Da Rosi im kapawu fash, keyá?

***SPOILERS***

I'm gonna miss Ashford. Didn't like him at first but he was a great character. His death was a superb cinematic sequence as well.

Also wondering if Drummer is going to return in season 5, given her departure from Medina station at the end of this season. I liked her too.

• 3 weeks later...
First episode of ST Picard is on Amazon Prime now. Watched it this morning (cos I'm off sick from work at the mo), and it looks very promising.

Had it on first thing at work today whilst marking. I thought it was quite brilliant. Effortlessly embraced canon, expands on ideas brilliantly and a very thought provoking if unsubtle critique of contemporary issues.

Edited by Colinjb
  • 3 weeks later...
First episode of ST Picard is on Amazon Prime now. Watched it this morning (cos I'm off sick from work at the mo), and it looks very promising.

Had it on first thing at work today whilst marking. I thought it was quite brilliant. Effortlessly embraced canon, expands on ideas brilliantly and a very thought provoking if unsubtle critique of contemporary issues.

Seven of Nine just turned up. :):):)

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2 of Altered Carbon is out on Netflix now. Only watched the first two episodes so far but it looks decent.

Got a new lead actor playing Kovacs, but the whole premise of re-sleeving means this fits perfectly well into the AC universe.

Still got the AI hotelier guy though, and he was great in season 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
23 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

ST Discovery Season 3 just started on NETFLIX, new episodes every Friday.

Yep, watched the first one and thought it looked really good.

I really don't get the hatred some people show towards Disco. It's far from perfect, granted, but the biggest problem people seem to have with it is "It's not Star Trek". But it very much is IMO. Much more so than the Kelvin timeline movies anyway. It's a shame people have to judge it based on their own expectations rather than on its own merits. When TNG started, a lot of people hated it and dismissed the idea of a balding English actor playing a reserved French captain of the Enterprise, and its first two seasons were mostly awful. But after it had found its feet and fans grew more attached to the characters, it eventually it became the best loved ST series of them all. 

Disco feels much different because it's much more cinematic looking than previous ST series, and due to the on-demand nature of TV viewing, it is serialised rather than the episodic "alien of the week" format that people were used to previously.* We've had the first two seasons of character development now, and the producers rectified the continuity problems at the end of S2 (explaining why nobody had ever mentioned the spore drive or Spock having a human sister before). Now we get to see this crew in a time period that has never been explored before in ST canon, and I'm really looking forward to how it pans out.

* - on that note, I'm looking forward to seeing the Strange New Worlds spinoff show, featuring Pike and Spock. The studio have said this will be much more like the episodic and optimistic vision of the original series, and I thought Anson Mount as Pike was really good in S2 of Disco.