Jump to content

Injury Watch


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Take it you have never had a knee operation? Even a routine one takes a bit of recovering from, let alone being back playing professional sport.

Partly physical, one thing running in a straight line, another entirely to twist and turn. Then also mentally to have full confidence in it.

If he is back playing by Boxing Day then thats a decent outcome, and nothing to suggest that won't be the case.

You are completely missing the point. We were told 2-3 weeks ago he would likely be back in 4-6 weeks, it was all going well, he had had the op. Now Weston reports 4 weeks away from return. Suggests (not knowing when Weston got this information or when it was based on) that his return is at the long end of his predicted return or even longer, rather than the optimistic end of the interval. That's all. The implication from Weston was that it was good news (though he didn't say as much), but actually it is disappointing news based on the original estimates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I am saying is that these timelines are just estimates and this is real life, not a computer game. If he ends up being ready in 7 weeks overall then that is probably a good outcome for someone who has had serious injuries in the past.

I have had the exact operation that Ings had. Whilst its not a serious one, it still takes some proper rehab to recover from, let alone be back playing in a PL team. Certainly he is in good shape to recover well, but its not the type of thing you would rush back from too quickly when realistically an extra week makes little difference.

If it takes 7 weeks in the end but he is properly fit and his knee is good then I don't particularly see how that is disappointing, unless you expected him back in 4 weeks, which I personally did not.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dusic said:

What I am saying is that these timelines are just estimates and this is real life, not a computer game. If he ends up being ready in 7 weeks overall then that is probably a good outcome for someone who has had serious injuries in the past.

I have had the exact operation that Ings had. Whilst its not a serious one, it still takes some proper rehab to recover from, let alone be back playing in a PL team. Certainly he is in good shape to recover well, but its not the type of thing you would rush back from too quickly when realistically an extra week makes little difference.

If it takes 7 weeks in the end but he is properly fit and his knee is good then I don't particularly see how that is disappointing, unless you expected him back in 4 weeks, which I personally did not.

 

Indeed. These things can't be rushed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dusic said:

What I am saying is that these timelines are just estimates and this is real life, not a computer game. If he ends up being ready in 7 weeks overall then that is probably a good outcome for someone who has had serious injuries in the past.

I have had the exact operation that Ings had. Whilst its not a serious one, it still takes some proper rehab to recover from, let alone be back playing in a PL team. Certainly he is in good shape to recover well, but its not the type of thing you would rush back from too quickly when realistically an extra week makes little difference.

If it takes 7 weeks in the end but he is properly fit and his knee is good then I don't particularly see how that is disappointing, unless you expected him back in 4 weeks, which I personally did not.

 

Oh dear. 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Oh dear. 🙄

Not necessarily "Oh dear 🙄". If Theo keeps going as he is, we may not miss Danny quite as much as most people fear. The problem might then be how do we fit Danny and Theo into our side together with Redmond & Djenepo gnawing at the bit on the sidelines and Stuart Armstrong not about to roll over and disappear.

The future is bright, it's Red & White!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Hasenhuttl said in his last press conference Ings will probably be back for the Brighton game.

 

2 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Appy said last week he's back for Brighton. Assuming bench.

Saints U23s play Man Utd Friday so should also give us a clue who'll be in the squad for Brighton.

On the bench perhaps in case Theo should tire in the second half (when Djenepo could swap sides) But too early to start I would think . I'm slightly worried about Ings returning too soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2020 at 15:56, Toadhall Saint said:

5ml of unicorn blood per day.

 

On 14/12/2020 at 16:13, Saint_clark said:

Hopefully partey doesn't make a miraculous recovery. 

 

On 13/12/2020 at 22:02, Hamilton Saint said:

No injuries to the Saints' squad. Quite astounding that, isn't it? Are we just very lucky, or is there more to it than that?

Ralph has mentioned Vestergard in today's Fulham briefing

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Ralph just said Vestergaard out fur 4 weeks, Redmond the same, not sure about Danny.

Wouldn't have said it 6 months ago, but missing Vestergaard is a disaster. Not just for our defensive shape, but our attack....he is pivotal in spreading the play, we don't have anyone else who can do that. That automatically removes an enormous chunk out of our game.

Could be a ropey January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So we have a pretty extensive injury list at the moment. Just thought I'd summarise them here:

Vestergaard - Knee injury. Return date - End of Jan.

Redmond - Hamstring injury. Return date - 16th-24th Jan.

Djenepo - Hamstring injury. Return date - Unknown but probably 4-6 weeks).

Obafemi - Muscle injury. Return date - Unknown but apparently quite serious.

Salisu - Muscle injury. Return date - Unknown.

Romeu - Calf injury. Return date - 16th Jan.

McCarthy - Covid. Return date - 16th Jan.

Adams - Concussion. Return date - 9th Jan. 

Hopefully we'll have a few back for the Leicester game. It's a shame for Obafemi, thought a loan would be ideal for him. 

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2021 at 23:40, S-Clarke said:

I thought we'd see Salisu on the pitch against Shrewsbury, that seems unlikely now. I wonder if he'll go an entire season without a minute of reserve or first team football?

