Fitzhugh Fella

Pompey Takeover Saga

The real reason they bottled promotion.

So, that would be match-fixing?

Fake news, you only get £4.3m extra revenue in the CCC and the wage bill would have to increase by at least that to not immediately go down. Most Championship clubs are operating on a loss I suspect and I am sure they realise this.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

On that basis you are aiming to be relegated to D4 as it is financially more sustainable with lower wages and similar gate income?

Fake news, you only get £4.3m extra revenue in the CCC and the wage bill would have to increase by at least that to not immediately go down. Most Championship clubs are operating on a loss I suspect and I am sure they realise this.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

but surely there are other streams of income if you had gone through your glass ceiling. You would sell out every game..well most, the ticket prices would go up as you wont have to slash them anymore or give away and of course merchandise streams may increase.

If only a small increase in revenue is a problem then you may as well stay where you are. Im sure I wont shed any tears if you don't go up.

Their gap-toothiest of fans are making all kinds of excuses as to why they "didn't want to get promoted" :) but the one I like best is avoiding having to pay a previous owner £5m when they "get to the PL" :) :) when it's worth around £170m even if a club is just up for 1 season. Thick fookers.

Hasn't he got this confused with the crowd control paraphernalia left over from the Pompey promotion celebration party...? Oh... 8eba10f8b9c8d3de2d20df52ca20bfef.jpg

but surely there are other streams of income if you had gone through your glass ceiling. You would sell out every game..well most, the ticket prices would go up as you wont have to slash them anymore or give away and of course merchandise streams may increase.

If only a small increase in revenue is a problem then you may as well stay where you are. Im sure I wont shed any tears if you don't go up.

Could they sell one of the other stands to Lidl therefore providing competition for Tesco? Three stands I am sure is the way to go, plus people could do their shopping and watch a bit of footie on the way out.

Bless.

Could they sell one of the other stands to Lidl therefore providing competition for Tesco? Three stands I am sure is the way to go, plus people could do their shopping and watch a bit of footie on the way out.

Aisle 3 - Chicken , bottles of coke, slippers, chain saws, Portsmouth Football club.

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...

This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.

Having the FBI on side probably gives them the edge.

Would Lidl want their brand tarnished by association? Even Anusol would refuse

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...

This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.

I think you'll find that's just the locals arriving early vying for the best view

Would Lidl want their brand tarnished by association? Even Anusol would refuse

Anusol. Haha.

The FBI is for domestic affairs, not state trips to Portsea island.

The FBI is for domestic affairs, not state trips to Portsea island.

There's a bad omen about Trump's trip to Skateland - Portsmouth is a anagram of Shoot Trump :lol:

There's a bad omen about Trump's trip to Skateland - Portsmouth is a anagram of Shoot Trump :lol:

OK. Now I'm officially excited!!!

It’ll get nuked........

Clarke on his way and Lowe to follow him out the door. They will generate decent funds, but as we know to our cost you have to spend it wisely

Begging bowl out, tatty timber tabernacle is tatty

The club has an amazing relationship with Donna (Jones), Gerald (Vernon-Jackson) and Stephen (Morgan).

‘But they are constrained by what national government can do to help them to help us.

‘We are working closely with them to try to address those issues, but it's a big challenge

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-executive-lays-bare-size-of-task-to-make-fratton-park-modern-football-stadium-1-8954795

But the Government has already helped out by writing off that massive Tax Bill a few years ago. The CEO seems to have forgotten that.

May not be the best place to post but terribly sad news about Justin Edinburgh dying, Just 49.

May not be the best place to post but terribly sad news about Justin Edinburgh dying, Just 49.

Ditto

Very very sad. RIP fella.

Thanks, I hadn't seen the news and went and saw an article in The Guardian. He seemed to be doing things the right way; learning his managerial trade and working up the leagues. What a great shame.

This time last week he was mixing with fans in Madrid at the CL Final.

Looking forward to the fixtures coming out on Thursday and we can finally see the dates of those Saints v Pompey and Pompey v Saints fixtures for next season......

Are they celebrating their good fortune in missing Bob Higgin's training seassions ?

Graham Rix, I think....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they celebrating their good fortune in missing Bob Higgin's training seassions ?

When’s the next paediatrician hunt pal?

Why is there a big sculpture of a knob?

That's the Southsea Naval Memorial commemorating sailors lost in the world wars.

See you in The Championship next season

Batman said at the time that this wont age well.

stay classy Pondlife

See you in The Championship next season

This won’t age well

:lol:

which one are you, baffins?

Apparently can't play first home fixture because of ground works. Seeking permission from FA for a fixture change. Source :meridian news this evening.

Apparently can't play first home fixture because of ground works. Seeking permission from FA for a fixture change. Source :meridian news this evening.
Ground works, whats that then? a sewage treatment works being put in

Don't need it, they are happy with the cesspit as it is

Ladies loos? They were pretty grim when I last went there for a women's international.

Mind you, they were at The Dell, back in the day. it was pretty desperate if you were a beer drinker like me!

Edited by suewhistle
addtl info

They are spending the forthcoming Clarke transfer money on laying a `Premiership standard' pitch to play their League 1 games. With Man U and Liverpool entering teams into the Checkatrade Trophy next season they will want to impress.

They are spending the forthcoming Clarke transfer money on laying a `Premiership standard' pitch to play their League 1 games. With Man U and Liverpool entering teams into the Checkatrade Trophy next season they will want to impress.

Not much use if you've only got Championship-standard floodlights, so those are getting replaced as well. Factless says they're iconic

Not much use if you've only got Championship-standard floodlights, so those are getting replaced as well. Factless says they're iconic

Borrowing money again to make the 'improvements'. I expect it is all part of the plan to make themselves 'premiership ready' when they 'decide' it is the right time to go up.

Borrowing money again to make the 'improvements'. I expect it is all part of the plan to make themselves 'premiership ready' when they 'decide' it is the right time to go up.

now we have the training facility up to scratch, might as well get the rest of the club n order,:rolleyes: