I see they've signed Scapuzzi and Rekik from City on loan.

Haven't heard of Rekik but Scapuzzi looked very good at Oldham. But, then again, it was Oldham.

Send out there own kids and get in someone elses......i`m guessing the pompey kids must be s h i t e then??

Two in on loan from Man Citeh until the end of the season. :toppa:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Manchester-City-Pair-Sign-3263.aspx

Oh, and here's something from someone else who thinks we're pretty good. Merson: "they were the best fans I ever played in front of if I'm honest. You used to get 19,000 down there and it would feel like 100,000 people."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17445131

All lies of course. As we all know, attendance is everything. Nothing else matters....

Edited by pfc123

Pompey have signed two Manchester City youngsters on loan for a month, subject to Premier League clearance.

You really are a thick skate muppet....read it........whoops! sorry i forgot all the same down there...trouble with reading..illiterate central

The latest money making ruse from the skates

As the season enters its final straight, we need your help to secure £30,000 for Pompey courtesy of a new competition from npower.

All you have to do is visit the title sponsor’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/npowerFootballLeague to grab your seat in the Fanpower Stadium application and start making noise about Pompey on Facebook and Twitter.

The virtual stadium is made up of all 72 Football League clubs and each outfit has been given a target number of sign-ups based on their average attendance*.

The first club in each division to hit this figure will win £10,000 from npower.

Pompey’s golden figure is 14,545, so get on to http://www.facebook.com/npowerFootballLeague now and get your friends and family to do the same!

Plus, there is a further £20,000 prize per division up for grabs for the club that makes the most ‘noise’ on average once inside the stadium.

Running until June 1 2012, the more ‘mentions’ and ‘status updates’ on Facebook that include Pompey first-team players’ surnames, the manager’s surname, Fratton Park, Portsmouth and Pompey – as well as ‘check-ins’ to Fratton Park – you make, the more chance we have of securing the money.

The same also applies to your Twitter accounts with points given per mention, so help support Pompey and make some noise now!

Let’s show the rest of the Football League why we have the best fans in the land.

*Club figures are based upon average home attendance figures during the 2011/12 season up until 30th January 2012. Ts&Cs apply

From official skate web site

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Manchester-City-Pair-Sign-3263.aspx

Oh, and here's something from someone else who thinks we're pretty good. Merson: "they were the best fans I ever played in front of if I'm honest. You used to get 19,000 down there and it would feel like 100,000 people."

All lies of course. As we all know, attendance is everything. Nothing else matters....

Wow, two players I've never heard of. Go you.

This is what I love about the skates, they actually think getting to the end of the season is actually the end of the trauma, instead of the real beginning.

Thick ****s

Merson: "they were the best fans I ever played in front of if I'm honest. You used to get 19,000 down there and it would feel like 100,000 people."

You're going to take Paul Merson's word for it are you? The former drug addict and alcoholic? The man accused of rape? Yeah okay then, takes one to know one I guess.

They are loans for a Month...Try reading it before you post.....Dumbass

Edited by Lifelongsaint83

:facepalm:

you are a cretin. i would've put my house on you coming on here within 10 minutes of them signing

two in on loan from man citeh until the end of the season. :toppa:

Pompey have signed two manchester city youngsters on loan for a month, subject to premier league clearance.

You really are a thick skate muppet....read it........whoops! Sorry i forgot all the same down there...trouble with reading..illiterate central

Oh yes, you're right- I got it completely wrong, they're won't be available for the last er, ONE game. :facepalm:

I'm sure Millwall were very impressed with the 150 or so you took to their place earlier in the season...

As for the Henry love in at Fratton, thanks for bringing that up again. One of the most vomit inducing things I've ever witnessed. Your team is getting absolutely humped and you lot were singing/w*nking yourselves into a frenzy over their star player. Utterly cringeworthy, I felt embarrassed for you.

Pompeys attendance was swelled by plastic premier league football fans from the south, so the Henry love-in is completely understandable as it was the only player a lot of the home crowd could recognise from Sky Sports.

