Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

The People is linking us with a 7 million bid for Tello from Barcelona, rivalling Liverpool's interest. Can't see anything about a centre back though.

That'd be the one Nixon was on about! He never mentioned it was a CB so I don't know where people got that from.

Seems its either Tello or Phillips for this role then. I'll be honest, I know nothing about him.

The People is linking us with a 7 million bid for Tello from Barcelona, rivalling Liverpool's interest. Can't see anything about a centre back though.

Well he is very highly rated at Barca and played in one of their Cup matches that I saw. Ambitious move with Liverpool and Arsenal keen.

Would be even more suprising than Ramirez.

Edited by Saint Charlie

there must be something in this as i know for a fact that les read was in barcelona on business last week. i posted this earlier in the week although i didnt know the reason for him being there but this lonks in nicely.

Not sure. Adkins seemed fairly content with Shaw and Fox y/day.

Although we could be after a CB who can also play LB...in an emergency.

Not exactly sure that is how I took his comments. IMO he was saying that the Buttner deal is dead (and if nothing else happens) then we've got two good left backs in Fox and Shaw. Not sure we would have move Harding on if we were not looking at replacements.

It's probably worth mentioning that Nixon also said we're going back with an £8 million bid for Butland, but Liverpool now appear to be the favourites as they're prepared to loan him back to Brum for the season. The other clubs said to be in for him are Man City and Spurs.

Tello starred in Barcelona's 5-1 win against Real Sociedad tonight. Think this rumour might be dead.

Not necessarily as they have Villa to back now. The only reason Tello got a chance last season was Villa's leg break. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tello leave now Villa is back. Whether Saints have a chance it's hard to say. Style of football is right but bigger clubs would be sniffing around.

Also with Rodriguez, Lambert, Guly, Sharp and Lee in the squad already how much time would he get on the pitch?