Fitzhugh Fella

Pompey Takeover Saga

Depends on which end of the alley your sitting, at our end Saints are doing a sterling job:thumbup::D

love of flat fish apart, we have plenty in common

Apparently Westwood got one hell of a kicking yesterday.

Lots of skate fans quite pleased it happened too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fratton Faithful fighting amongst their own over whether to support the manager? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

12-1 on southend to win tonight. A must win game for Kenny J perhaps...blast I jinxed it.

Edited by Chez

Good news. They’re going absolutely nowhere with Jackett and this secures him another few months.

12-1 on southend to win tonight. A must win game for Kenny J perhaps...blast I jinxed it.

Can’t believe Pompey won. Southend’s manager should really be in the Premier League with his ability.

Apparently Westwood got one hell of a kicking yesterday.

Lots of skate fans quite pleased it happened too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and it was a punch by a Pompey supporter too.

The few have travelled to Harrogate tonight and looks like it might be postponed due to a power cut :lol:

Pre-KO power failure at Harrogate putting their game at risk of postponement tonight. Real shame for their players/fans that have travelled so far on a Monday night...

That's it. BT treated us to a shot of TCWTB. Too much. Giving up on it now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I went to the game as I live in Harrogate. I thought Pompey were sh8t. Two very good goals but other then that offered little and were lucky to narrowly win. They had about 600 up there which to be fair is a good effort for a game 280 miles away against a non league club which is on telly but they were very quiet, one or two PUPs but that was it, very poor support.

Had a brief look on Twitter and their subreddit during the game, around 75% of the Twitter comments were people complaining about TCWTB. General consensus among the Pompey fans is that they were awful and lucky to get past a Harrogate Town team who outplayed them for most of the game. Still, buys Jackett another game or two and brings them within a game of the third round drawer, so maybe it won't all be four nothing :)

Had a brief look on Twitter and their subreddit during the game, around 75% of the Twitter comments were people complaining about TCWTB. General consensus among the Pompey fans is that they were awful and lucky to get past a Harrogate Town team who outplayed them for most of the game. Still, buys Jackett another game or two and brings them within a game of the third round drawer, so maybe it won't all be four nothing :)

They were. To be fair both their goals were excellent, but that was the difference between the two teams. Their £2m summer signing looked like a pub player, he was awful, as was the big lad at the back with the pony tail, must have missed the ball about 5 times when he was trying to clear it, real kids stuff. Harrogate were the better team and although the artificial pitch might have made a difference Pompey really were awful.

still, playing awful and winning, is a tad better than playing awful and feckin losing a my pony fidling friends:smug:

You'd know

You'd know

He's right. We are playing very badly and losing......And I simply can't walk past an attractive pony without chubbing up.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/why-fratton-station-threatens-to-delay-portsmouth-s-fratton-park-redevelopment-1-9143131

"We intend to redevelop the stadium including a new Milton End, creating a 30k capacity venue if:

1. We can buy all 35 properties on Alverstone Road (a max of 6 bought to date)

2. We get support/approval from other householders affected by building a new stand

3. Network rail spends millions on Fratton Station

4. Someone spends millions turning the Rodney Road industrial park into something less of an eyesore

5. FTSE 100 companies agree to buy corporate boxes in the new Milton End stand (if you build it they will come)

6. We keep councillor Donna Jones in our pocket by employing her as stadium development consultant (no conflict of interest there at all...no sir)

7. We manage to get ourselves out of the third division

8. Global warming is reversed

9. Oil is discovered in the small section of car park between Tesco and the Fratton End

10. Brexit is a success for everyone in the UK

11. World peace is declared

12. Oh I forgot. When we find the maker of a real tardice so that we can increase the capacity of the Milton end AND add corporate boxes without making the stand any higher.