On the same matter, it would have been very easy for fans to blend in with the locals support and follow the rythm of TCWTB (symbol of pompey support). The one that really stands out is the Rickie Lambert SGM of ours which the skates had a go at... all you get is the 'lyrics' der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der, deeerr, der, deeer... der, der, der ... bloody hell im sure you get my point! In fact most of their songs use the words der/doo/daa etc with one big shout of 'portsmouth' at the end, so very very easy for premier league fans to join in whilst watching Man U, Arse etc. The PUP song is pretty easy to mimick too.

s4c41v.jpg

Bestest fans in the whole wide world on the left, Poorly supported Southampton on the right. LOL

What an excellent illustration of the bestestest fans in the hole wurrrldz ™ and southamptons modest and proud away support.

Can we stop humouring the troll now and focus on the hilarity?

The Saints Foundation has raised £1m for charitable causes over the last 12 months. What do Portsmouth do with charities?

http://www.civilsociety.co.uk/fundraising/news/content/11887/southampton_football_foundation_raises_1m

They present the children’s cancer charities jumbo cheques on the pitch in front of the fratton faithful/few, then never pay them a penny.

Great effort by saints but we have a long way to go before we are like super pompey family club of the universe and defaulter of charities and small creditors!

In fact, thinking about that million from the foundation, there really is no comparison between the clubs... they are entire generations apart now. Pompey are more like Aldershot, Gillingham, Bompey etc

Poor old Coventry et al, trying to be prudent and solvent. Come to think about it administration provides clubs like pompey a further opportunity to cheat as they dont have to pay for any running cost or upkeep. Not paying the staff, not paying stewards, defaulting all bills and screwing them in the CVA, players defering wages.

As a result of this (and voldermorts begging) you can pay out hotels, food etc for your loan signings, even if you owe the tax man millions.

Your top hat makes me chuckle, but what will really split my sides is Chinny galloping back into town with Gaddy charging up behind him... reclaiming the land that is legally theirs, and looking to claw back all that cash you owe them (including Gaddys £6k PW car park rent) that would be priceless.

ErhGF.jpg

Oh yes, you're right- I got it completely wrong, they're won't be available for the last er, ONE game. :facepalm:

You seem to have forgotten to mention the new guy straight from the footballing mecca that is Kettering....

Surely you've not forgotten him already.

I wish you luck with your new Citeh players though, I'm sure they'll be amazing for you ;)

You really believe that don't you? You're going to be so disappointed.....

Most of us are hoping Pompey will survive on life support for many more months to come. I'll be more disappointed if they go pop before then.

As we all know, attendance is everything. Nothing else matters....

Lots of things matter! Having good players! Doing well in the league! Winning football matches! Having a good stadium! Having a club to support next season!

All quiet from Birch lately......has he found some money down the back of the

sofa in the players "lounge" where TBH usually sits?

He's probably busy cracking open a bottle of chilled Remy Martins with Dan Williams and hatching a joint takeover plan as we speak...

1nthner

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 02:48 PM THERE ARE 2 1st YEAR SCHOOLARS AT FRATTON PARK THAT NOBODY IS GIVING A CHANCE, Mr APPLETON LOOKED AT THEM OVER THE XMAS PERIOD AND SINCE THEN THEY HAVE BEEN LEFT TO???????????????????????? even though they have been out on loan and have inproved in the last 3 month's they have still been left to ?????????????????? HAS Mr APPLETON LOOKED AT THEM SINCE XMAS OR HAS ANYONE WATCHED THEM WHILE ON LOAN, I DON'T THINK SO, THEY ARE AS GOOD AND BETTER THAN WHAT THEY ARE BRINGING THROUGH THE SYSTEM,

Merson? The ex-alcoholic, cokehead? Who's played for Arsenal, Walsall, Villa and M'Boro, all really famed for the noise they make. When you've got a big game you make a fair amount of noise, the rest of the time your support is dire, as shown by no end of examples on here. The Skates always try this when desperate "but we're the loudest", always a sign you've really got nothing left..... Edited by Sour Mash
Yep, we're in real trouble aren't we? We're in such a lot of trouble that we turned down £15million from Tottenham for Diarra before the window closed. And before anyone says that was a Redknapp lie, no-one from Spurs ever refuted that statement.......

