Only now getting f*cked off about the whole thing, Saint_clark? I've been there ever since Injustice Mann let the Cheats get away with it.

TBH I don't blame Mann for voting in Pompey's favour on that courtcase, I think almost all judges would have done the same. I thought HMRC put their case forward from completely the wrong angle, and by what I've heard said their QC didn't seem to know 100% what exactly he was arguing. AA took on the taxman and won which is probably the holy grail of anyone working in that field of business.

Looking back at it I think it was less "injustice Mann" and more HMRC ballsing it up. Besides I don't think that court case went in Pompey FC's favour, it went in Chainrai's favour.

I Personally I think you will be ok because like the PL the FL will be desperate for their league not lose its reputation by a club folding and so they will do anything to help.

Nick I really don't think that's the case with the FL; other clubs have folded and there will be more. The FL don't have the cash swilling around as the PL does, how would they save Pompey?

Nick I really don't think that's the case with the FL; other clubs have folded and there will be more. The FL don't have the cash swilling around as the PL does, how would they save Pompey?

The PL are paying the relegation payments whereas the FL are paying them nothing. The FL are not as totally ball-less as the PL (well not quite) so there is more of a probability that if pushed hard enough the FL might take some action.

well it seems to me that the FL have already closed their eyes to the way that Pompey have strengthened their squad by getting loans in. They saw them send players out on loan to make way for big waged players to come in. I agree the FL do not have the money that the PL have to play with, but they will do their utmost 9under the guise of the football family. lol) to help them. As the Championship will be harmed if a club was liquidated, they dont care so much about the Chesters of the world.

I recall that in the accounts there were some hefty transfer payments due in January as well - presumably some in, but more out.

The total still due back in April was £17M - the Prem must have paid some in August, I presume there must be a whack due next month -anyone remember what page the link was to the precise detail of when each instalment is due?

That'll give a better idea of the cashflow situation.

If it's anything over £200K it'll need a firesale, another crippling loan, or more of the parachute payment to be used.

I recall that in the accounts there were some hefty transfer payments due in January as well - presumably some in, but more out.

The total still due back in April was £17M - the Prem must have paid some in August, I presume there must be a whack due next month -anyone remember what page the link was to the precise detail of when each instalment is due?

That'll give a better idea of the cashflow situation.

If it's anything over £200K it'll need a firesale, another crippling loan, or more of the parachute payment to be used.

They have a number of football creditors due in January,plus the outstanding lawyers fees and the outstanding administration fees (As per last report from uhy hacker) and if the club pay the creditors under 2,500 pounds and charities, that is coming out in January as well. Unfortuneately it is reported (And acknowledged) taht they have already drawn on next years parachute payements, so i suspect it will get into a juggling act of who gets paid and who doesn't. Let's hope it is not the charities that lose out again.

Oh and chanarai moved 3/4 million from the old company into the new company last quarter (leaving no money to pay the lawyers, Southern Electric and outstanding administration fees) ......not sure there is enough to pay 10 pence in the nexy quarter.

well it seems to me that the FL have already closed their eyes to the way that Pompey have strengthened their squad by getting loans in. They saw them send players out on loan to make way for big waged players to come in. I agree the FL do not have the money that the PL have to play with, but they will do their utmost 9under the guise of the football family. lol) to help them. As the Championship will be harmed if a club was liquidated, they dont care so much about the Chesters of the world.

But strictly speaking they weren't breaking any FL rules by doing this, it was 'only' financial lunacy and exploiting another FL rule in (the minimum number of players needed) that they were doing.

I agree with you to an extent about the FL the only way a club will go bust is before the beginning of a season to avoid making a complete farce of the whole thing and limiting the negative PR. If Pompey fail to go up it may happen at the end of this season but ultimately it depends on what the motives of Chainrai are, and whether he is building flats on Fratton Park. . .

But strictly speaking they weren't breaking any FL rules by doing this, it was 'only' financial lunacy and exploiting another FL rule in (the minimum number of players needed) that they were doing.

I agree with you to an extent about the FL the only way a club will go bust is before the beginning of a season to avoid making a complete farce of the whole thing and limiting the negative PR. If Pompey fail to go up it may happen at the end of this season but ultimately it depends on what the motives of Chainrai are, and whether he is building flats on Fratton Park. . .

And yet the FL should have picked this up and realised they couldn't afford to pay those inflated as they have their new improved financial reporting system that clubs who have been in admin have to abide by. Surely you can't mean this wonderful system doesn't work.

And yet the FL should have picked this up and realised they couldn't afford to pay those inflated as they have their new improved financial reporting system that clubs who have been in admin have to abide by. Surely you can't mean this wonderful system doesn't work.

