LOL- So they will never get told how much cash was involved .......what a surprise

Governance.

The PST sub-group set up following the PST AGM to look at the issue of PST and PFC governance is near to presenting its findings and recommendations. The sub group has Ken Malley and Mark Farwell from the PST Board as well as PST Secretary Tony Foot involved along with the PST Members who brought the motion at the AGM and any other Members who wanted to be involved. The PST Board will hold a special board meeting to review their findings prior to an EGM which must happen before the end of March for PST Members to attend discuss and vote on these proposals.

- PST Communications

The all new PST website is due for launch in the next couple of weeks. It will be a huge step forwards as a communication tool, linking to twitter feeds and facebook as well as having all the latest PST news. PST Spokesperson John Kimble will be very hands on in keeping communications flowing - something the PST is aware has not always been the case in the past. It will be the go to place for all the important documents (Board Meeting minutes, Shareholders Agreements etc) as well as having profiles of all the people involved with the PST and contact information.

- Tesco

This is what I posted on The News site a few days ago in reply to questions on there:

Stuart Robinson's development company Point Estates (PEL) owns the land around Fratton Park. This was bought in a totally separate deal from that of the PST's bid to buy Pompey.

When Robinson surfaced as the possible buyer of the land, the PST bid team lobbied him to become 'pro-PFC' in doing so he ended up being one of the Presidents investing a six figure sum in the club.

No one is under any illusion, Robinson is here to develop the land and get a return. To do so he needs to develop it, but due to PCC's Portsmouth Plan, any development must not restrict the growth of PFC and and restrict an enlarged stadium.

Therefore PEL have worked with PFC and PCC to determine what covers that planning requirement in terms of land and money.

The sum of money will not be enough to rebuild the entire ground - it's always been stated it would be a sum to be spent on the ground as the club sees fit. It can be used to go towards a new stand.

Commercial sensitivity in the deal comes from Tesco - in such developments other supermarkets will look to make legal challenges, so the deal is confidential between Tesco and PEL with PFC and PCC being interested parties who have a big input on how they feel the planning requirements can be met.

A deal has now been put together which is felt to be good for all parties, however it will then have to go through the planning process and PCC will ultimately be the judge as to whether the deal satisfies the planning requirements.

The deal sees land currently owned by Robinson given to the club as well as a cash sum. The extent of the land will be seen once the planning application goes in - people will be able to comment on that at that stage. The money side of things will probably remain commercially sensitive which PFC will have to respect. If/ when planning is approved, it will all be in the public domain.

Feasibility studies have been carried out to project how the ground can be redeveloped in stages on the land left available if the Tesco is built. A capacity in the region to that of St Mary's is achievable. Factors such as seat widths, row depths and the possibility of Safe Standing could increase that.

The Tesco planning application should be submitted in the next few weeks, so there will be more info available then.

- Disabled Facilities

I along with Derek Stone and Johnny Moore met at an coffee morning meeting with disabled supporters last week to discuss the proposals for a new viewing platform in the NE corner of the ground. Derek Stone explained why this was needed given the issues the club has had with away disabled fans sitting at the Fratton End. The Local Authority via their Safety Certification of the ground have continued to raise concerns about this issue and have threatened to close blocks of the FE if not addressed. The club gets reports every 4-5 games and this issue needs resolving and the NE corner offers an ideal place to provide not only the viewing space at a raised level but also the associated toilet and refreshment facilities in room currently unused under the control box.

Issues were raised about the threat of home and away fans 'banter' leaving the disabled fans 'in the middle' of any disorder. It was explained that the proposed roof cover over the platform would offer a good level of protection, leaving only a c3m high side opening which could have netting put up for any games deemed a risk, thus offering full protection to the disabled fans.

The seven spaces would be given over to away fans, but lower away followings would allow Pompey fans to take up spare spaces. This would free up 5 wheelchair spaces at the Fratton End for Pompey fans in a continuing effort to provide more spaces for wheelchair fans as the club has a waiting list for people wanting to watch Pompey but can't as there's no free wheelchair spaces.

