstrong just could not get into the game, and I felt Boufal did enough to stay on. Bertrand was excellent tonight; the Redmond assist and Ings goal was cracking stuff. In the end it was just that quality on the break Spurs have that created the fortunate win.

Sorry, that's rubbish. Their first was a jammy deflection, their second was a superb finish (like Ings' was), and the third doesn't need describing further.

For the last few seasons we have missed chances and conceded late goals and not had the rub of the green

How you address that I don't know but top teams manage to score late goals and have luck but not us

Agreed, this (highly entertaining) balls out full press system does kind of rely on scoring the numerous chances it creates. Inevitable that a/it will leave gaps at the back and b/we will tire towards the end and leave even more gaps.

but it still beats the sit back, create **** all and get ****ed by most of the league. We went for it big style and on another day we'd win handsomely. Spurs have some world class talent in the final third. They got between the lines on the odd occasion and that killed us.

I'M Gutted. Absolutely gutted to lose that.

on top of that, there was actually contact on Bertrand's penalty shout with Lloris earlier in the 2nd Half.

Not that Bertrand asked for the call or that anyone who has watched football in the last 50 years thought it was a penalty..

but hell... if Son's was a penalty, Bertrand's must be.

We're a good team, but individually quite poor. If we could incrementally improve the team by replacing 3 or 4 current starters with better ones, we'd be pushing for a Europa League spot.

Until we let loose the dead weight we've got out on loan, that'd not gonna happen.

I just hope we can keep hold of Ralph long enough to provide him with better tools.

on top of that, there was actually contact on Bertrand's penalty shout with Lloris earlier in the 2nd Half.

Not that Bertrand asked for the call or that anyone who has watched football in the last 50 years thought it was a penalty..

but hell... if Son's was a penalty, Bertrand's must be.

Bertrand dived. End of.

His replacement hasn't played yet... how about we give him a chance?

Oh come on, you're usually the statistical pedant. Extrapolate literally from "We've conceded 30 goals in the 11 games Cedric hasn't played in this season, and we've only won 1 of them ".

Very frustrating. Only got the livestream working in time to see Moura score - then that dive. Sooooo predictable.

JWP loss is potentially bigger than this game.

Spurs have been so lucky twice in a row at home...should have lost both games by a margin, instead win.

Onwards. Burnley game more important. Let's get the points we need to be safe.

I can't understand folk on here getting at Gunn as though the goals were his mistakes. First was from a Stephen's deflection, second was a well placed strike low into the corner of the net, and third was a well taken penalty which was won by Son diving under little or no contact.

For the last few seasons we have missed chances and conceded late goals and not had the rub of the green

How you address that I don't know but top teams manage to score late goals and have luck but not us

Yes, but the difference is that for the last few seasons we've often deserved to lose from winning positions due to mistakes. Since the 0-9 there's been a huge turn around mentally and we haven't been doing that. Tonight we didn't deserve to lose.

The problem now is with JWP and Cedric out the good league form may not continue. Thankfully the run in fixtures look good.

2-1 up with 12 mins to go. Don't think anyone could have predicted we'd lose that.
Seriously? You couldn't predict that? Have you not seen our statistics of points lost from winning positions!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

What a lying **** Jenas is.

Both those BT Sport pundits, Jenas and that woman are gonna go home and have a chug over the win and the penalty.

Big dirty smirks from them both when it was suggested that Spurs were going out to Norwich next round.

How can you get a true reflection and analysis on the match when you’ve got Spurs a**e lickers giving their biased opinion and nobody propping up the Saints side?

Both those BT Sport pundits, Jenas and that woman are gonna go home and have a chug over the win and the penalty.

Big dirty smirks from them both when it was suggested that Spurs were going out to Norwich next round.

How can you get a true reflection and analysis on the match when you’ve got Spurs a**e lickers giving their biased opinion and nobody propping up the Saints side?

Plus... Ian Darke the match commentator is a Pompey fan.

but it still beats the sit back, create **** all and get ****ed by most of the league. We went for it big style and on another day we'd win handsomely. Spurs have some world class talent in the final third. They got between the lines on the odd occasion and that killed us.

I'M Gutted. Absolutely gutted to lose that.

Totally mate/pal, that's why I said "highly entertaining". Gutted as well though, tbf, so used to this type of thing year after year after year against big sides I'm sort of over it already. Life's too short and all that.

Jeans nothing but glowing about us. Our supporters are pathetically sensitive.

The sight of a player (Son) crawling around on the floor waving an imaginary card to try and influence the referee to book the opposition player is the most embarrassing sight.

That in itself should be a bookable offence.

It's childish, sad and pathetic.

Man up and grow a pair.

Yes, but the difference is that for the last few seasons we've often deserved to lose from winning positions due to mistakes. Since the 0-9 there's been a huge turn around mentally and we haven't been doing that. Tonight we didn't deserve to lose.

The problem now is with JWP and Cedric out the good league form may not continue. Thankfully the run in fixtures look good.

I agree with what you are saying but in the end we lost missing chances and conceding in the last 15 mins.

Were you confident we were going to win when we went 2 1 up I certainly was not and neither was the team

Probably we need a couple of players with the winning mentality