Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

I wonder what the score is with Danny Ings and Charlie Austin with regard to Insurance Cover which I understand most clubs take out (quite expensively) to cover the expense of losing valuable assets to injury.

Is injury insurance still relevant or do clubs self insure?

If the former, the exclusion clauses in both cases must be quite extensively.

I really wish Danny Ings well but to be valued at twice the Rodriguez money with more than twice the injury record either seems good business for Liverpool or symptomatic of the ridiculous hike in transfer fees.

Is he any good in the air as we need more of an aerial threat in the box?

Also who is our stand by right back now, hopefully not a left footed player like Target, McQueen or Bertrand?

Understand the market FFS. Do you see WBA letting him go for £10m?

If he stays fit this will be a good signing. If he doesn’t, we don’t have to buy him and the moaners will be happy with something else to complain about for a whole season

Everyone’s a winner

I think we've bought him mate.

We could give him a chance before writing him off....just a thought ;)

Has had some injuries but he may be ok now, time will tell...

some on this thread are an embarrassment.

And you watch, they will have the nerve to have a pop at me soon

at least you're consistent :o

Well I for one am excited about this signing. 20mis nothing these days for a player ,and next summer 20m will get you nothing. Danny has had bad luck with injuries but he gives me hope that he will make a big difference.

I notice Batman and Heisenberg are knocking him, well that gives me more hope, as they didn't rate Pelle

Well I for one am excited about this signing. 20mis nothing these days for a player ,and next summer 20m will get you nothing. Danny has had bad luck with injuries but he gives me hope that he will make a big difference.

I notice Batman and Heisenberg are knocking him, well that gives me more hope, as they didn't rate Pelle

Am I?

please show me where, cheers

Welcome.

Look forward to him doing well.

Adds another option up top and boy, we needed it

Am I?

please show me where, cheers

proof as ever that you played the man and not the ball

How about this for a shocking fact.... He has played only 14 times in three years at Liverpool! ........This is one Hell of a gamble

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He came back at the end of the season. So I assume he is back to fitness. If he has passed his medical, which in theory should be pretty tough considering the insurance company would need that, I can only assume he is fine. There will be safeguards for Saints in the deal, that is perhaps why it is initially a loan

IF he is the Danny Ings that I remember from his first PL season with Burnley then he could be a great signing, IIRC he was quick, hard working, with good feet and liked to run at people.

Big IF though. Two major knee injuries in each knee throughout his career so 4 in total, just have to hope the medical team were thorough.

The words from Klopp are encouraging as well.

The fee is much of muchness, £20 million is 4-5 years ago's £8 million

Not sure if 'Big Sam' was chatting crap or not, but when they were discussing this on SSN the presenter put it to him like - ''Ings and Austin, backup for each other as both have had injuries'' etc.

Big Sam then said ''It will be different with Ings. Austin has a problem whereby his knees are permanently damaged, he has to manage his training and take anti-inflammatories - so this is an on-going issue. Ings will be different as I understand he has been fully fit for a while now''

It was something like that anyway. Does this harp back to the time WHU tried to sign Austin and the dildo brothers said he has no cartilage in his knees? Obviously Sam (if this was when he was manager) would have been privy to any medical results..

As I have already stated above... He has had 5 serious long term injuries in his career.

However, when fit he is fantastic player with real talent. If it wasn't for the injuries we would have no hope signing him.

Hopefully the gamble pays off and the injuries are behind him but 4 serious knee injuries... I'm very skeptical. We sold Jay Rod after deciding he wasn't the same after one knee injury, not 4!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As I have already stated above... He has had 5 serious long term injuries in his career.

However, when fit he is fantastic player with real talent. If it wasn't for the injuries we would have no hope signing him.

Hopefully the gamble pays off and the injuries are behind him but 4 serious knee injuries... I'm very skeptical. We sold Jay Rod after deciding he wasn't the same after one knee injury, not 4!

I think the main difference there was that Jay-Rod's game prior to his knee injury was all about pace, which he had clearly lost when he finally overcame all the setbacks he had with his recovery. Ings is a different type of player who can offer more than just pace on the break.

I think the main difference there was that Jay-Rod's game prior to his knee injury was all about pace, which he had clearly lost when he finally overcame all the setbacks he had with his recovery. Ings is a different type of player who can offer more than just pace on the break.

I’d say Ings is just as much, if not more about, pace as Jrod.

