2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

I think this thread might see a few more visits once people have put them through a wash. Saw one yesterday that was threading after one wash.

Like my "much better quality" adidas shorts from last season.

They are also smaller than the player numbers.

Just checked and it's still 230mm for replica numbers and 258mm for players' numbers, even though they changed the actual material the numbers are made from from 2013/14 (everything's PS-Pro plastic now)

Fantastically Awful. Not sure if I love it or hate it. Article mentions these efforts too. Which I also quite hate and love. The Beer one especially.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/7/19/5919149/cd-lugo-beer-octopus-shirts-2014-2015

I was thinking about what is going on at the club and why so many are leaving and the more i thought, the more i kept coming back to one point. A point made by a fellow fan, whose views are respected almost unanimously. I am absolutely convinced that players are now leaving the club because none of them wish to be see in the home made kit that they are being forced to wear. SaintRobbie first predicted it, a few of us could see it was going to happen and here we are....half a squad lighter. Credit to SR for calling it so early:

We are making our own shirts again? omg. Laughing stock. How the hell do we retain players at the top of their profession dressed in the worst kit in the league? Turn out for saints and have the **** taken out of you by your fellow professionals!

Are the Club stupid? We tried this before. It was crap. Top players dressed in home made shirts...

Why are the new home shirts so long?? I was on the queue last week to have name and number printed and I saw a few people buying nighties for their wives.

Also the fit is just plain awful. Not that impressed I'm sad to say.

I only get one now for my son thee days and we're both a little disappointed. Shame as other than the quality and the fit it's a pleasant enough shirt I guess.

Why are the new home shirts so long?? I was on the queue last week to have name and number printed and I saw a few people buying nighties for their wives.

I only get one now for my son thee days and we're both a little disappointed. Shame as other than the quality and the fit it's a pleasant enough shirt I guess.

Is there enough material in an adult's to make two kiddies' versions out of it?

How much did it taper at the waist line? Not that it's easy to measure, but is it an athletic fit that tapers significantly from the chest width?

My boys love their home kits my 2 year old looks very cute in his and my 11 year old has loved in his since it came in the post. Will have to peel it off him and wash it before the trip to Brighton.

I got one of the grey/yellow training tops and they are very nice as well

Great. Two sizes up, thats what's recommended? Asking those whose waist line reflects years of mediocre desk work and large amounts of alcohol following said mediocrity.

I went one size up. Very odd having loose shoulders and tight waist.

Red and white stripes have always been associated with mediocrity and failure in the English football leagues...So i guess it's fitting big Kat brought back the stripes during her raping of Southampton FC.......Enjoy peeps

And to think I called you a Skate the other day for saying how much you hate the club crest!? I am so sorry, here you are displaying your love of Saints again so clearly.

You are a right old c*nt aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...

As nice as any new signing is, last season when we signed Vic, Lovren and Osvaldo and when they were unvailed in the all red kit, for me, they just did not look like saints signings. With Taider and the rest in the stripes they look like Saints signings.

So nipper up early & all excited to get the new away kit out today ..... So on launch date the Megastore has no tops at all yet for ages above 12 years old !!!!:x

This is added insult & as he went up 2 weeks ago for the home kit & exact same problem.

What a waste of journey & now have a stroppy kid on my hands for the rest of the day