i understand they have costs to run the business, but what are the rewards if it comes off? Iam as bewildered as anyone to why/how they have got through but it seems they have/will.

It seems that Gaydamek is backing off and doesn't want to hold it up.One thing in this is that i know if SSN put anything on thier ticker they are guessing like the rest of us. They know about as much as we do it seems.

It's inevitable that Pompey will be saved by a last minute deal early next week, the only scenario it won't happen is if some of the conspiracy theorists are correct and it's either Gaydamak getting his revenge on Chainrai or HMRC have done a deal with Gaydamak where he gets them closed down in return for HMRC not going after Gaydamak like they've previously threatened to.

From what I can see if Pompey don't go up this season they will be serious trouble. They will have to come out of admin to start next season at all and if they do that they will be open to winding up orders from any creditors who aren't getting what they should be receiving (and judging by their current wage bill this appears likely)

If Pompey do go up I can see them getting enough dosh to come out of admin, keep their current team and pay off the creditors. I may well be wrong about this as the financials are beyond me but getting to the PL is a massive prize and I can see them worming their way to a far more stable situation than they are currently in. That's when investment may start to materialize on the horizon.

So if chanrai takes over and starts pumping money into the club how ****ed off will tons minor creditors like local schools and st johns ambulance be that they are getting 20p in the pound.

It is not a sad day for football if they go, it's a shameful one when they stay

Boo

I think the value of a Prem return is easily overestimated. Yes, it's a cash cow in the sense that you get a guaranteed income for nothing, but clubs with the Skate's meagre infrastructure simply cannot compete long term without accruing dangerous liabilities. PFC in the Prem next year does not suddenly become a sensible investment. Serious investors in football clubs in recent years plough money in to clubs with infrastructure and potential, not those with a temporary cash flow and massive short-term liabilities. Like Dubai Phil said, they are destined to lurch from one dodgy owner to the next.

And I'm not convinced Gaydamak is about to fold either.

:lol:

How does Mandaric owe Gaydamak money, when it was Gaydamak who was the buyer, not the other way around?! :lol:

""MM initiated all the loans he never put one pound in and took 30m off SG to go, and kept the land at the back as part of the deal all the funding to go up etc was in loans , SG put his own money in as loans"

From the same source as before,apparently.

Portsmyths winner today scored by Nugent, a player whose wage they can afford only by not meeting their tax bill, and paying creditors 20p in the pound. Fair competion is an anathema to the blue few.

We wanted Noooooooooge off the books, But no other knut was wiling to pay the wad he is on down hear.So nothing we can do about it. Still at last hes starting to earn it Another good win thats 16 points out of 18 not bad for a side most you pony boys were sure would go a tumbling down the leagues. Oh and don't turn the old toaster on just yet mosh!

it's clear that they folded as a valid football club somewhere around 2006-7, since then they have been competing illegally and results on the pitch are irrelevant to the sport if you have a squad run by an insolvently trading business - the important thing is whether they can pay off the charities and their own wages now - and if they could manage either of those it would be a real result and worth celebrating.

It's nice that one small club can unite the rest of football.

We wanted Noooooooooge off the books, But no other knut was wiling to pay the wad he is on down hear.So nothing we can do about it. Still at last hes starting to earn it Another good win thats 16 points out of 18 not bad for a side most you pony boys were sure would go a tumbling down the leagues. Oh and don't turn the old toaster on just yet mosh!

This is not the side we were sure would go down. That was before the millions were added back on the wage bill!

So is Gaydemak really about to sign or was his statement earlier just to stop him looking so bad to the blue few? Finger was pointing at him to be the one to ruin them but now everyone thinks it's going to be A OK. What if he is only going to sign if the technical details he wants sorted are done? If he doesn't sign he can throw the blame back to the others for messing it all about.

I think there is still a chance that it won't be over tonight and there may be a few more twists yet to turn.

On the news this morning, it was suggested they took 3 coach loads up because some of their 'fans' thought it would be their last match ever.

This is true, some of my youngest sons friends are Pompey fans and they decided only last night to go

Paul Duffen(sp)the ex Hull chairman is rumoured to be wanting to invest/purchase PFC.

It is more than just a rumour, the BBC/ExpressFM have direct quotes from him...

Meanwhile, former Hull chairman Paul Duffen has put together a consortium that is interested in taking over Portsmouth.

"I have been monitoring the situation at Portsmouth for several months and trying to do a deal for some weeks," Duffen told Express FM. "I have a fully funded bid ready to go.

Duffen was part of a consortium that bought the Tigers from Adam Pearson in June 2007, the year before they were promoted to the Premier League.

They began the 2008-09 season well but struggled towards the end of the season and only escaped relegation on the last day of the campaign.

Duffen stepped down as executive chairman of the club and Superstadium Management Company Ltd in October 2009, with Pearson returning to the club as chairman.

In February Hull settled a financial dispute with Duffen out of court "on terms satisfactory to the club", after accusing their former chairman of spending company money for his own personal use.

The club had also alleged Duffen's company received payments from agents in return for using those agents to deal with the transfer of players.

Duffen had denied the allegations at a preliminary hearing at the High Court.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9120575.stm

So another possible owner with a case to answer in the High Court! They sure do attract them! Unlikely any clean businessmen would see them as an attractive investment proposition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1323203/PATRICK-COLLINS-Portsmouth-faithful-deserve-dogs-chance.html

will please you knowing how much you like us getting the sympathy vote

the other thing I cannot get my head around is yes we prolly should not have been allowed to sign the likes of Lawrence, Kitson etc but we have not done anything illegal, whilst yes morally its not right and on a personal opinion it doesn't feel right but no laws have been broken, perhaps the FL should be looking at this situ and making sure it dies not happen again to the disadvanatge of the rest of the FL clubs

This isn't a surprise. Chanrai needs the club to trade long enough to pick up the parachute payments. This latest event was a sideshow. The events to come:

- Who is in the new consortium?

- Why did AA make it so difficult for Lever?

- When will Golden Share transfer?

- Will the court cases bring a points deduction?

- Will they stick to CVA?

- Now it is his money will the big wages continue?

Edited by St Chalet
typo

A little bit more of my fading love of football has gone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9121791.stm

It's not just because it's Pompey. It's not just because Saints (& Salisbury, too) tried to play fair when they got into trouble and got royally shafted. It's because throughout all of this they have lied, CHEATED, deceived us as taxpayers, stolen from charities and then after all that they have still continued to try and spend their way back to the Prem. The whole game is tainted by the rotting fish stench of their corruption and is proof that, sadly, CHEATS do prosper.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Statement-1527.aspx

All out of admin and everything is rosey it seems,on the outside.

I am not however so easily convinced this is the end of the thread.

If it is,the Admin mullarky has not been to unkind to them has it,AA has done a blinding job in some aspects.

They never got what they deserved by a long shot.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})