It's because he wants to get a place in the Portugal World Cup squad. Definitely no other reason.

(fwiw, I don't have issue with players like Fonte and Pelle going to China to earn shed loads of money before they retire, just find it amusing that players can never just come out and say it!)

It's because he wants to get a place in the Portugal World Cup squad. Definitely no other reason.

(fwiw, I don't have issue with players like Fonte and Pelle going to China to earn shed loads of money before they retire, just find it amusing that players can never just come out and say it!)

He should say his real motivation is looking forward to winning more headers against smaller Chinese players.

http://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=13260&page=2

well by reading this ^^

crazy how much he has fallen.

I could've told them what to expect. After seeing a few snippets here and there, thought maybe a change of scenery had rejuvenated him, but maybe not. Probably in the same way that anyone watching his goals vs Bournemouth last year might have assumed he was back to his best.

That's quite interesting, it puts pay to the theory that it was the players holding us back rather than the manager.

Obviously Puel is still light years ahead of Pellegrino though.

Leicester under Puel have scored 37 goals in 24 games, failing to score only 4 times. That's a better rate than any team outside the top 6. If anything it shows it was the players.

Leicester under Puel have scored 37 goals in 24 games, failing to score only 4 times. That's a better rate than any team outside the top 6. If anything it shows it was the players.

Did you follow the link and read the comments on the Leicester forum? That's what my comment referred to, I didn't just pluck it out of thin air.

Did you follow the link and read the comments on the Leicester forum? That's what my comment referred to, I didn't just pluck it out of thin air.

I did, but fans are fickle. You're only as good as your last game. Confirmation bias after a bad game. How bored they were after that Stoke game might have had a lot to do with Stoke only taking 4 shots all game and killing the game by sitting back.

Edited by Ultimatt
I did, but fans are fickle. You're only as good as your last game. Confirmation bias after a bad game. How bored they were after that Stoke game might have had a lot to do with Stoke only taking 4 shots all game and killing the game by sitting back.

I only had a look as the commentator on the radio I was listening to, commented how the Leicester fans were turning on Puel. The last 10 games they have picked up one more point than us and last 6, they are below us in the form table.

Not sure it relates to one game!

I only had a look as the commentator on the radio I was listening to, commented how the Leicester fans were turning on Puel. The last 10 games they have picked up one more point than us and last 6, they are below us in the form table.

Not sure it relates to one game!

said it before, puel will do very well to finish next season as leicester manager

I think one particular quote on that Foxes forum is quite telling....

"To me, the sum of our parts is less than the individual parts."

I might suggest that both Puel and Pellegrino have shown us exactly this facet of Southampton FC, from midway through last season and pretty much all of this, so far.

Is this Duckhunter in disguise? :suspicious:

Jesus, what a bunch of moaning entitled rubbish on this forum.

If one of our “nearly” efforts had gone in, we’d not have had to suffer half these threads (“Puel Out” - give me strength) and we’d probably have people saying we can chase down Arsenal.

How was the last 20 minutes “boring” when we laid siege to their goal? It was thrilling.

If you think we played scintillating football for the whole every game, even when we won the league, you are mistaken.

Puel is trying to turn the tanker, develop our squad and our style of play from the title winning year, and he deserves time and at least one Summer window. Those of us who watched us flounder and get relegated years ago should know that teams who change their manager every five minutes will end up failing.

If you want to win every game playing stylish champagne football, go and support Barcelona. We are on track to finish in our second highest position that I can remember, and I’m bloody ancient.

This is truly a golden era for us.

Get over yourselves.

Not quite what was said "He clearly doesn’t want to go back to Southampton after his loan ends in the summer, if he isn’t going to be involved in first-team football"

The tweet doesn't say that.

That’ll teach me to read tweets properly. I’m blaming a heavy night and a early start

I read this and thought it sounded like he was saying the training at Southampton wasn't tough enough, which says a lot. But he's still a c ock though

Think how the team worked when Poch was here and compare that to the last two seasons...