Even if all the above turns out to be true, we've still had the best five years most of us have ever seen. **** it, if it all fell apart tomorrow It's still been brilliant......

You're gonna hate this but from a different viewpoint a lot of your arguments about support are down to the fact that most of you have been spoilt for the last 30 odd years.

How many of you on here remember 10+ seasons of lower league football before you got back up after the cup win? Not many I would guess. So most of you only remember top flight football. The lower leagues are a bit of a shock aren't they? After the initial optimism of a swift return to the premiership fades, the harsh reality begins to sink in.

You don't get anywhere near the same amount of quality football, you don't get the same publicity, glamour, income or attendances.

You DO get loads more misplaced passes, poor tackling, shooting, goalkeeping, defending, and overall I can see that it must feel pretty **** after 27 years in the top flight?

So people start to complain. At first it's a poor team, a lack of investment. Then it's the players attitude, the stewarding, the expensive programme. As it gets worse you find more and more reasons to complain: You can't sit in one of the corners anymore, the replica kit is too expensive, and that bird with the big tits in the snack bar in the Northam has left to get a proper job somewhere else.

So how do you motivate yourself to really support the team with all this going on? Not easy.

The flip side is us. I started watching Pompey in 1974. We were **** then, and went onto become really **** and deeply **** in rapid succession. From 1974 onwards I endured 24 years of **** and just 5 where we were actually promoted or nearly promoted. So when the good times did come along we went ****ing mad. It was fantastic, something to be really treasured and appreciated. We were getting crowds of 23-25k in the old div 4 when the agony of the 70's decline was finally turned around.

A lot of you on here almost NEED to go through a lot more agony than the last three years before you'll be ready to really appreciate and grab hold of the upturn whenever it comes. If it takes you as long as us, god help you because it's a miserable existance. The only consolation is that it will feel so, so sweet when it finally happens.......

We are not £90m in debt. We're in debt, but I understand that it's less than half that. Still a millstone round our necks admittedly, but serviceable (just) all the time the sky money rolls in, although I think the urgency to raise more finance is cranking up a bit with the South African bank loan story now doing the rounds.

To be honest you'd be better off sharing with Eastleigh and upgrading their ground. You don't want to come to FP, we wouldn't want you there and the joint ground in Fareham idea dies quickly every time it's raised......

I could go on, but you're not worth it

The loan players are probably arrogant ****s who have been sent to toughen them up and make them realise that if they don't pull their fingers out they'll end up in a crap set-up like Portsmouth.

Blackpool have invested their Premiership money in infrastructure, even Stevenage welcomed their recent FA cup bonus as it would help them improve their facilities. Portsmouth rented a shipping container for their cones at somebody else's training ground and then failed even to pay the rent for that...

I could go on, but you're not worth it

Well obviously I am, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted all that time trawling back through my previous posts.

I'll remember just one of yours though, the one about how you'll be: "...taking the prem by storm."

So, seriously- you're going to win it are you?

PFC123 has returned... did they win a game or something?

Yeah, but we're not quite sure what'll bring Ho back. It's a shame Mero and Mack don't pop in: I think most of us feel sorry for the likes of them, and it's always easier to discuss things with intelligent people (leaving aside spelling!).

Well obviously I am, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted all that time trawling back through my previous posts.

I'll remember just one of yours though, the one about how you'll be: "...taking the prem by storm."

will try but one thing is for sure we will not go broke trying to buy success on the back of local charities and businesses

TROLL

shut up you c*nt. Ever heard the phrase 'figure of speech'?

You really are a f*cking mong

It took about 6 clicks, glad I bothered. It was only then that I realised how much of a troll you are. You only registered on here to troll in our relegation season, worked out pretty well for you didn't it? You are a sad pathetic low life internet nerd who's biggest excitement is to come and gloat about how you've broken the rules yet again to sign 2 players nobody outside of oldham has ever heard of

Every time there is a crumb of positivity you come on here telling us all how you'll be fine etc etc do you really think anyone on here gives a **** what you think?