The disabled fans attending said they had experienced what it was like to be an away fan following Pompey and our facilities for away fans were embarrassing for the club and they welcomed the fact the club were looking to address this.

Other issues such as a WC with hoist and facilities elsewhere in the ground were discussed with the club's attitude being to listen and be as pro-active as budgets will allow in making Fratton Park as accessible as possible.

A vote on whether the disabled fans approved of proceeding with the NE corner project was carried unanimously in favour of doing so. The drawings I've provided the club with will now go to tender to get prices to assess the financial viability of the scheme.

- PST Share offer

Should be news of a final push on this coming soon.

- AOB

Mike Hall - As I understand it, he's still off work ill.

Seems last weeks awful (and that's what it was) defeat to Torquay got a few people speculating about how the manger was appointed. The PFC Board made the decision not the CEO. The CEO was party to the narrowing down of candidates, but of the 6-7 interviewed it was the Boards decision to select their man.

Personally I saw Tisdale, Wilder and Barker as similar records in the lower leagues and suspect the Coppell factor was a string to Barkers bow. Whilst Coppell remains in the background I know he's having an input on the day-to-day football side of the club, a role the club needed.

So there's an 'update' of what I know has been going on, or I've been involved with.

All we need now is for the team to win a few games and give us all a bit of breathing space from relegation worries so that the great work off the field can really start to bear fruit.

LOL- So they will never get told how much cash was involved .......what a surprise
how can they fit in a stadium the size of SMS on that piece of land as well as Tescos and all that comes with it? I assume the capacity will be calculated the same as they pay back their creditors, a 6000 stadium it is. I did also notice the bit about seat sizes, seeing the people walking around Pompey I suspect they will need to supply shoe horns to get them seated

The PST Board will hold a special board meeting to review their findings prior to an EGM which must happen before the end of March for PST Members to attend discuss and vote on these proposals.

That's going to be something to look forward too, especially if results haven't improved......

Also, I have to say that I wouldn't be sleeping easily if I was one of the six-web-digited few - cosying up to a property developer has been the end of many a lowly club.

There's a club if you'd like to go

you could see football which really moves you

so you go, and you stand on your own

and you leave on your own

and you go home, and you cry

and you want to die

Awesome!

Can I humbly suggest this starts with:

I am the son,

And the heir

Of two siblings who are criminally vulgar...?!

Look at this beauty. Now THAT is Portsmouth's heritage.

Dorothy_DO_0047%20Lost%20Destination_Frame_Tricorn_Web.jpg

http://www.wearedorothy.com/shop/lost-destination-tricorn-centre

the Tricorn was opened in 1966 and in 1967 won a Civic Trust award for its exciting visual composition. It was subsequently voted the third ugliest building in Britain before being unceremoniously demolished in 2004

Portsmouth, making villains from heroes since 1966.

how can they fit in a stadium the size of SMS on that piece of land as well as Tescos and all that comes with it? I assume the capacity will be calculated the same as they pay back their creditors, a 6000 stadium it is. I did also notice the bit about seat sizes, seeing the people walking around Pompey I suspect they will need to supply shoe horns to get them seated

Plus, the question of actually getting to the "stadium", from the Health and Safety viewpoint

And, surely Tesco's wouldn't want hordes of twelve fingered inbreds nipping in to pinch some free fags on matchdays ?

Thought they had one in the bag, checked the table and they'd moved up to within 3 points of top half and had resigned to the thought of them not being relegated.

Then I just checked Twitter...

HAHAHAHAHA another last minute goal against!

PFC the gift that just keeps giving :D

Following Pompey (whilst wanting them to lose) is so amazing. The last few seasons have been so great to be a saint! Massive rise through the leagues for us and constant laughs checking what they're up to! This thread has a long way to go yet! WTFILN

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: For anyone that wants to know.. I had an argument with a fan after he raised his hand to punch me as I was walking off the pitch

@pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: ....we accept criticism but there's a line. Threatening to assault me is crossing that line.

