I'm awfully sad about this. I thought Andy was the right person to take them to a whole new level. Anyway, I have full confidence Champagne and the board will choose an equally capable replacement. :thumbup:

Oh I'd love it if Beatts got the job - think of the carnage he could cause! :D

saintspompey-1.jpg

I guess the Board have a difficult choice in the close season: essential maintenance to Fatpipes or a half decent manager. There certainly doesn't appear to be enough spare cash sloshing around to fund both. Will be interesting to see which they go for.

Good god :mcinnes:

If anything sums up just how small time they are, and how dirty, ugly and disgusting 99% of the PO postcode is, then it's that video.

There was one younger bloke, with a modern haircut, who blurrily flashed into shot to the far right of the crowd pan just before the end of the video, who had a look on his face that said something like "I can't f0cking believe I'm here, watching this absolutely f0cking sh11111t, with these fat ugly absolute complete and utter f0cktarded morons making things wors...GET THAT CAMERA OFF ME!".

Does make sense to fire Awford now though, they've saved on a proper manager's wages for the next 4 months and they can appoint Waddock permanently in August or when he starts threatening to walk without a permanent deal, whichever is sooner.

Seems fairly clear that Gary Waddock will get the job on a permanent basis, he's got a fair amount of experience at that level already, and won promotion with Wycombe in 2010/11.

With pretty average stats though. 31% win ratio at Wycombe, 16% at QPR and 12% at Oxford, his last appointment (albeit temporary). He did a good job at Aldershot though. All up his win/lose/draw stats are very similar to Awful Andy.

Nice idea - why waste money on one manager when you can pay loads for two!

That dream team of Coppell and Barker worked a treat.

I suspect the flaw in this idea of a big name appointment (to sell season tickets) is that big names tend to be used to coaching quality players, and not in a public park with a nice fence.

They also like to be paid.

And they don't like being abused by a ragtag mob of toothless simpletons in a shed that displays all the high-tech features of 17th century architecture, design, and fat dispersal.

Other than those minor points, some new hero will jump at the chance.

The acid test will be if Harry wants no part of it - that would confirm that the coffers are empty.

The bottom line is that they have fallen too far to attract quality, or investment.

A giant gets to a point where he is no longer just sleepy, he has no quality of life and needs to be put out of his misery.

McInnes said yesterday, "I think we need to be looking at someone who has experience at this level and someone who has been successful at this level. I think probably part of the requirement will be that he has had no previous connection to the club."

So Beatts it is then. :thumbup:

IIRC, truck loads of cash went through the bookmakers when 'arry categorically ruled himself out of a return to fatpipes for round two. Perhaps champagne iain is under 'arrys consultation as they plot round three, getting the odds up whilst gambling the guttering repair monies from the tesco swindle?

Can I be the first to anticipate the Snooze headline written by Factless Allen :

" Premier League Manager appointed to Fratton Hotseat" !

We all rack our brains thinking - Wenger, Rodgers, Bruce, Martinez etc... but then we read further and it turns out to be :

Phil Brown

:):) :)

Ps. how's that top premier league striker from WetSpam doing these days ??

I think that article translates as Phil Brown's agent makes a few calls after spotting a club with a history of paying over-the-top wages....either to get him a payrise, to give the impression that he is in demand, or just to remind proper clubs that his client exists.

I think that article translates as Phil Brown's agent makes a few calls after spotting a club with a history of paying over-the-top wages....either to get him a payrise, to give the impression that he is in demand, or just to remind proper clubs that his client exists.

His contract at Southend does run out in 10 weeks...

9 points left for them to play for and the playoffs now 12 points away.

Mind the gap

Ah well, the 4th division for them again next season !

Fortunately that's where they like it most, you know, real football and all that :)

With all due respect, they are just a bunch of c"nts !

In thirty years' time we will have to remind our children that the original Hampshire rivalry was between Southampton and Portsmouth. I can imagine the fanzines now.....(insert scoobie-doo future image & music)

Match Preview Saturday April 15th 2045 - South Coast end of an era for football rivalry.

Back in 2015, Eastleigh and Portsmouth didn't exist as a football rivalry and the derogatory term WERM (commonly pronounced "Worm") hadn't been coined.

The acronym WERM, is believed to stand for the Working Eastleigh Railway Men. According to Portsmouth legend, there was a railwaymen's strike and the Eastleigh workers had crossed a Portsmouth based picket line. Despite historical evidence to the contrary, from there on in, the club and the town, were known as "wormers".

The Wormers and Tossers derby became one of the fiercest derbies in football rivalry. Wormers being the aforementioned Eastleigh, whilst Tossers became the Eastleigh nickname for the fans and club that is Portsmouth FC. Despite the 'provenance' around the term Wormers (or Wermers as those in the know are quick to correct), nobody quite understands where the nickname Tossers came from.

