Fitzhugh Fella

Pompey Takeover Saga

Already eight points off the playoffs, 13 points off the automatic spots. Ipswich top, 14 points ahead of the Blue Few - and they've played the same number of games as PCFC so can't even use the games in hand excuse!

Big game against Lincoln next week - clash of the League Two Champions. Lose and they could be in the bottom three :lol:

just have to hope they keep struggling on with Jacket. Not sure he will last the week though.

just have to hope they keep struggling on with Jacket. Not sure he will last the week though.
Will Jacket get his coat

Time to handover to the next generation. I'm getting too old for this laughing at Pompey malarkey. That said, maybe the thread should be mothballed for now as seeing them languishing in the 3rd tier of English football forever isn't much fun. Would rather see them promoted to the Championship from where they can enact 'Project Overspend', in the true spirit of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012. Now that would give this thread a much needed injection of the chortle factor.
they are more entertaining than anything served up elsewhwere, not football just generally

Jesus, I thought he looked half decent for them against us and was relatively impressed, didn't realise they paid twice as much as we did for Sir Rickie. What an atrocious waste of money for that level - entire promotion winning teams have been built with much less.

I was going to mention we shouldn't be too quick to criticise, given our millions wasted on the likes of the Donkey and Elyounoussi, but then realised that 2 million for a tiny club like theirs is equivalent to us spending 200 million on one player.

Have you been hacked?

Time to handover to the next generation. I'm getting too old for this laughing at Pompey malarkey. That said, maybe the thread should be mothballed for now as seeing them languishing in the 3rd tier of English football forever isn't much fun. Would rather see them promoted to the Championship from where they can enact 'Project Overspend', in the true spirit of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012. Now that would give this thread a much needed injection of the chortle factor.

Down to 18th as Accrington have now soared over them.

Accrington Stanley truly are on the cusp of becoming a global force though. Don't think we should pillory the skates too much for this.

Accrington Stanley truly are on the cusp of becoming a global force though. Don't think we should pillory the skates too much for this.
If you dont drink your milk you will only be good enough to play for Pompey could be the advert in 30years time lol

Conference Premier Harrogate town in the FA cup. Town have a decent side this year and they are in great form. Decent chance of an upset I'd say.

Conference Premier Harrogate town in the FA cup. Town have a decent side this year and they are in great form. Decent chance of an upset I'd say.

Let's hope portsmyth lose and avoid The Cup Upset result then!!

My local team, go to watch them a fair bit. Good side, play good football and after a patchy start have hit good from. Plus it’ll be on a plastic pitch, Town don’t lose many at home. They will give them a game for certain.

Let's hope portsmyth lose and avoid The Cup Upset result then!!

Fail.

although i do agree about the pony-punchers losing

Fail.

although i do agree about the pony-punchers losing

Sorry .... which part is the "fail' referring to? If it was my post, then maybe my sense of humour is too subtle?

My local team, go to watch them a fair bit. Good side, play good football and after a patchy start have hit good from. Plus it’ll be on a plastic pitch, Town don’t lose many at home. They will give them a game for certain.

Small world. I used to go and watch them every now and then with my Grandad when I visited. Sadly he passed last year, so I doubt I will ever make the trip up to Harrogate again or watch them. I continue to check their results though. They've won the last four or five I think? Will you go and cheer them on against the saktes? Lovely part of the world.

Possibly. They may have given up with actual paid journalists and just publish articles sent in by the public. Not a great deal of difference in quality between this and the garbage Allen et al produce so hard to say.

Sorry .... which part is the "fail' referring to? If it was my post, then maybe my sense of humour is too subtle?

Nah, you right, just misread it. Must be your Arabian accent!

would be surprised if there are a few less of the bestest attending **** park tonight. Come on the Imps.

Good win for them

Any win is good! Unless you mean it keeps Jackett in a job and baying pack at bay.

Lincoln are struggling with one win in 11 so it wasn’t unexpected.

Any win is good! Unless you mean it keeps Jackett in a job and baying pack at bay.

Lincoln are struggling with one win in 11 so it wasn’t unexpected.

Despite being managed by that former, managerial wonder. Appy!

Small world. I used to go and watch them every now and then with my Grandad when I visited. Sadly he passed last year, so I doubt I will ever make the trip up to Harrogate again or watch them. I continue to check their results though. They've won the last four or five I think? Will you go and cheer them on against the saktes? Lovely part of the world.

Yeah I’ll be there Do for every game probably one in three over the season, it’s just been announced for the Monday night live on BT. They’ve got aldershot tomorrow and are unbeaten in the last 8 after a tricky start.

They’ve redeveloped the ground a fair since you’re last visit id image, 4G pitch, more seats and terracing to take the capacity up to 4,000.

I really enjoy it there, pay on the gate, terracing, get a beer at half time and stand where you want in the ground. Like how it used to be.

cant understand the mainboard, you are privileged to witness a 9 goal thriller and you're gutted!!:smug:
In recognition of how much Pompey fans love banging on about the historic results of the previous football club(s) to have been resident at Fratton Park, have this one on us fo(u)r nothing... [emoji23]

e997836ec24172b3b1ceb67b121ca48a.jpg

Edited by trousers

cant understand the mainboard, you are privileged to witness a 9 goal thriller and you're gutted!!:smug:
yeah but the new technology of VAR let us down 9 times, it was scandalous

Much prefer 4 goal thrillers myself... Up The Gas

9d7f41ca845d9c4b6b290b5c41ff89bb.gif

If ever there was a time for Mack to laugh at us more than we laugh at them, this is it!

But a comical injury time own-goal equaliser after being two-up??

That's always funny!

If ever there was a time for Mack to laugh at us more than we laugh at them, this is it!

But a comical injury time own-goal equaliser after being two-up??

That's always funny!

it feckin ain't!! happening too many times,:mcinnes:

Pompey are set to unveil their "vision" for Fratton Park. Staggeringly this seems to involve having some actual work done on one of the stands.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-mark-catlin-we-re-on-the-verge-of-unveiling-our-fratton-park-vision-1-9124969

One of the comments on FB seems to think they’re going to expand it to 33k. They literally HATE having a smaller ground than us. Really grates on them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pompey are set to unveil their "vision" for Fratton Park. Staggeringly this seems to involve having some actual work done on one of the stands.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-mark-catlin-we-re-on-the-verge-of-unveiling-our-fratton-park-vision-1-9124969

Factless Allen is still plying his trade at a tinpot local rag? You'd have thought someone as talented as him in his field would have been snapped up by one of the nationals by now. Truly baffling.

I wonder if they need to buy all 35 houses on Alverstone Road that back onto the Milton end for this 15,000 seater stand (or is that the new North Stand?)? If they have bought all of those sold since Disney took over, they will have 6 to date. At this rate just the ten years to get them all - unless a Southampton property owner sticks a spanner in the works and gazumps them. Or are they buying the industrial units on Rodney Road?

wish the Saints could cheer me up as much as the skates keep doing.

Depends on which end of the alley your sitting, at our end Saints are doing a sterling job:thumbup::D