Sounds as if it's as effective as the FA's FAPPT

Only now getting f*cked off about the whole thing, Saint_clark? I've been there ever since Injustice Mann let the Cheats get away with it.

I was p*ssed off then, yes - but the fact that they were allowed to get away with it, only to go back into exactly the same situation has pushed me even further.

I don't know if this was revealed several months ago or not but I found out today that Peter Storrie was actually earning just under £1m a year (rather than the famous quote of £1.2m a yea) and that he and the key staff/players were on the following match bonuses:

Home win - £3,000

Home draw - £1,500

Away win - £1,500

Away draw - £1,000

Loss - Nothing

No idea how those figures compare to the match bonuses of other clubs though.

The PL are paying the relegation payments whereas the FL are paying them nothing. The FL are not as totally ball-less as the PL (well not quite) so there is more of a probability that if pushed hard enough the FL might take some action.

Not necessarily. It depends on how many brown envelopes have been exchanging hands.

TBH I don't blame Mann for voting in Pompey's favour on that courtcase, I think almost all judges would have done the same. I thought HMRC put their case forward from completely the wrong angle, and by what I've heard said their QC didn't seem to know 100% what exactly he was arguing. AA took on the taxman and won which is probably the holy grail of anyone working in that field of business.

Looking back at it I think it was less "injustice Mann" and more HMRC ballsing it up. Besides I don't think that court case went in Pompey FC's favour, it went in Chainrai's favour.

In the short term I would say it went in favour of both. But in the longer term* you probably are right.

* No longer than the end of this season, hopefully. :lol:

If they don't go up this season who is going to buy them? I really think long term they can't have much of a future. I would like to think if saints were in the same situation that we would have set up a new saints fc in non league. Seriously I think we would have done by now.

Can you imagine how the media would salivate over a non league AFC Pompey??

They would have no fans and would play at H&W but TCWTB would be everywhere and the "gratest fans in the world" would be regarded as media heroes - all 3 of them!!

When is this shabby, shameful and pathetic sham going to be slung in the bin, it stinks like some mouldy old food.

I would burn it all to the ****ing ground, its a ****ing eyesore and it represents all that is wrong with our country.

Nottarf is a symbol of cheating and stitching up those who hold you in trust, disregarding the families and communities who have stood by you, and then putting a gun to there head and robbing them before kicking them in the shins... and just for good measure, might as well have the shirt off there back and the shoes off there feet. **** it were ****ing pompey and we can **** over who we like. our fans will condone it, in fact, the fish ****ing retards will ****ing love it, as long as kanu gets another 6 year deal, who the **** cares... wey hey, play up pompey... ****ing disgusting ****s.

the skates have no moral fibre, happy to sell there soul to any arab, ganagster, terrorist, launderer around, arry's still got his £6m derelict nightclub on the seafront, he just cant leave the disease alone.

forget AFC POOPEY, they aint got the make up to put something like that together, not forgetting that 80% of skool leavers on the flea pit island leave with absolutely **** all, it comes as no surpirse that they end up being mastered by a loan shark like that **** Chanrai.

I remember when Saints were looking risky during our admin process, saints fans, along with the council had full plans to start again in the wessex league, if absolutely neccessary. the contingency was there, the skates just moan in there standard muggy little way, all the woe is me, its everyone elses fault... typical dole queue mentality, expecting the mess to be taken care of, with no qualms in admitting there inability to understand how to deal with anything other than buying £1 meals at farmfoods.

I have to say though, every time i hear the name 'Chanrai', or even think it, it does make me chuckle.

you get what you deserve you small minded losers.

enjoy your scummy little ****hole of a ground, whilst all of your time and investment goes straight out the back door and straight into balram and levis back pockets... thatll teach you for getting in bed with the devil, and letting him kick your back doors in, all for a sham trophy now regarded by the nation as a scam dream facilitated by land mine operators.

you are a joke of a club, the nation embraces you as an insovent sham with a **** with a bell for a mascot.

what a ****ing disgusting club, i hope they die of this disease before it spreads out to the rest of the footballing community.

a ****ing disease.

When is this shabby, shameful and pathetic sham going to be slung in the bin, it stinks like some mouldy old food.

I would burn it all to the ****ing ground, its a ****ing eyesore and it represents all that is wrong with our country.