Rumour has it, one source of the term may have been a disgruntled former newshound of the Portsmouth News, a certain N. Allen, who coined the phrase shortly after being dismissed for an in appropriate moment with, the now disgraced, Tory MP Penny Mormoney. For legal reasons, we cannot publish that story. The debate rages as to whether Allen coined the phrase "you're all a bunch of tossers" after being issued his marching orders, or whether the former Member of Parliament started the trend with the now infamous line, "toss us your shirt", after that unfortunate incident in the Guildhall square. Either way, the cap seemed to fit for the Wermers and from that day forward the Wermers and Tossers derby was spawned.

Given the likely outcome from Saturday's fixture, with Eastleigh being promoted back to the National League Division Two (the old Conference South Division) and Portsmouth being relegated, it may be a few years yet before these two old enemies get to lock horns.

For Portsmouth, it will be their lowest league position since the reformed, fan-owned, Portsmouth FC (2021) Ltd organisation re-entered the non-leagues in the autumn of 2021. They did rise as far as the Football League Division Two, before falling foul of a points penalty in 2028 due to financial irregularities, which saw them relegated from the football league.

Should the Wormers and Tossers derby become a thing of the past, perhaps Portsmouth's new rivals will become Sholing FC, who are based just a few miles from their former rivals in Eastleigh.

But with Sholing boasting a newly built, all-seater stadium, attracting 5,000 crowds each week, it's hard to see the Tossers having much to crow about.

(Scoobie-doo music ends)

In thirty years' time we will have to remind our children that the original Hampshire rivalry was between Southampton and Portsmouth. I can imagine the fanzines now.....(insert scoobie-doo future image & music)

Match Preview Saturday April 15th 2045 - South Coast end of an era for football rivalry.

Back in 2015, Eastleigh and Portsmouth didn't exist as a football rivalry and the derogatory term WERM (commonly pronounced "Worm") hadn't been coined.

The acronym WERM, is believed to stand for the Working Eastleigh Railway Men. According to Portsmouth legend, there was a railwaymen's strike and the Eastleigh workers had crossed a Portsmouth based picket line. Despite historical evidence to the contrary, from there on in, the club and the town, were known as "wormers".

The Wormers and Tossers derby became one of the fiercest derbies in football rivalry. Wormers being the aforementioned Eastleigh, whilst Tossers became the Eastleigh nickname for the fans and club that is Portsmouth FC. Despite the 'provenance' around the term Wormers (or Wermers as those in the know are quick to correct), nobody quite understands where the nickname Tossers came from.

Rumour has it, one source of the term may have been a disgruntled former newshound of the Portsmouth News, a certain N. Allen, who coined the phrase shortly after being dismissed for an in appropriate moment with, the now disgraced, Tory MP Penny Mormoney. For legal reasons, we cannot publish that story. The debate rages as to whether Allen coined the phrase "you're all a bunch of tossers" after being issued his marching orders, or whether the former Member of Parliament started the trend with the now infamous line, "toss us your shirt", after that unfortunate incident in the Guildhall square. Either way, the cap seemed to fit for the Wermers and from that day forward the Wermers and Tossers derby was spawned.

Given the likely outcome from Saturday's fixture, with Eastleigh being promoted back to the National League Division Two (the old Conference South Division) and Portsmouth being relegated, it may be a few years yet before these two old enemies get to lock horns.

For Portsmouth, it will be their lowest league position since the reformed, fan-owned, Portsmouth FC (2021) Ltd organisation re-entered the non-leagues in the autumn of 2021. They did rise as far as the Football League Division Two, before falling foul of a points penalty in 2028 due to financial irregularities, which saw them relegated from the football league.

Should the Wormers and Tossers derby become a thing of the past, perhaps Portsmouth's new rivals will become Sholing FC, who are based just a few miles from their former rivals in Eastleigh.

But with Sholing boasting a newly built, all-seater stadium, attracting 5,000 crowds each week, it's hard to see the Tossers having much to crow about.

(Scoobie-doo music ends)

Beautiful.

(Scoobie-doo music ends)

Fantastic!

According to the ever reliable Metro' date=' Bagpuss is bookies favourite at 6/1![/quote']

Nah...he's ruled himself out....definitely....100%....no chance whatsoever guv...no ambiguity in the slightest....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/harry-redknapp-rules-out-pompey-return-1-6690520

‘Would I be interested in the job? I don’t think so, I am enjoying the break at the moment.

‘I will wait until the end of the season and see what comes up.

‘I still follow Portsmouth, they were the happiest times for me, I loved every minute when I was there, but I wouldn’t see that happening really,

‘I really don’t want to dive into anything, I’m going to wait to see how I feel in the summer and see if anything comes up that interests me. If not I won’t bother.’

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})