Yeah, but we're not quite sure what'll bring Ho back. It's a shame Mero and Mack don't pop in: I think most of us feel sorry for the likes of them, and it's always easier to discuss things with intelligent people (leaving aside spelling!).

No problem with either of those 2.. they're a good laugh

Ho is still here, he just pretending to stay away by not logging in as ho

Hi Steve :wave: how's the family?

You really believe that don't you? You're going to be so disappointed.....

So what do you think will happen then? As far as I can see you have no buyer in sight, not even any half-interested bidders (or at least none that could be taken seriously). Unless you get a load of players off your books altogether you'll still be haemorrhaging money, and there's always the minor matter of a charge on Fratton Park and a debenture against the club, plus ownership of the land surrounding Fratton Park.

Or are you assuming liquidation and rebirth? And, if so, at what level and at what ground? It won't be Football League, it won't be at Fratton Park - or do you think otherwise?

Given your constant comments such as that above, I'd love to know how you think things will pan out - and a pat "We'll be fine" won't do it. What do you foresee happening?

It's the hope that will kill them.... Brilliant!!!

What odds on it going to the last game of the season, with them needing us beating Coventry for them to survive (having already won the championship) ...... West brom 05 anyone????

Can't wait to see all the fans balling their eyes out on the last game of the season.....

Given that:

a) We would not be in the same league as them the following season

b) Even staying in the championship may not stop them going into liquidation.

I think that in that situation we should play to win. No better way to show how large the difference is between the clubs.

Though ideally the last day scenario would be for Coventry to lose and them to win for them to stay up and that we completed our part but they failed to win.

Ideal scenario would be win the championship at Middlesboro, then a week later parade the trophy round SMS, let Coventry win to send the skates down which results in liquidation.

No, No, No. You are sinking to their level. Just imaging the level of confusion and mixed emotions if we saved them? They would be scarred for life.

PFC123 is ok and I'm glad he's allowed to post on here. He's quite amusing at times. Mero, Mack and Linvoy's were good also but they have disappeared. I don't mind Ho either just for the laughs.

At least this site doesn't ban Pompey posters unlike POL which does ban moderate Saints posters.

1nthner

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 02:48 PM THERE ARE 2 1st YEAR SCHOOLARS AT FRATTON PARK THAT NOBODY IS GIVING A CHANCE, Mr APPLETON LOOKED AT THEM OVER THE XMAS PERIOD AND SINCE THEN THEY HAVE BEEN LEFT TO???????????????????????? even though they have been out on loan and have inproved in the last 3 month's they have still been left to ?????????????????? HAS Mr APPLETON LOOKED AT THEM SINCE XMAS OR HAS ANYONE WATCHED THEM WHILE ON LOAN, I DON'T THINK SO, THEY ARE AS GOOD AND BETTER THAN WHAT THEY ARE BRINGING THROUGH THE SYSTEM,

I think i understand but. Please re-write this using the correct grammar and type (not all capitals). Then it may make sense.

Dear skate morons.

Stop making yourselves look even MORE like a bunch of w@nkers than you already are.

You think the answer is to haranque us on attendance - ROFL

You think the answer is berate us about your "TM" intimidating Atmosphere. ROFL - EVERY Football Club in THE WORLD can put on an Intimidating Atmosphere.

You think you were noisy? You should have heard the noise in Anderlecht. (Oh where were you when that was going on?) Or MORE so in the home game?

You should have heard the noise in Bucharest.

You only take a small number but they make a lot of noise? Ha You should have heard the noise the 300 made in Marseille as we were Shot at and charged by 30,000 morons. You should have seen the fans laying on stretchers at the Airport on Drips - STILL SINGING

Keep opening your fingers you morons. All you can show in regard to the Atmosphere is Paul Merson and Thierry Henry? :lol:

Well here is an answer F\/ck off. We were there WAY before you even dreamed of getting you webbed fingers to work on a Keyboard

Pick your own choice it is not that difficult

You are "Intimidating", well of course you are - because you are DINOSAURS. The opposition aren't intimidated by a few multi fingered mongs, they are scared in case pieces of the STADIUM fall off. |Intinidating" went out with the Dinosaurs of the Millwall fans that destroyed Luton's ground on TV, the Leeds Fans who - well.