If he's crocked within a fortnight we can all come back on here and moan. In the meantime, let's try and be a bit upbeat....if there's any part of the year we should all be up for it's this one. New season, some new faces...let's allow ourselves a couple of weeks of optimism with our team. Plus, it's Friday and not 30 degrees for once!

I am not as downbeat as some people on here about the Ings deal.

On his day he has shown to be a very good striker.

He has had a lot of long term knee injuries. But as far as I can see the only injuries last year were blisters and mild ankle injury. The money does seem high, but we don't know any clauses. It may be "we are obliged to buy only if his knees hold out".

No one apart from the chosen few know the technicalities of his contract.

I personally think he is a good striker, and I am quite optimistic.

If he's crocked within a fortnight we can all come back on here and moan. In the meantime, let's try and be a bit upbeat....if there's any part of the year we should all be up for it's this one. New season, some new faces...let's allow ourselves a couple of weeks of optimism with our team. Plus, it's Friday and not 30 degrees for once!
Where's the like button?

Liverpool must love us.. take all our best players and now palm us off with their rejects at a big price.

Don't see him as any better then what we already have slight upgrade on long maybe but at 18-20m wtf

He's better than what we had, in the sense that we only had 3 strikers. Now we have 4.

He's an upgrade on Carillo, without question. So that's a positive.

Liverpool must love us.. take all our best players and now palm us off with their rejects at a big price.

Don't see him as any better then what we already have slight upgrade on long maybe but at 18-20m wtf

The player he is replacing is carillo. In what world is he not better than carillo?

Bloody hell, the fans at our club really take the biscuit

He's better than what we had, in the sense that we only had 3 strikers. Now we have 4.

I think there's a chance I'd be an update on Carrillo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Five strikers. We've still got Gallagher and I hope he's not the one pushed out on loan, but the wages of the others make him mist likely.

If he does go out, hope it's a top Championship team.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The player he is replacing is carillo. In what world is he not better than carillo?

Well it's not difficult to be better then a player who couldn't get a game.. but that doesn't make this a good signing. Seems our fans celebrate every signing it is ok to have a honest opinion.. doubt many fans of other clubs are jealous of us signing ings

Bloody hell, the fans at our club really take the biscuit

Not just our fans, but fans from all clubs all over social media mocking the fact we sell Liverpool our top players and then take the unwanted stock at top £'s

Liverpool must absolutely love us.

If WHU signed Ings at £20m wed be absolutely stitching ourselves

I am not as downbeat as some people on here about the Ings deal.

On his day he has shown to be a very good striker.

He has had a lot of long term knee injuries. But as far as I can see the only injuries last year were blisters and mild ankle injury. The money does seem high, but we don't know any clauses. It may be "we are obliged to buy only if his knees hold out".

No one apart from the chosen few know the technicalities of his contract.

I personally think he is a good striker, and I am quite optimistic.

In a nutshell this sums up the situation but many idiots on here choose to assume the worst !

Because the current directors are not rated, it is assumed that no safeguards have been built and that would really would surprise me !

Why not ask for some details at the upcoming 'fans forum' and in the meantime, cut the negativity and support the team !!

Not just our fans, but fans from all clubs all over social media mocking the fact we sell Liverpool our top players and then take the unwanted stock at top £'s

Liverpool must absolutely love us.

If WHU signed Ings at £20m wed be absolutely stitching ourselves

you would be, but not more measured and reasonable fans. I recall your posts for the last few days mentioning how we weren't spending da da da.

We all have players we personally rate etc and the club rarely chooses players I would want, but Ings is a player that a club of our standing is in for. I prefer to buy English players rather than risking players from Monaco and all the other exotic places in the world.

20m is nothing into todays market and we have to have faith that the medical team have checked him thoroughly. He is a bargain if he stays fit.

As for other fans mocking us, I noticed on Twitter that the Liverpool fans were very respectful toward him and sang his praise. There againI don't visit other clubs sites looking to cause arguments

All I can say is that it's alright to say, 'Huh, smacks of desperation' and 'needed one for a long time' etc. But who is to say that we haven't been chasing our targets and just not getting anywhere?

Also, as he is playing for his 'team', who is to say he wont up his game for his 'team'.

I can't play for **** but would try and put in a shift for saints if I had to.

I welcome him coming, at least we know he has perm experience.

Lets hope eh? That's all we can do.