Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Another little bit that is relevant to this particular rumour

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Ramirez agent Betancourt expected today on meeting with Southampton top executives, probably Cortese

Tancredi Palmeri works for CNN and Gazzetto Dello Sport and has a good reputation. Still think there is zero chance of this happening, at best his agent is using our interest to hurry Spurs/Liverpool into offering more money IMO.

I love articles like this and everyone starts creaming themselves about ambition. The reality is we will sign whatever winger was in the NPC team of the year.

Matt Phillips would be a good signing.

Edited by MOSaint

I know nothing about him, but he's international for a successful nation, he plays in a position we need to improve and he's in a country where we have contacts. So from that I'd conclude it's not impossible, and he'd be an awesome signing.

Oh and he's from Fray Bentos, which is tremendous news for 1980s pie-lovers.

It's a stupid idea.

But then so was finding Guly & Papa in Italian football.

The Don obviously knows someone over there, whether he's talking about Ramirez or not is a different kettle of speculation

He obviously does. Dont forget he turned down AC Milan to stay with us. :proud:

Are you saying Nathaniel Clyne, Steve Davis and Jay Rodriguez are "underwhelming"? Really?

Sure, why not? Davis moved to Scotland to get games and wasn't great for Fulham. Shone at Villa and never kicked on. Rodriguez has never kicked a ball in the prem and is no guarantee of any more than 6 or 7 league goals. The only one who stands out remotely for me is Clyne who I see as having superb potential. Time will tell and I'll happily eat my words but the premiership is not worried one bit about the signings at SFC so far. If this squad played a season they'd go down wouldn't they? So I think it's fair to say I'm underwhelmed 5 days before getting in my car to Manchester.

Are you saying Nathaniel Clyne, Steve Davis and Jay Rodriguez are "underwhelming"? Really?

Being 'wellmed' both under and over is subjective. If rshephard was under-whelmed, he was, even if you where overwhelmed with excitement about the signings.*

*this is not bullying or even being mean, just making a point.

Being 'wellmed' both under and over is subjective. If rshephard was under-whelmed, he was, even if you where overwhelmed with excitement about the signings.*

*this is not bullying or even being mean, just making a point.

I think that's a fair point for everyone to take on board actually. It is a forum afterall. WARNING-REASONED DEBATE GOING ON ON THIS THREAD-SOMEONE FIND A WUM QUICK!

Sure, why not? Davis moved to Scotland to get games and wasn't great for Fulham. Shone at Villa and never kicked on. Rodriguez has never kicked a ball in the prem and is no guarantee of any more than 6 or 7 league goals. The only one who stands out remotely for me is Clyne who I see as having superb potential. Time will tell and I'll happily eat my words but the premiership is not worried one bit about the signings at SFC so far. If this squad played a season they'd go down wouldn't they? So I think it's fair to say I'm underwhelmed 5 days before getting in my car to Manchester.

I could not agree more.

It's a stupid idea. But then so was finding Guly & Papa in Italian football. The Don obviously knows someone over there, whether he's talking about Ramirez or not is a different kettle of speculation

stupid ? ....you mean we shouldn't be trying to sign players of his ilk ?

If indeed we are in for Ramirez - whether we succeed or not - it does show some ambition. He was good in the Olympics, and I can recall that Swedes went potty when Anders Svensson signed after his World Cup wonder goal in 2002. Bit like our fans when Keegan signed for Saints.

Cortese surely has lots of Italian contacts and if Bologna are in financial troubles - (who isn't in Italy?) - then he might be able to make them an offer ........they can't afford to refuse.

Edited by david in sweden

If indeed we are in for Ramirez - whether we succeed or not - it does show some ambition. He was good in the Olympics, and I can recall that Swedes went potty when Anders Svensson signed after his World Cup wonder goal in 2002. Bit like our fans when Keegan signed for Saints.

Cortese has lots of Italian contacts and if Bologna are in financial troubles - (who isn't in Italy?) - then he might be able to make them an offer ........they can't afford to refuse.

The wonder goal was after he had signed for us wasn't it?

Cortese surely has lots of Italian contacts and if Bologna are in financial troubles - (who isn't in Italy?) - then he might be able to make them an offer ........they can't afford to refuse.

Anyone could declare their interest in signing Ramirez, it may show ambition but all slightly irrelevant if you don't sign him. I'll be impressed with our 'ambition' when we actually sign some high quality players.

Also, Anders was already a Saints player when he knocked the Argies out.

The wonder goal was after he had signed for us wasn't it?

well spotted Dibden.

I actually thought about that after I'd written it. Yes ...Anders actually signed the previous year, but the euphoria was there nevertheless. At the time he was a sort of Swedish " Beckham clone " .

Of course it was MICHAEL Svensson who signed in 2002.

It's a bit like when WHU tried to get Tevez and Torres on loan last season. Just makes them look a joke.

That'll be the West Ham who had already had Tevez play for them, right? Albeit a move which cost them £50m odd in compensation due to his third party ownership at the time, but nevertheless, the fact he'd already played there (and at the time wasn't likely to play for Man City again) puts a dent in the suggestion that it made them look like a joke.

Classic!

What's to trial? If he wants to sign here, which I very much doubt he would, you just f*cking sign him.

It's a well known fact that when trying to sign one of Europe most in demand players for big money, you always offer them a trial. You just have to keep it a secret as you can't take players who are under contract on trial. That's probably why you've never heard of clubs doing this before.

It's a well known fact that when trying to sign one of Europe most in demand players for big money, you always offer them a trial. You just have to keep it a secret as you can't take players who are under contract on trial. That's probably why you've never heard of clubs doing this before.
I'm surprised this little secret hasn't slipped out before, what with our track record of trying to sign big money players from Europe's elite clubs.

Bologna's president on Ramirez:

President Albano Guaraldi insists Bologna will keep Premier League and Inter target Gaston Ramirez and sign Manolo Gabbiadini from Atalanta via Juventus.

Uruguayan talent Ramirez has been of interest to the Nerazzurri and several English clubs.

“There is nothing in the air for Ramirez. He is an indispensable player for Bologna,” said Guaraldi.

“If there are common interests for an eventual departure, then we’d have to bring Stefano Pioli a replacement.

“I want to keep him, but if he accepts a different destination in an operation that is acceptable in economic and technical terms, then we’ll see.”

http://www.football-italia.net/23421/bologna-ramirez-and-gabbiadini

Bologna's president on Ramirez:

President Albano Guaraldi insists Bologna will keep Premier League and Inter target Gaston Ramirez and sign Manolo Gabbiadini from Atalanta via Juventus.

Uruguayan talent Ramirez has been of interest to the Nerazzurri and several English clubs.

“There is nothing in the air for Ramirez. He is an indispensable player for Bologna,” said Guaraldi.

“If there are common interests for an eventual departure, then we’d have to bring Stefano Pioli a replacement.

“I want to keep him, but if he accepts a different destination in an operation that is acceptable in economic and technical terms, then we’ll see.”

http://www.football-italia.net/23421/bologna-ramirez-and-gabbiadini

Says he is indispensable then admits should they receive an acceptable offer that they already have a potential replacement lined up.

It will take a big big offer though. Let's see how serious Cortese is about his European dreams....