:lol:

You come home from a frustrating afternoon and so many times in recent years there is a little present to cheer you up.

Sometimes it's a drab home defeat, on other occasions it's a gloriously plucky point against the odds.

Today it's Exeter equalising SO late that half of their players were in the lounge, and a couple of them had even made it home and were sat on the sofa watching the rugby.

It seems that Richie's fan-owned, debt-free, gallant battling troops slipped up again - presumably because the game was too big for the ref.

Madame Football is a fickle mistress, and she loves a bit of Karma.

She's dishing it out to the few like a Horton Heath..........used commercial vehicle sales advisor.

Meanwhile, Pompey Pravda excuse #p!sspoorportsmouth, blaming that well-known problem for 'the sleepiest giant that ever was', namely their L2 competitors reliably raising their game when playing their 'cup finals' against #lowlyportsmouth:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/time-for-weak-blame-culture-to-go-1-5864658

'Pompey have never looked likely to live up to their billing as League Two title-contenders, after being installed as bookies’ favourites for the crown last summer. A number of reasons have been forwarded for that, including a new squad being put together and teams raising their games when facing the Blues.

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: For anyone that wants to know.. I had an argument with a fan after he raised his hand to punch me as I was walking off the pitch

@pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: ....we accept criticism but there's a line. Threatening to assault me is crossing that line.

They really are totally lacking in class of any kind aren't they...players, journalists, board...and to the very lowest - the fans :-)

The gift that keeps on giving - pure car crash viewing ...shalala la lalala...

Thats ok as long as he didn't boo him.

Jesus christ, they really are the lowest of the low down there.

Meanwhile, Pompey Pravda excuse #p!sspoorportsmouth, blaming that well-known problem for 'the sleepiest giant that ever was', namely their L2 competitors reliably raising their game when playing their 'cup finals' against #lowlyportsmouth:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/time-for-weak-blame-culture-to-go-1-5864658

'Pompey have never looked likely to live up to their billing as League Two title-contenders, after being installed as bookies’ favourites for the crown last summer. A number of reasons have been forwarded for that, including a new squad being put together and teams raising their games when facing the Blues.

:facepalm:

Glanced at the tv as I left the stadium and saw that Pompey were one up, I thought that was a result. Got soaked walking to car. Was feeling a bit sorry for myself in the car until I heard the final scores on 5 live. Cue big belly laugh and all is well in the world again. Especially now as England are giving the sweaties a good shoeing.

Going to be a tough 24 hours for the blue phew whilst they work out whether Bradley is a hero or a villain.

It's been pointed out in this thread that the dividing line for that lot between HERO and VILLAIN is razor-thin and inconsistent: e.g. one moment they're demanding that 'King Kanu' be awarded the freedom of the city for his heroic role in stealing the FA Cup, the next he's the most spat-upon reviled villain for wanting to be paid what they owe him. And so-on, and on, and on...

pompey fans dont boo their own. NO WAY

he must have been a scumma is disguise

Best Fans in the World™

and they come for free

Well quite. Just ask some of those 'negotiably virtuous' womenfolk of Horton Heath in whose not-inconsiderably-expensive company Avram whiled away many a rainy afternoon.

Now thats an image I shall have to work at forgetting.

This one could run and run, the hero-villain-ometer might take a couple of days to settle down. Which way will it point when it finally comes to rest?

The verdict is already in.

It never happened. Bradley made it all up to cover his own guilt for swearing at the bestest women and children. Apparently.

So villain it is then.

He's right................. next time, don't threaten ...... just do it

FActless allen ..... giving Tw*ts a bad name

The verdict is already in.

It never happened. Bradley made it all up to cover his own guilt for swearing at the bestest women and children. Apparently.

So villain it is then.

I was leaving seats near the tunnel and saw/ heard some of what happened, if it is all the same incident.Basically as players walked off bloke shouted that players needed to switch on and play for the full 90. Mr Bradley decided the best way to react was by calling the bloke a f---ing pr--k, bloke says don't call me a f--ing pr--k.

ha ha

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})