I read this and thought it sounded like he was saying the training at Southampton wasn't tough enough, which says a lot. But he's still a c ock though
He may be, and probably is, but I think he's right on the training being too soft. We've been very weak in second halves this season (have lost something like 10 points from half-time scores) and have conceded late on when looking knackered more than once.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Was going to save this for later in case we all needed cheering up, but it's too good to wait.

I see Jose Fonte made his debut for Dalian Yifang in the Chinese Super League today. Gave away a penalty in an 8-0 defeat to Shanghai SIPG !!!!

8-0? legend

Was going to save this for later in case we all needed cheering up, but it's too good to wait.

I see Jose Fonte made his debut for Dalian Yifang in the Chinese Super League today. Gave away a penalty in an 8-0 defeat to Shanghai SIPG !!!!

Pochettino again proving that he's one of the best managers in the world (amongst those who've won **** all).

Wiley bunch them Juve players, Chellini is one of those players you can’t help dislike, but without doubt the bloke is a grand master in the art of defending. Pochettino had no answer to Allegri playing his joker with his subs.

Spurs have got a bit of a Saintsy downgrading problem - albeit at a much higher level, obviously.

Last season they had the best two fullbacks in the league, Walker and Rose, whereas this season they've gone with very mid-table footballers in Trippier and Davies.

Wanyama was their midfield lynchpin last season, but the incredibly mediocre Eric Dier plays now.

Sanchez is a brilliant prospect at centre back, but not at Alderweireld's quality yet.

Injuries are partly to blame, of course, but when you add in that Deli Ali has been a passenger in many games (including tonight), I think the media narrative that Spurs are "getting better" and "developing all the time" is on shaky grounds.

They've gone backwards from 2nd to 4th, they're going to sell their best defender in the summer, the manager is on Madrid and PSG's wishlist, along with a few players - I think it could all fall apart very quickly.

Although as we're about to get relegated with the most inept excuse for a manager and a board who don't give a damn, Spurs' impending minor demise isn't much of cold comfort.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Spurs have got a bit of a Saintsy downgrading problem - albeit at a much higher level, obviously.

Last season they had the best two fullbacks in the league, Walker and Rose, whereas this season they've gone with very mid-table footballers in Trippier and Davies.

Wanyama was their midfield lynchpin last season, but the incredibly mediocre Eric Dier plays now.

Sanchez is a brilliant prospect at centre back, but not at Alderweireld's quality yet.

Injuries are partly to blame, of course, but when you add in that Deli Ali has been a passenger in many games (including tonight), I think the media narrative that Spurs are "getting better" and "developing all the time" is on shaky grounds.

They've gone backwards from 2nd to 4th, they're going to sell their best defender in the summer, the manager is on Madrid and PSG's wishlist, along with a few players - I think it could all fall apart very quickly.

Although as we're about to get relegated with the most inept excuse for a manager and a board who don't give a damn, Spurs' impending minor demise isn't much of cold comfort.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Very true. Add to that some sizeable bids for Kane and Ali in the summer and their wage cap and you have a club that might struggle with their transition to the new stadium. Would laugh so much when Pochetino goes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spurs have really blown a golden opportunity the past few years. They really should have at least one trophy for the strength of that current squad.

Can't see them holding them all together again this summer....they simply don't or can't pay the BIG super wages

If Mopo exits or Kane, you could see a quick domino effect.

The manager picks Dier over Vic, and leaves Rose (now he’s fit) out. He seems to be freezing Toby out as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
Spurs have really blown a golden opportunity the past few years. They really should have at least one trophy for the strength of that current squad.

Can't see them holding them all together again this summer....they simply don't or can't pay the BIG super wages

If Mopo exits or Kane, you could see a quick domino effect.

I think reckon Kane has 1 more season in him at Spurs

He is an awesome striker, surely he will want to play at the very top

I think reckon Kane has 1 more season in him at Spurs

He is an awesome striker, surely he will want to play at the very top

The lure and excitement of the new stadium might help. Personally feel Mopo would do well to move on now.

His stock is still high despite 10 years of management (4 seasons with an extremely good Spurs squad) and zero trophies.