@pn_neil_allen: That's it, no more arrivals. Danny Hollands and the return of Ryan Bird. Was enquiry for Jamie O'Hara but couldn't be sorted. #Pompey

The bloke on the phone in Wolverhampton didn't even stop laughing before the 5pm deadline.

Come on Duncan, lets do that picture justice:

qli5.jpg

Where are the blue-shirted heroes/villains? They all seemed to have disappeared rather quickly

Among the two most enthusiastic celebrants there are Mick Mills - a victim of p****y's decision to abandon their youth system - and Fareham-born Steve Moran who never even featured on their radar.

David Armstrong looks happy as well. I remember Spike telling me that although he had played in Tees-Wear and Tees-Tyne derbies, this was the one he enjoyed winning the most.

@pn_neil_allen: That's it, no more arrivals. Danny Hollands and the return of Ryan Bird. Was enquiry for Jamie O'Hara but couldn't be sorted. #Pompey

Just off the phone from my Wolves mate. O'Hara said no & Wolves simply laughed at the offer which involved no loan fee and Wolves paying 80% of the wages. The quote I've been told is "phone is back then you if you want to make a serious offer".

Just off the phone from my Wolves mate. O'Hara said no & Wolves simply laughed at the offer which involved no loan fee and Wolves paying 80% of the wages. The quote I've been told is "phone is back then you if you want to make a serious offer".

The person on the phone must have misheard Pompey never pay 20% of anything it would have been 2% lol

f5hn.jpg

Step forward Lew Chatterley

grrr, my least favourite Saint of all time.

You've probably all see this before, but just to compliment the fantastic images FF has posted you migth want to take a look at the 39 images on here

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/archive/1984-FA-Cup-fourth-round-Portsmouth-0-1-Southampton-special-unseen-pictures-of-Alan-Biley-Steve-Williams-Steve-Moran-and-co-plus-original-Daily-Mirror-match-reports-and-features-from-our-archive-article320745.html

check out the Shilton joy.

Fair play to the skates, they did pack the park that day. What a joy it must have been when Moran scored and each every skate had their dreams crushed.

Edited by Chez
Come on Duncan, lets do that picture justice:

qli5.jpg

What a day 10k saints fans celebrating, you young ones who missed this day I am sorry for. Without a doubt the most memorable moments in my supporting life.Even better than 76.

Fairs fair, 4% of 4% of 20% of his wages would still have been more than they could afford :nod:

There aren't any more parachute payments, the last one is this season.

Funnily enough if they are relegated to the Conference they will get a new parachute of just over £200k for one season. On the other hand they would lose the £750k that L2 teams get from the Premiership each year.

I really don't know if these phew fans are being serious or not.

With our large travelling support we represent a healthy pay day for many clubs. Surely someone will throw us a game to ensure we stay in the league.

Was thinking this earlier today. Reckon Plymouth would help out if necessary - just hope they don't need points for a playoff place.

League 2 could use Pompey, as League 1 has Sheffield United. There is no other team close to providing a big day out, plus the benefits of all the away support.

However, throwing games is a toughie. We should get there anyway, but will we. Fascinating expectations for the game on Saturday, hopefully.

I really don't know if these phew fans are being serious or not.

Originally Posted by Skate 1

With our large travelling support we represent a healthy pay day for many clubs. Surely someone will throw us a game to ensure we stay in the league.

Originally Posted by Skate 2

Was thinking this earlier today. Reckon Plymouth would help out if necessary - just hope they don't need points for a playoff place.

Originally Posted by Skate 3

League 2 could use Pompey, as League 1 has Sheffield United. There is no other team close to providing a big day out, plus the benefits of all the away support.

However, throwing games is a toughie. We should get there anyway, but will we. Fascinating expectations for the game on Saturday, hopefully.

This is sublime. All my prejudices confirmed at once

Couldn't be sorted because they already had 5 loanees. Oops.

Ha Ha....I worked in the dockyard, it was awesome. Used to wear a big white donkey jacket (standard dockie issue) with SFC in RED as big as I could get it right across the back, had it for most of my time there.......Used to get the looks and the odd comment but they just got the same back........happy days

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})