Yan Valery - Official: Signs for Angers

SuperSAINT

I'm not sure what some of you expect? Were you all great in your chosen field, at 18, I doubt it. He is a nipper, and in my humble opinion, he will be a very good player. Watched the whole match over here in Oz, and he looked very composed, and is growing in stature every game.

At the game today and these were exactly my thoughts.

One of my mates put 75 quid on him getting booked ....... typically he avoided doing anything stupid.

We were praying for him to score and get booked for taking his shirt off celebrating, or even just plain time wasting in the painful added on time ...but alas it was not to be!!

Your mate has more money than sense.

The lad will get better with games.

I'm not sure what some of you expect? Were you all great in your chosen field, at 18, I doubt it. He is a nipper, and in my humble opinion, he will be a very good player. Watched the whole match over here in Oz, and he looked very composed, and is growing in stature every game.

Exactly this. The expectation of 'fans' is ridiculous. He's a kid who's played limited u23 football against kids. To go from that tk the Premier league and look no worse than our Portuguese euro winner regular right back is astonishing. Of course he looks raw at times, that's cos he is. He's learning his trade every game but game by game he's getting better.

Exactly this. The expectation of 'fans' is ridiculous. He's a kid who's played limited u23 football against kids. To go from that tk the Premier league and look no worse than our Portuguese euro winner regular right back is astonishing. Of course he looks raw at times, that's cos he is. He's learning his trade every game but game by game he's getting better.

Completely agree. The thing that I like about him is that he is not afraid to get stuck in and be physical with the opposition, something that Cedric simply cannot do. Looks like he has a football brain on him, and with good coaching from RH will only get better.

Not really getting him myself. Still yet to see anything from him going forward and for this position it's part of the job. Don't agree with him looking no worse the Cedric either, Cedric is faster better going forward better on the ball, and a better defender.. only thing valery may be better on is heading the ball ?

Not really getting him myself. Still yet to see anything from him going forward and for this position it's part of the job. Don't agree with him looking no worse the Cedric either, Cedric is faster better going forward better on the ball, and a better defender.. only thing valery may be better on is heading the ball ?

Didn't think Cedric was particularly good when he came on for Targett yesterday, a few times he managed to flick the ball out of play when trying to run up the line, maybe it's because he was over on the left.

I think it's a bit much to be expecting Valery to be a top right back straight away, would like to see his crossing improve as when he gets in though dangerous positions there's no real threat from him.

I've said it before but will say it again , He's held his place at right back in our best run for ages and still people don't rate him !!??

Strange way of looking at it, Liverpool won a champions league with djimi traore does that make him a great player? Or would it mean we should all rate long if we were having a few good results with him in the side ?

I'm just judging on what I have seen from him individually in the games.. I'm not against the youngsters either like was impressed with tyreke against derby.. thought he put in some cracking balls.. and obafemi also looks explosive

Thought he lacked quality today in the first half. Too easy for Everton to get the ball across. Going forward offers very little.

Didn't get to see the second half though. Was he any better?

I thought he'd been poor until Saturday and played well against Everton - much higher tempo, more involved, more confident and less stupid fouling. Still not sure he's good enough at the moment but he's shown improvement already. Oh, he can't head though. At all.

yeap thought his game against everton was his best since being in the team. he needs to work on his attacking play but he wont need us lot to be telling him that.

i would say though that ramsay seems to have more of a pass on him, anyone know if he is more of a cb or rb?

• 2 weeks later...

Quite useful going forward again today, although hasn't yet found a man with the couple of crosses he's had, mainly due to good Cardiff defending.

Defensively though, he doesn't get tight enough to the attacking player for my liking and allows crosses too easily. My only criticism really.

Amongst all the doom and gloom from yesterday, the one big positive to come out of that game was Valery's performance.

Thought he was excellent all round and just looked to have a lot more confidence. Good defensively and far more of a threat going forward than we have seen so far. Shame he didn't score with that run into the box but a very encouraging performance.

Amongst all the doom and gloom from yesterday, the one big positive to come out of that game was Valery's performance.

Thought he was excellent all round and just looked to have a lot more confidence. Good defensively and far more of a threat going forward than we have seen so far. Shame he didn't score with that run into the box but a very encouraging performance.

dont think he put in a single cross

yet deemed to be 'excellent'

Matt Murray, covering the game on Sky tonight just said "Really, really good player".

Good lad.

Any comments from people watching the game?

Apart from one run he was/is dreadful! Has no positional sense at all. Spent the whole game ‘marking’ their back when we had procession and needed him to be showing for a pass. Terrible end of.

