CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

far too much politics on this football forum. Hate the fact that a new player thread has just become dull, drivel side-taking.

Who gives a toss about whether people are too pessimistic or - as I am - overly optimistic. Only a few of us really know what is going on behind the scenes and have any say in what to do, the rest of us are just blowing hot air about what we think is going on, and what we think should happen. Hot air can be entertaining sometimes....don't get be wrong

Just think there's been far too much of this 'being offended' (on a f*cking internet forum...?) and then it just becomes a game of scratch my back/scratch yours. Things escalate, 'rivalries' (....on a f*cking internet forum...?) get formed and people get pssed off. I know I'll get replies saying things like 'nothing about the rivalries, it's because we love the football that were against so-and-so'....but its schoolyard stuff.

I'm not a 'let's all get along' poster, nor a 'it's all about the football lets keep it on topic'. Either enjoy using the forum, or don't. Theres no loyalty or need to return to read about hot air. I love talking football, tactics, transfers, players, reviewing matches but seems theres only a handful of us left !!

here goes

far too much politics on this football forum. Hate the fact that a new player thread has just become dull, drivel side-taking.

Who gives a toss about whether people are too pessimistic or - as I am - overly optimistic. Only a few of us really know what is going on behind the scenes and have any say in what to do, the rest of us are just blowing hot air about what we think is going on, and what we think should happen. Hot air can be entertaining sometimes....don't get be wrong

Just think there's been far too much of this 'being offended' (on a f*cking internet forum...?) and then it just becomes a game of scratch my back/scratch yours. Things escalate, 'rivalries' (....on a f*cking internet forum...?) get formed and people get pssed off. I know I'll get replies saying things like 'nothing about the rivalries, it's because we love the football that were against so-and-so'....but its schoolyard stuff.

I'm not a 'let's all get along' poster, nor a 'it's all about the football lets keep it on topic'. Either enjoy using the forum, or don't. Theres no loyalty or need to return to read about hot air. I love talking football, tactics, transfers, players, reviewing matches but seems theres only a handful of us left !!

here goes

Its the people moaning about people moaning that you've got to watch out for... ;)

Another Celtic fan here, sad to see him go but I like Southampton so hope he does well for you, I have no doubt you will be in the same position as us in 24-36 month, those FM stats are a joke, he's got all the attributes to play at the very top of world football.

His only weakness is he can be a bit lackadaisical, but I assume that was due to things being very easy for him in some games, when he's concentrating 100% he looks as classy a defender as i've ever seen.

Not sure if it's Koeman's style but if you are needing a goal late in the game Virgil is a very good targetman, I'm certain he could do the job as a striker in the right team.

van Dijk is 6 foot 4, Fraser Forster is 6 foot 7.

You seriously can not guess at stats anymore on here. We surely have the most accurate and some might say anally retentive forum in the UK?

Not 'having a go' btw. I smile every time I see MLG come in and sweep up the crumbs created by some flippant falsehoods. Excellent stuff my friend.

Meant to say, I've heard from a very well connected fella up here that the fee could end up more than £15m based on appearances and league position.

Even at that price i'm sure you've got a bargain, he'll be sold for around £30m in the future I believe.

Another Celtic fan here, sad to see him go but I like Southampton so hope he does well for you, I have no doubt you will be in the same position as us in 24-36 month, those FM stats are a joke, he's got all the attributes to play at the very top of world football.

His only weakness is he can be a bit lackadaisical, but I assume that was due to things being very easy for him in some games, when he's concentrating 100% he looks as classy a defender as i've ever seen.

Not sure if it's Koeman's style but if you are needing a goal late in the game Virgil is a very good targetman, I'm certain he could do the job as a striker in the right team.

I noticed vs Malmo that at the end, he was playing as a centre forward.

Thats what the potential ability rating is for. At the moment he hasn't proven himself regularly against high quality attacking players.

Whatever. I addressed the point you made. You were wrong.

But of course.

If we'd lost or even drawn on Sunday you'd gave been all over this forum like a scabby rash. I know it, you know it, we all know it.

Let's see how your mobile phone battery survives next time we don't win.

I'm fairly sure I saw him wandering around Winchester on Tuesday afternoon - he also had a black guy in a brand new Saints shirt following him around - I had my headphones in but the Saints shirt bloke was definitely saying something about Virgil as I walked past him. Was difficult to tell if he was a really weird mate or a really weird stalker.

I'm fairly sure I saw him wandering around Winchester on Tuesday afternoon - he also had a black guy in a brand new Saints shirt following him around - I had my headphones in but the Saints shirt bloke was definitely saying something about Virgil as I walked past him. Was difficult to tell if he was a really weird mate or a really weird stalker.

Victor Wanyama is putting him up until he gets his own place.

That's a joke, ok, I have no evidence to confirm that...yet! :)

• 3 weeks later...