Have to agree with this as Portsmouth Council have statutory housing targets like every other local authority and it's the obvious answer as it would be a whole load of housing or apartments at one go, including affordable housing, which saves the Council messing around with lots of other smaller housing sites that will all meet with various levels of local objection even if it is allocated housing land under the Local Development Plan.

The issue for Robinson is that he would have to re-apply for new planning permission as there's no way he could attempt to vary the existing permission for a superstore for new housing. And that costs him money that he owes to his lenders. Even if a new outline housing application for the site was put together by Robinson and fast tracked by the Council planners, it's still another 18 months away at least due to the legal requirement for more public consultation etc. That'll hurt Robbo big time!

Would he get more money if it WAS sold for residential use? My suspicion is that he would. But maybe he's already 'sold' it to Tesco who might then sell it on for residential use.

I don't know....

So who do we want pompey to get in the FA Cup 1st round draw on Monday?

The important numbers for those listening in are:

35 - pompey

[TABLE=class: data-table, width: 464]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]65 - Dartford

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]66 - Maidstone

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: row2]

[TD=class: left first]67 - Gosport Borough

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]68 - Weston-Super-Mare

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]69 - Eastbourne Borough or Dover Athletic

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]70 - Weymouth or Braintree

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: left first]71 - Worcester City or Greenwich Borough

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]72 - Canvey Island or Havant & Waterlooville

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]73 - Concord Rangers

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]74 - Basingstoke or Harrow Borough

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: left first]75 - Aldershot

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]76 - Eastleigh

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]77 - Bromley

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]78 - Chelmsford or Barnet

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: left first]79 - Nuneaton or Hemel Hempstead

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]80 - Woking

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Gosport Borough would be the most local derby for them but I feel that might bit a bit too winnable so I fancy Eastleigh away for them!

So the property developer isn't actually "giving" them anything. They're selling him some land that he needed for his Tesco plan.

I can understand, though, why the board didn't think to mention that to the "shareholders". It's the sort of minor detail that can easily slip the mind.

In a transparent sort of way.

Glad to see our prediction of infighting and an Orwellian "some creatures are more equal than others" is not coming true then :mcinnes:

Also worth noting that the hypocrites celebrating paying off the creditors early were the same ones bemoaning the Glen Johnson windfall going direct to the football creditors, same old Skates.

That sounds like classic Ho on there.

Everything fine, deal done, business as usual, nothing to see...

[quote name=riddle

The legal agreement between PEL and PFC has been finalised and is currently being given a final check through. Once everyone is happy, the land swap will occur and the club will get the cash sum (and hopefully will be able to say how much it is).[/quote]

What does finalised mean in portsea?

Don't usually bother reading these links but this personifies why this thread will not ever lack amusement and exceed 2000 pages with ease.

The lack of class, literacy and understanding displayed on that thread is why they are nearly down to where they deserve to be...local derbies with Eastleigh the next step :)

Comedy gold :lol:

Enjoyed wearing my saints top at the GSR today. First time I did it a few years ago they were a league above us! Amazing stuff. Not so much 'banter' anymore, just an avoidance of all football matters!

I may have seen you - spent the day down there with friends and his extended family - all die hard pompey fans. Funnily enough every time I swung the conversation around to football the subject changed pretty sharpish - kept me amused all day.

I may have seen you - spent the day down there with friends and his extended family - all die hard pompey fans. Funnily enough every time I swung the conversation around to football the subject changed pretty sharpish - kept me amused all day.

Didn't see as many Saints shirts as normal, shame! Few Saints foundation tops though. Noticed the interviewer even moved Iwan Thomas on from the subject of football! Ha.

I had a meeting in London with a customer a couple of weeks ago. He asked where I was based and I said Southampton. He said "you're not a scummer are you?" To which I said I am. Every time I mentioned anything football related he'd do all he could to deflect it back to any other subject possible.

Amazing. When I worked with them lot 6-7 years ago, they never shut up about how brilliant they are, how they will continue to win trophies and how we'll be lucky to become an established Championship side.

I knew our time would come. I knew they'd get their comeuppance and I will enjoy every second of it. They rubbed it in too much for too long. Thats why this thread is brilliant.

Hope they get an easy draw in the FA Cup.

Really would love for them to make it to round 3 and then draw us at St. Mary's.

I'd prefer they go out at the first round to Eastleigh. Much funnier for us and less money for them.

Hope they get an easy draw in the FA Cup.

Really would love for them to make it to round 3 and then draw us at St. Mary's.

Not too many sides who have won through qualifying are going to be worse than a mid table Lg2 side on a losing streak.

Didn't see as many Saints shirts as normal, shame! Few Saints foundation tops though. Noticed the interviewer even moved Iwan Thomas on from the subject of football! Ha.

I counted five in green and white bands and only saw 2 Skate tops. Fair play to the army lads in full kit.

Separate issue that makes me laugh at the moment is am priviledged to watch a few academy games - realy funny to see some parents in Pompey tops picking up their kids from the academy wearing full Saints kit sort of irony there somewhere!

always suspected riddle was a ****, but he's pretty much confirmed it on there. That said he is an architect ;-)

I don't usually go on other teams forums but reading that link is funny. That Riddle bloke is obviously an architect working on the Tescos project, it's funny watching him desperately try and sell the idea of being penned in forever by a massive Tescos.

Not too many sides who have won through qualifying are going to be worse than a mid table Lg2 side on a losing streak.

You should write poetry, that was just lovely.

I don't usually go on other teams forums but reading that link is funny. That Riddle bloke is obviously an architect working on the Tescos project, it's funny watching him desperately try and sell the idea of being penned in forever by a massive Tescos.

Riddle is actually some sort of elected member of the trust/PDT. Its really funny watching him battling his way through that thread, shattering his own and the trusts credibility.

His role in the Tesco development? He is assisting in landlocking his club and banishing fatpipes out of site forever... free of charge!

It must be great having all these amateurs run your club free of charge. I'm so jealous, I can't restrain myself. And to think that experts like this will now be helping to roll the fan ownership model out to the rest of the country. If only it were us :-(

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})