1 week to go, will Kruger, Koeman n Ko stick to their word?

Saint IQ

Spurs likely to step up interest in Jay and Morgan. Clubs surely interested in Cork.

Will they build up some trust from us after the window shuts or will they break their promises (again) and have even more people question if they are competent enough to run the club?

Meh, who gives a ****. If they go, they go. Saints have never been in a position to hold on to players that outgrow us (Le Tiss aside). We'll still be Saints, have new heroes and villains, ups and downs, joy and sadness. Then the cycle repeats, no use worrying about it, in fact I have a yoghurt that's about to pass it's sell by date...

I will wait to see if MS or whoever goes or stays (prefer the latter of course) - but whatever we look like on 02.09 so be it, this will be our reality and we'll just have to accept it and get on with it and leave the past behind.

.......and can't be branded a liar.

But this really does come across as being very pompous, I'm sure it wasn't intended as such but life can, at times, deal a bîtch of a hand and promises made can easily become promises broken - telling untruths doesn't come into it.

Spurs likely to step up interest in Jay and Morgan. Clubs surely interested in Cork.

Will they build up some trust from us after the window shuts or will they break their promises (again) and have even more people question if they are competent enough to run the club?

I don't think they will go this window, as it will go against the clubs official stance, they will both be out the door in January though as the club have then stuck to their word. Look people need to realise these players don't want to be at saints, you can argue about why that is, but it doesn't change the fact the want to move to a bigger club. I'd rather have players at the club that want to give everything this season than good players who couldn't care less....other peoples mileage will vary

I don't think they will go this window, as it will go against the clubs official stance, they will both be out the door in January though as the club have then stuck to their word. Look people need to realise these players don't want to be at saints, you can argue about why that is, but it doesn't change the fact the want to move to a bigger club. I'd rather have players at the club that want to give everything this season than good players who couldn't care less....other peoples mileage will vary

Morgan couldn't care less, but he forced a wondersave from mignolet against the dippers, and almost equalised in injury time. Two fantastic efforts that could have sent us home with three points on another day.

If we really want to sign Townsend, then we have to be prepared to give Totters what they need - Morgan and/or Jay. Such is life. :?

Absolute garbage. We are onto other targets. We won't sell then but please stop talking complete garbage.

I'm not against the board, but Kruger categorically said Morgan and Jay will be at southampton after the window closes. If they aren't then I'll be very annoyed. If they are he kept his promise and can't be branded a liar.

Well, lets just say, that they are prepared to sell one of both of them. Obviously, once that decision has been made, the priority is to optimise the price. The best way to do that is not to announce to the world that you might sell them, just to appease some fans on a forum. Not every business dealing can be transparent.

They'll stick to their word UNLESS they decide that any deal that sees him moving is for the overall betterment of the club. ie signing Clasie and strengthening the weaker positions on the team/squad.

I have no problem with that provided the fee is close to £30m. I'm not convinced we are going to get full value from him this season. I know the principle argument but I'm more drawn to the 'if it isn't working, move on' argument.

I apologise for being the only forum contributor who ever mentions our ex chairman.

So if I stop, no one will ever talk about him on here again, right?

What, that guy who signed up our manager with a £2M resignation clause and, according to media reports, had a verbal agreement that Morgan could leave this summer?

Fair point but hasn't this been discussed to death before.....hence the absence here of any new views or opinions. Those who think the earth is flat still think that way as do those who think it's round.

What shape it will be on September One is the important factor.

This whole forum is a pointless waste of time but it keeps us bellends out of misf and makes us feel important. For some of us these are the only friends we have :(

Jeez, that is one fooked up and sad post right there! If you consider some of the muppets on here friends, you don't need enemies! (-;

1st of September is judgement day, by request of Mr Krueger.

Still not got a complete team and we are unlikely to keep two more of our best players in my opinion. But hey, I will give the Boardroom until 1 Sep as requested.

My feeling too.

Time will reveal the answer.

Meh, who gives a ****. If they go, they go. Saints have never been in a position to hold on to players that outgrow us (Le Tiss aside). We'll still be Saints, have new heroes and villains, ups and downs, joy and sadness. Then the cycle repeats, no use worrying about it, in fact I have a yoghurt that's about to pass it's sell by date...

This.

Why worry, it's out of our hands. All we can do is moan,groan and support the team we DO have.

I think it's a difficult one actually. The thought was to keep them and they'll play at a decent level for us and then probably leave in January or next Summer. However, with the way Schneiderlin looks disinterested I guess what will happen is he won't put in the shift, Spurs will bid for him Jan for far less than now due to his form and we'll end up losing out.

For me what needs to happen is that we get a deal tied up for Schneiderlin now, Krueger takes the fall and we bring in Clasie. J Rod will stay until at least January I think (I also think it will take him a while to be the same player again but that's a different discussion).

Still not got a complete team and we are unlikely to keep two more of our best players in my opinion. But hey, I will give the Boardroom until 1 Sep as requested.

so we are on countdown to the biggest toy throwing event his board has seen

Thread title....1 week to go, will Kruger, Koeman n Ko stick to their word?

.....I hope that you'll give them more than a week to prove it .....

The continued, self-engrandising arrogance of some posters on here never ceases to amaze - be it deliberate or not! Fortunately their opinion is worth precisely what others have paid for it.

This....and it really is this simple....despite what has happened, the club still retain the final word on whether players get sold or not....[/QUOTE]

How very true

So, as they "had the final word" in getting rid of Shaw, Lallana, and Lovren, it means they were NOT interested in keeping them

If they had been, as they "had the final word", those players would still be here

As Schneiderlin is (ATM), which is strange, because he has the same Player Contract as the others had

Ralph The Ruthless spotted that, and held him to it (Til Sept 1 minimum )

Things change. Holding onto Schniederlin may have become almost impossible. Basically player power rules, chasing more lucre. I suggest we waste less time castigating the board and ill advised 'promises' and more on envisaging/supporting a new team and formation. And just hoping that Koeman has the draw to get the best possible squad together by Sept 1.

Things change. Holding onto Schniederlin may have become almost impossible. Basically player power rules, chasing more lucre. I suggest we waste less time castigating the board and ill advised 'promises' and more on envisaging/supporting a new team and formation. And just hoping that Koeman has the draw to get the best possible squad together by Sept 1.

Why may it have become almost impossible, can't see anything has changed in the last 7 days or so. If we're desperate for Townsend (why that would be I couldn't say) then we may have to let MS go, he certainly still wants to of course. There are other wingers, probably better or at least as good as Townsend so you'd have to think that if we do eventually engage in a MS/AT+Cash deal then it's because we wanted it that way.