Pompey Takeover Saga

Did I see that the former treasurer of the supporters' trust has been done for personal tax evasion?

I was also amused to hear Catlin banging on at great length about his disgust at the potential idea that some rivals might attempt to gain a competitive advantage by offering wages that they can't afford under the new rules.

Selective memory.

9 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Did I see that the former treasurer of the supporters' trust has been done for personal tax evasion?

I was also amused to hear Catlin banging on at great length about his disgust at the potential idea that some rivals might attempt to gain a competitive advantage by offering wages that they can't afford under the new rules.

Selective memory.

rally's its all smoke n mirrors with Catlin. Disney has spent sweet f**k all on this club, and has told his lapdog we're getting noooo one, the patchwork quilt of a ground that we call home has been fixed up with money we had. infact i would say we are no better off than when the trust was pulling the strings, at least with the trust you could see money genarated was going on the beer tab, 

I was feeling nostalgic yesterday evening, as Saints prepare for another season in the Premier League while 'them lot' face more uncertainty and struggles in League One.

So I decided to go through the timeline of chaos and hilarity that was their Takeover Saga. I cam across the following website - http://www.chainrai.com/photos/

It is, as you would expect, gloriously tinpot and encapsulates everything about Pompey. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, edprice1984 said:

I was feeling nostalgic yesterday evening, as Saints prepare for another season in the Premier League while 'them lot' face more uncertainty and struggles in League One.

So I decided to go through the timeline of chaos and hilarity that was their Takeover Saga. I cam across the following website - http://www.chainrai.com/photos/

It is, as you would expect, gloriously tinpot and encapsulates everything about Pompey. Enjoy!

one photo missing, the one that has him being chased down the street,😎

On 11/09/2020 at 09:17, edprice1984 said:

The news section is great 😆

• Like 1

Some of their more intelligent fans are getting a little concerned re the no fans at matches. Apparently they are haemorrhaging over £700k a month at the moment. A problem for the so called ‘big’ teams in League 1, who have several high earners but virtually no income with which to pay them........

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit
On 09/09/2020 at 17:24, mack rill said:

rally's its all smoke n mirrors with Catlin. Disney has spent sweet f**k all on this club, and has told his lapdog we're getting noooo one, the patchwork quilt of a ground that we call home has been fixed up with money we had. infact i would say we are no better off than when the trust was pulling the strings, at least with the trust you could see money genarated was going on the beer tab, 

the trust jumped ship because the future maintenance bill looked scary, but do you think it could have actually been covered by the normal income and paid the wages of the players you have had over the last few years (and £2m transfer fees on Marquis)? I still don't really understand why fans sold up.

On 23/09/2020 at 14:56, SW5 SAINT said:

Some of their more intelligent fans are getting a little concerned re the no fans at matches. Apparently they are haemorrhaging over £700k a month at the moment. A problem for the so called ‘big’ teams in League 1, who have several high earners but virtually no income with which to pay them........

local MPs, not at all pampering to fans/voters,  will no doubt be coming to their rescue shortly by insisting the government allows fans to attend their games to ensure such a vital part of the economy is unaffected.

Just now, Pamplemousse said:

Hahahahahahahaha

Surely Jackett can't stay after this? Hope he does obviously, but could be amusing to see what ludicrous names the Blue Few want/expect

Given the current financial situation they may struggle to pay him off.

7 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Protesting the manager already - only a few games in 😄

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-fans-attend-friendly-passionate-protest-kenny-jackett-be-sacked-manager-2984822

Didn't they make the play offs last year?

But that's not just any old protest, that's a 'passionate' protest, although would expect nothing else from the most passionate fans in the world.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Danbert said:

They really are a piece of work aren't they!

However, after initially attracting good-humoured comments to accompany donations, some posts became highly distasteful, referring to the likes of George Floyd, Madeline McCann and former Cardiff footballer Emiliano Sala.

• Confused 1
On 30/09/2020 at 13:50, trousers said:

I'm still disappointed they didn't get promoted last season. Would have taken the hilarity to stratospheric levels.

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

If you think Saints defending at times is bad. This is Pompey vs the mighty Burton Albion today...

still if you score more than you concede it isn't all bad,,,,Jacket out. 

1 minute ago, SW5 SAINT said:

Why....?  no doubt if promoted they will spend and do well......

If they've got the resources and/or the will to spend, why aren't they doing that already in Division 3...? 

On 29/09/2020 at 07:45, Weston Super Saint said:

But that's not just any old protest, that's a 'passionate' protest, although would expect nothing else from the most passionate fans in the world.

'most passionatest fans this side of the Big Bang'

I fixed it for you 👍

On 30/09/2020 at 13:50, trousers said:

I'm still disappointed they didn't get promoted last season. Would have taken the hilarity to stratospheric levels.

The tumbleweed tour of their socially distanced open top bus would have been a funny sight 

21 hours ago, trousers said:

Excellent win. Please, oh Lord, let this be the season the tinpot cesspit of a club get promoted

why do you want them to be successful. They go up and Disney may invest

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...