Edited by Chez

Only 30k? The few will be distraught, it is literally their only ambition to have a bigger stadium then us, it breaks their hearts.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/why-fratton-station-threatens-to-delay-portsmouth-s-fratton-park-redevelopment-1-9143131

"We intend to redevelop the stadium including a new Milton End, creating a 30k capacity venue if:

1. We can buy all 35 properties on Alverstone Road (a max of 6 bought to date)

2. We get support/approval from other householders affected by building a new stand

3. Network rail spends millions on Fratton Station

4. Someone spends millions turning the Rodney Road industrial park into something less of an eyesore

5. FTSE 100 companies agree to buy corporate boxes in the new Milton End stand (if you build it they will come)

6. We keep councillor Donna Jones in our pocket by employing her as stadium development consultant (no conflict of interest there at all...no sir)

7. We manage to get ourselves out of the third division

8. Global warming is reversed

9. Oil is discovered in the small section of car park between Tesco and the Fratton End

10. Brexit is a success for everyone in the UK

11. World peace is declared

12. Oh I forgot. When we find the maker of a real tardice so that we can increase the capacity of the Milton end AND add corporate boxes without making the stand any higher.

All feasible,,,,except maybe no 7,,feckers:(

All feasible,,,,except maybe no 7,,feckers:(

What a surprise, Network Rail has said "on your bike" so I guess it's all off. Who'd of guessed?

Currently, at give away prices, Pompey have an average league attendance, including plenty of season ticket holders who don't actually attend, discounted tickets for UoP staff and students etc., of 17,892, making them the third best-supported team in League 1 (congrats on that by the way). Fratton Park's current reduced capacity is 19,669, and if they fixed the roof 21,000 people could watch Pompey lose in discomfort.

I'd be curious to see the feasibility studies which are going to convince Network Rail and the council to invest millions in advance of Pompey spending a single penny upgrading Fratton Park to a 30,000-seater turd bowl. Where exactly do they expect these hordes of new supporters to magically appear from?

I'd be curious to see the feasibility studies which are going to convince Network Rail and the council to invest millions in advance of Pompey spending a single penny upgrading Fratton Park to a 30,000-seater turd bowl. Where exactly do they expect these hordes of new supporters to magically appear from?

They built a new bridge there about 18 months ago. They won't be building another for a once fortnightly occasion.

Many of the locals are starting to ask questions abut Disney and the lack of progress relating to the new stadium. The idea that development would be held up over a bridge is seen as a very lame excuse and as a result some think that raises doubt about Eisner's intentions. Three years in they wonder if they would be any worse off if they hadn't sold up.

Many of the locals are starting to ask questions abut Disney and the lack of progress relating to the new stadium. The idea that development would be held up over a bridge is seen as a very lame excuse and as a result some think that raises doubt about Eisner's intentions. Three years in they wonder if they would be any worse off if they hadn't sold up.

The only difference is the tablecloth didn't used to get ironed before the press conferences before the massive investment sell off

It's a bit like Brexit. Boris Johnson patently didn't want to take the UK out with no deal. He wanted to be stopped, whereafter he could point fingers at the "Brexit traitors." Similarly, given the ridiculous conditions attached, it looks suspiciously like Eisner has no intention of actually doing the stadium work - he just wants someone to blame.

They are a bit of a roll at the moment.

FA Cup 3rd round pretty much nailed on and a placed in the play offs on the cards.

Could be more derbies to come this season and possibly next!!

FA Cup 3rd round pretty much nailed on and a placed in the play offs on the cards.

Could be more derbies to come this season and possibly next!!

About time. Been far too many seasons seeing them just missing out on promotion. Bring on the fun and games of Portsmouth Community Football Club trying to be 'competitive' in the Championship....

Pompey are seeking financial help from both the city council and Network Rail.

The League One club are keen to increase capacity towards 30,000 from just under 20,000.

"We're saying 'meet us halfway'," Catlin said. "We're willing to invest money in the ground, but the transport infrastructure also has to improve."

"It's a very, very big project and until we get some real help from elsewhere, we're not really going to commit to starting it, so we can't put a timescale on it."

Hmmm.... use taxpayers' money to fund a new hospital or two, or help a decrepit tinpot football club (whose predecessor at Fratton Park fleeced the taxpayer for millions) build a new stadium...? Tricky dilema that one....

2114884851.jpg

Edited by trousers

not very charitable of you trolleys, laying the boot into a third rate football club who are down on their luck at the mo,FFS!! its nearly crimbo:scared:

Hmmm.... use taxpayers' money to fund a new hospital or two, or help a decrepit tinpot football club (whose predecessor at Fratton Park fleeced the taxpayer for millions) build a new stadium...? Tricky dilema that one....

2114884851.jpg

A truly disgusting club to match the fans

They were bloody lucky to beat Altringham, has to be said. The team in red and white were certianly the better side and should have had a blatant penalty in the first half not given.