Replacement for Hughes

Bad Wolf

I'd take a punt on Roberto De Zerbi (must have a small buyout).

From what I have seen so far from Sassuolo I have been very impressed by their play style. Very attacking but also very good at keeping the ball.

He is a young manager and still learning his trade so probably too early in his career to move abroad. But if we want a change in terms of style and the type of players we recruit and do something different I'd give him a go.

or we could start talking about replacement players. They are the problem. Horrible bunch.

I agree, but I don't trust our recruitment staff. Vestergaard looks like Bambi on ice, and for someone so tall he can't win a header to save his life. He had such a brilliant first game and has been awful ever since. Lemina looks awful, he probably came in the hope of playing well and getting a move to a big PL team but he's destined for the Championship, can't pass at all.

or we could start talking about replacement players. They are the problem. Horrible bunch.

This is the real problem - we have a mostly awful squad of players. Today it was Austin, Hoedt, Elynoussi, Armstrong, Vestgaard and even Redmond, Ings and Lemina who were so average or below average.

The problem we have now is that any manager that will make a significant difference is too high a calibre for us. Perhaps after Koeman, possibly even after Puel, but not now.

So we are left with candidates who are either a similar level or a risk. And I think the whole club is in such a mess that simply a different face is not the answer.

This is the real problem - we have a mostly awful squad of players. Today it was Austin, Hoedt, Elynoussi, Armstrong, Vestgaard and even Redmond, Ings and Lemina who were so average or below average.

Blame Les Reed for being allowed to assemble this awful squad. He picked that bunch and gave them those contract extensions. Blame Les Reed.

He assembled two squads, two summers running BEFORE he allowed Puel and Pelligrino near the Club, Shiite hook. Blame Les Reed. Get rid with Hughes.

It is not even attitude any more, I just don’t think 90% of them are ever good enough to play for Southampton Football Club.

McCarthy, who saved it being more, Bertrand, Ings, and I’m struggling after that. People can say ‘Hughes out’ but you can’t have a PL team with four players who are good enough, although his obesession with our worst ever player (Hoedt) is really resting my patience. Time Wesley got booed. His attitude is rank anyway and he can’t play football so no harm done there. Too early to definitely say on Vestergaard, Moi but early signs not good and Armstrong cheap and not cheerful.

Austin would struggle to get at game at Exeter in all honesty, Lemina decent maybe in the Championship but such a rapid decline from this time last year, JWP solid Championship, Soares ditto, Stephens more League One level. Targett, feel sorry for him that Wilson and Reed messed up his move to a better club. Romeu bottom half Championship. Gabbi not sure, don’t think we play to his strengths. Long League One player.

Hoedt is Wessex League.

Changing Hughes won't make much difference. The bad old habits have returned throughout the club and it starts at the top. Sparky isn't a bad manager, not the best but certainly not the worst but in this culture even a good manager would be thwarted.

The Guardian article was spot on, we are the new Villa, boring, bland, tedious, we don't care about losing or entertaining just as long as we scrape above relegation. That is now the height of our ambition because that is all the chairman cares about. The guy has no history with the club and no connection to the fans. Doesn't even spend much time here.

Just take a look at the championship, 6 points separate 15 teams. That's a decent league - not the dysfunctional premiership. We may have to take a step down to change the culture.

It is not even attitude any more, I just don’t think 90% of them are ever good enough to play for Southampton Football Club.

McCarthy, who saved it being more, Bertrand, Ings, and I’m struggling after that. People can say ‘Hughes out’ but you can’t have a PL team with four players who are good enough, although his obesession with our worst ever player (Hoedt) is really resting my patience. Time Wesley got booed. His attitude is rank anyway and he can’t play football so no harm done there. Too early to definitely say on Vestergaard, Moi but early signs not good and Armstrong cheap and not cheerful.

Austin would struggle to get at game at Exeter in all honesty, Lemina decent maybe in the Championship but such a rapid decline from this time last year, JWP solid Championship, Soares ditto, Stephens more League One level. Targett, feel sorry for him that Wilson and Reed messed up his move to a better club. Romeu bottom half Championship. Gabbi not sure, don’t think we play to his strengths. Long League One player.

Hoedt is Wessex League.

This. 100%

To me it's a combination of poor players, old fashioned manager and an abundance of goalkeeping coaches - this last point is madness. I don't see anything improving and fear that we will wait until we find ourselves in a really desperate position before changing. How those responsible can continually make such poor appointments is beyond me and like many others I think the likes of Les reed have had one chance too many.

Changing Hughes won't make much difference. The bad old habits have returned throughout the club and it starts at the top. Sparky isn't a bad manager, not the best but certainly not the worst but in this culture even a good manager would be thwarted.

Agree with you. Thankfully I missed the game today.

Fans need to vote with feet, stop buying merchandise down tools and make a stand. Saints fans are weak minded time to put foot down. Kruegar and Reed need to go. Break the bank get Mitchell back, Secondly get in a manager who can setup a defence properly.... Get the team organised instill a bit of fight and make the team hard to beat. Way I see it we do not have the greatest creative attacking options. So we need to Get men behind the ball compact the back and make it hard for opponents to break is down and play counter attacking methology. Right now our defence is a shambles no leadership, disorganized, it's like we are scared... Cannot deal with opponents applying pressure. The manager currently is making stupid decisions.... Why no Yoshida?. Why continue to play Austin? He is knackered after 20 minutes and offers nothing.... It's about time we give Sam G some games. Why are we holding on to so many average players that have been average for two seasons and hoping that they will suddenly flourish and become at a minimum consistent? Face reality least half of this team we have currently should of been sold.

I would rather watch a team of young up and coming championship players with a combination of our own younger players than the spineless, passionless, rubbish we get served up on a weekly basis..

What happened to pride to wear the colours? What happened to the heart? Giving it your all? The mentality of this team is wrong full of egos and weak minded players. Some of these players need a reality check look in the mirror because they are not as good as they think they are or have been told. I am baffled at how some of our players can be considered premiership standard?

Can we recall Boufal? Technically he is our best player I just wish he had the right attitude because a creative player like him with the right mentality is what we are crying out for.

As for Hughes get rid he isn't the man to take us forwards we need somebody young and progressive with fire.

We desperately lacked creativity last year so what did we go and do? Flog our most creative player. Armstrong looks way out of his depth, if he was Prem standard he would have looked like Messi playing for Celtic in their league. Mo might turn out to be decent but looks like he will take time to get used to the Prem. **** knows what options we will have if Redmond gets injured, Davis? JWP? Niether of them have the pace or skills to cause problems at this level.

Reed needs to go, to end up within the creative options we have after the money he has had to play with is criminal. How much exactly did we waste on Boufal and Carrillo? Clubs our size can’t afford to **** that sort of money away.