Yep he was always looking to make himself available on the overlap when we got possession.

Gaining valuable experience, improving with each game, and even the sending off which luckily didn't cost us any points will hopefully prove to be a major learning point.

Not sure which game you were at?

He was always far too advanced to overlap or receive a pass.

Apart from one run he was/is dreadful! Has no positional sense at all. Spent the whole game ‘marking’ their back when we had procession and needed him to be showing for a pass. Terrible end of.
Sorry. This really is sub-standard trolling.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Don't talk **** he was arguably the best player on the pitch !

Thought it was his best game yesterday, I've been a critic of his, more because I didn't think he was ready, rather than him not having ability. Possibly still not ready but these games will do him good, you can see his confidence growing each game. Pity he's been forced into a relegation battle.

The run into the box yesterday was brilliant and I think it was pretty damning on cardiff when, a few minutes later their player put in that crunching tackle designed to put the 'little boy back in his place'

• 2 weeks later...

Throat clearing: only saw today's first half via a stream.

Seems to be gaining confidence going forward though. Ball close to his feet and a lovely run to get past players into a dangerous position. Defensively thought he was a little tighter against the opponent than I have previously criticised him for (but still not as effective as Cedric in this area in my opinion, preventing crosses and important passes in and around the box).

Anyone at the game shed any light?

Edited by Manuel

He's already better than Cedric.

He's a kid who has been thrown in at the deep end.

I'm not worried when he's playing.

Seems to love a dribble forwards and is arguably a bit greedy but great talent to have - doesn't quite have the quality with his balls into the box, but not much for him to aim for in the middle anyway.

Defensively I think he is ok, but we do have a poor back line in general.

This guy is getting better and better each game, taking on players, step overs and acceraration is improving each time.

Will he be in high demand at the end of the season? I’m pretty sure the top 6 have got an eye on him as he is starting to show the same kind of talent that Gareth Bale did when we had him.

This guy is getting better and better each game, taking on players, step overs and acceraration is improving each time.

Will he be in high demand at the end of the season? I’m pretty sure the top 6 have got an eye on him as he is starting to show the same kind of talent that Gareth Bale did when we had him.

:lol:

Why do some say these things

He is pretty average at the mo. Nothing to suggest anyone decent will snap him up.

Leave him be

Not sure what many people are watching. He was our worst player last night and stood out as way out of his depth.

You can see our players don’t rate him as they are very reluctant to give him the ball when he’s an option on the right.. when he makes himself available that is. Very dopey player

But he’s a youngster so it’s the Southampton way right?

Not sure what many people are watching. He was our worst player last night and stood out as way out of his depth.

You can see our players don’t rate him as they are very reluctant to give him the ball when he’s an option on the right.. when he makes himself available that is. Very dopey player

But he’s a youngster so it’s the Southampton way right? ��

Obviously watching a different game than you...the reason as explained elsewhere was that Fulham gave Bertrand and Redmond the freedom of the park but don't let that tactic hide your dislike of him - your view is plainly wrong and rubbish IMO.

He was helping Bednarek a lot and talking to him all the tiime - nothing about academy just the fact he is the only option we currently have and he is doing ok just that ok good defensively needs work going forward.

Are the you the gobsh1te a few rows behind me who delights in yelling ‘get it forward’ and has no fcking understanding of the game whatsoever?

Sounds like it

Very true post without hype and only actually assessing the player in all he does and that’s very little!

Nowhere near good enough for this team.

No positional sense outside of his own half. Man U will block off the service to Bertrand and Valery will be nowhere to be seen.

Not so bad at defending but the rest is plain terrible.

[emoji23]

Goes to show, that you have no clue about football, and what a footballer is. The boy is clearly a talent, but it's to be expected on here, for posters to slag off our youngsters. Thank fook you and your like, don't pick the team.

Edited by Gingeletiss

Goes to show, that you have no clue about football, and what a footballer is. The boy is clearly a talent, but it's to be expected on here, for posters to slag off our youngsters. Thank fook you and your like, don't pick the team.

He completed one pass in the first half from a total of 3. Those are official statistics but don’t let that cloud your judgement

I thought everyone bar him had a good game last night.

For what it’s worth I rate Slattery, like what I’ve seen of Obafemi when fit.. this isn’t having a go at our youngsters

None of you having a go at my post have had anything constructive to argue against my point other than insults. Very strange bunch most of our fans

• Lighthouse changed the title to Yan Valery - Official: Signs for Angers