Nottarf is a symbol of cheating and stitching up those who hold you in trust, disregarding the families and communities who have stood by you, and then putting a gun to there head and robbing them before kicking them in the shins... and just for good measure, might as well have the shirt off there back and the shoes off there feet. **** it were ****ing pompey and we can **** over who we like. our fans will condone it, in fact, the fish ****ing retards will ****ing love it, as long as kanu gets another 6 year deal, who the **** cares... wey hey, play up pompey... ****ing disgusting ****s.

the skates have no moral fibre, happy to sell there soul to any arab, ganagster, terrorist, launderer around, arry's still got his £6m derelict nightclub on the seafront, he just cant leave the disease alone.

forget AFC POOPEY, they aint got the make up to put something like that together, not forgetting that 80% of skool leavers on the flea pit island leave with absolutely **** all, it comes as no surpirse that they end up being mastered by a loan shark like that **** Chanrai.

I remember when Saints were looking risky during our admin process, saints fans, along with the council had full plans to start again in the wessex league, if absolutely neccessary. the contingency was there, the skates just moan in there standard muggy little way, all the woe is me, its everyone elses fault... typical dole queue mentality, expecting the mess to be taken care of, with no qualms in admitting there inability to understand how to deal with anything other than buying £1 meals at farmfoods.

I have to say though, every time i hear the name 'Chanrai', or even think it, it does make me chuckle.

enjoy your scummy little ****hole of a ground, whilst all of your time and investment goes straight out the back door and straight into balram and levis back pockets... thatll teach you for getting in bed with the devil, and letting him kick your back doors in, all for a sham trophy now regarded by the nation as a scam dream facilitated by land mine operators.

you are a joke of a club, the nation embraces you as an insovent sham with a **** with a bell for a mascot.

what a ****ing disgusting club, i hope they die of this disease before it spreads out to the rest of the footballing community.

a ****ing disease.

Superb rant!

a ****ing disease.

But what do you really think?

a ****ing disease.

you deserve an award for this. got to be up there in the top 5 of rants ever. good work fella!

a ****ing disease.

you know, I hate it when people pussyfoot around like this instead of just coming out with what they really mean. Policital correctness gone mad!

sorry holepuncture but you can't go accusing people of theft, deceit, poor education standards, inbreeding, ignorance, gullibility, bare-faced cheek, fish molestation, blind naivety, having a shed of a ground, money-laundering, trophy theft and dodgy property development without some facts.

So I suggest you withdraw the idea that Harry will get £6M from his nightclub 'project', it must be £4M tops.

a ****ing disease.

Quite right chap! :lol:

Pompey game today postponed - that won't help with the cash flow.

Oh dear. I'm really gutted for them :)

On a more positive note, I see ten League One games are off now so we aren't going to get cut adrift or suffer worse fixture congestion than most other teams.

Pompey game today postponed - that won't help with the cash flow.

I'm sure you're right. But perhaps not as serious as we may hope. Most regulars amongst the blue few will be season ticket holders i would guess so their money is already banked. Can't image hotdog sales would help that much. Still I'm sure the cancer charities would like even a few quid they are owed.

I'm sure you're right. But perhaps not as serious as we may hope. Most regulars amongst the blue few will be season ticket holders i would guess so their money is already banked. Can't image hotdog sales would help that much. Still I'm sure the cancer charities would like even a few quid they are owed.

Who knows, may even save them a few quid with not having to pay Gaydemak for use of the car parks. Might just give Chainrai some idea's about a business plan going forward..... ;):lol:

Wasn't the season ticket money held in a seperate account by the bank and only distributed back to the club on a game by game basis? (If so, no money for yesterday! :D ) Or did they get it all back when they came out of admin?

Wasn't the season ticket money held in a seperate account by the bank and only distributed back to the club on a game by game basis? (If so, no money for yesterday! :D ) Or did they get it all back when they came out of admin?

No you are correct Marc, money only released after each game. Perhaps the staff wont be getting a Christmas bonus.....i guess they would just take being paid

I think thats about £300K the bank will have held back this month, not a big deal to most clubs but a lifeline if you are trading insolvently.

They desperately need the matchday ticket income, especially as they have given the shop away to Kappa.

Questions potential buyers might want answers to -

what is the debt?

No really, what is the total debt figure?

what future income hasn't already been spoken for?

are there any revenue streams left?

how can we get the wagebill down?

why can't we use the car park and offices?

so other than the debt, what do you actually get for the money?....

Millwall at home on 26th looks unlikely :)

Leeds away 28th too:)

I wonder if they have the same facilities for keeping fit as other clubs? Or are those facilities closed for Xmas.

They'll just have to go "old school" and train on the car park.........oh, they don't own the car park.

if you have a small squad and poor cashflow, anything that delays income and crams the season into a shorter timeframe must be a real bonus!

Bearing in mind we just looked like a team that hadn't trained for a fortnight, I do hope Nige is looking to get depth to the squad and turn this weather to our advantage.

We will all be looking at three games some weeks - any club with no depth is going to get found out.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})