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE 1970'S WITH YOU LOT. The World game has moved on.

http://www.google.ae/search?q=The+Dell+%2B+Intimidating+%2B+Southampton&hl=ar&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SMSN_en___GB373&prmd=imvns&ei=c4hrT4XbN8Wn0QWZ0JDOBg&start=0&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=799

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/news/gareth-southgate-southampton-manchester-utd2487/

Saints' old home was a world away from the modern surroundings of Old Trafford. The changing rooms were inhospitable, and the fans were so close to the pitch that if you mis-timed a tackle you ended up in the third row of the stand.

The Dell was an intimidating to place to play

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/fb_news.php?storyid=11082&title=great_fa_cup_matches_v_man_utd_-_1977

have to say though that I have rarely encountered such an intimidating atmosphere at the Dell as that day

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Beatt+rocks+Wenger+boys%3B+SOUTHAMPTON....3+Beattie+45,+59...-a094572392

WHEN Southampton moved from the Dell to St Marys last season there were fears that the gripping, intimidating atmosphere of the old ground could not be recaptured.

How foolish those fears are now proving, as Arsenal discovered yesterday when the league leaders were overwhelmed not just by the 11 men they faced on the pitch, but the admirable, passionate crowd who willed the home crowd to a memorable victory.

Oh and Atmosphere or fans?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/southampton/

The stadium has (contrary to other reports) a great atmosphere and the facilities are first class. I particularly commend the Club for the friendliness of their staff, from the stewards to the catering staff. Even as I left the stadium, a steward wished me an enjoyable journey home! Considering that away supporters are almost treated with contempt at some other clubs, this was a refreshing change. Coupled with the relaxed attitude of the home supporters and the excellent facilities, they to me makes a visit to St Mary's one of the better days out in the League

Phil Jones adds; 'There was an excellent view from all around the ground and the atmosphere was good. I was impressed by their having toilet facilities around the perimeter of the ground which are accessible prior to the turnstiles opening. Well done Southampton, it's the little touches like these, for the fans comfort and enjoyment of the day, which make all the difference'.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14929

For a crap team they have a superb new stadium which creates the best atmospehere I have witnessed in ages

Oh, unlike the phew who post on here who TOLD us that they are special because they applauded Henry, you will note that not ONE of the articles I quoted is written by

Anyone associated with Saints

ie it is INDEPENDENT

ie IT IS NOT SOMETHING WE MADE UP

they only need 1,000 at Coventry because as Merson says, they are the bestest he's ever heard....

Though in fairness.....when he said that, he was hanging upside down in his seatbelt spewing cheap lager and amphetamines all over the dash of his smashed up Merc on the M40 - so perhaps as a character witness, his opinion on anything will be as sought after as a Christmas single by Myra Hindley and Gary Glitter.

He's just lucky the other great fratton favourite Uncle Avram didn't wander by while the plucky little addict was hanging there all helpless, confused....and pretty....he'd have soon cleared his airways for him.

Oh yes, the gropey old coaching genius would've taken him right up the nearest sliproad.

They couldn't take Merson's spirit!!

No, but they did take his licence - and his street cred.

Looks like Coventry don't trust them to pay for more than 1,000, bet they are looking forward to seeing all these new Prem players playing against them - that transfer embargo for missed tax is working a treat. :?

It's like the last administration when they just ignored it and flicked the Vs - come on you Sky Blues, go Robins go - looks like justice will only be dished out on the pitch.

Bring on the derby -the one at the silent under-populated St Fairies in little Delhi, the ground repossessed by the council because we've missed tax payments since the dock strike and the support of the Final Solution, the ground where we give out free tickets to asylum seekers, terrorists and the unemployed, and boo our own team in the warm-up etc.

The few are in for a fricking shock next month if they believe all the myths.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})