Some random bloke on FB said that there was a rumour that Salisu was on his way out without playing a game....probably bowlux as Ralph described him not long ago as "the future of the club" didn't he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Some random bloke on FB said that there was a rumour that Salisu was on his way out without playing a game....probably bowlux as Ralph described him not long ago as "the future of the club" didn't he?

An excellent source ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2021 at 23:34, Harry_SFC said:

So we have a pretty extensive injury list at the moment. Just thought I'd summarise them here:

Vestergaard - Knee injury. Return date - End of Jan.

Redmond - Hamstring injury. Return date - 16th-24th Jan.

Djenepo - Hamstring injury. Return date - Unknown but probably 4-6 weeks).

Obafemi - Muscle injury. Return date - Unknown but apparently quite serious.

Salisu - Muscle injury. Return date - Unknown.

Romeu - Calf injury. Return date - 16th Jan.

McCarthy - Covid. Return date - 16th Jan.

Adams - Concussion. Return date - 9th Jan. 

Hopefully we'll have a few back for the Leicester game. It's a shame for Obafemi, thought a loan would be ideal for him. 

Anyone know how Vestergaard is getting on? Leicester were after him. Presume that's all off...

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DT said:

Anyone know how Vestergaard is getting on? Leicester were after him. Presume that's all off...

We will probably found out Thursday or whenever Ralph does his next press conference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it's very frustrating that we are not being told when we can expect players to return. We was told JV was at least 4 weeks but not had update recently. Moussa, salisu, Redmond, obafemi and tella all unknown. It was lead to believe Romeu would be back for Leicester game yet wasn't even in squad. Wasn't clear why Ings couldn't feature against Leicester as he was due to return to training last Friday. Does he actually have symptoms therefore not fit enough? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

To me it's very frustrating that we are not being told when we can expect players to return. We was told JV was at least 4 weeks but not had update recently. Moussa, salisu, Redmond, obafemi and tella all unknown. It was lead to believe Romeu would be back for Leicester game yet wasn't even in squad. Wasn't clear why Ings couldn't feature against Leicester as he was due to return to training last Friday. Does he actually have symptoms therefore not fit enough? 

The lack of info seems to be coinciding with the January transfer window. I hope that the club is better than to use injury as a screen for deals going on behind the scenes. Always suspected VVD’s injury at the time wasn’t really an injury (or at least towards the end). When is Vestergaard due back? It’s all very quiet and also coincides with his best ever form for the club, with many pundits taking notice. Would be good to have this conspiracy theory put to rest by firm details or even updates from the players themselves. Wouldn’t take long. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DT said:

The lack of info seems to be coinciding with the January transfer window. I hope that the club is better than to use injury as a screen for deals going on behind the scenes. Always suspected VVD’s injury at the time wasn’t really an injury (or at least towards the end). When is Vestergaard due back? It’s all very quiet and also coincides with his best ever form for the club, with many pundits taking notice. Would be good to have this conspiracy theory put to rest by firm details or even updates from the players themselves. Wouldn’t take long. 

I think vesty might be on his way out .. identical to the vvd scenario.. no info spells trouble for me .. i suspect the debt we are in ings and jwp could also be on the way out in the summer .. Bertie may sign see his career out here but maybe he will have to take a drop in wages .. as for salisu my guess is the excuse he doesn’t like the weather is lame .. don’t think he’ll play for us IMO .. hope I’m wrong cos Stephens again last night was found wanting .. bad decisions again .. glad we have 29 points as Ralph stated last night .. that statement told me everything about the rest of our nearly season .

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

I think vesty might be on his way out .. identical to the vvd scenario.. no info spells trouble for me .. i suspect the debt we are in ings and jwp could also be on the way out in the summer .. Bertie may sign see his career out here but maybe he will have to take a drop in wages .. as for salisu my guess is the excuse he doesn’t like the weather is lame .. don’t think he’ll play for us IMO .. hope I’m wrong cos Stephens again last night was found wanting .. bad decisions again .. glad we have 29 points as Ralph stated last night .. that statement told me everything about the rest of our nearly season .

Blimey, chin up son!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Gutted for the lad.

 

 

Poor boy, when I saw his knee bend sideways in the challenge Ii feared something bad. Makes you wonder why the physios thought he could run it off?

Edited by Toussaint
Link to post
Share on other sites

Injury update from Ralph:

“Not on Tuesday, definitely not, but maybe on Saturday,” he said of potential return dates. “The earliest return will be Ingsy, then Moussa maybe, with Ori and Reddy also in this group.

“Then maybe Jannik, but that can be in February, and Salisu is still longer out with a muscle injury.

“We have some problems at the moment with muscle injuries and there are some reasons I think that are responsible for this.

“We are in a fantastic building here but we cannot use anything (due to Covid-19). We cannot use our cryo chamber, the sauna, the pool, nothing, and we have still the same games with the same intensity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, M271 said:

Injury update from Ralph:
“We have some problems at the moment with muscle injuries and there are some reasons I think that are responsible for this.

“We are in a fantastic building here but we cannot use anything (due to Covid-19). We cannot use our cryo chamber, the sauna, the pool, nothing, and we have still the same games with the same intensity.

 

Interesting. Shame, all these marginal gains which collectively have a significant impact, imagine the players aren't even eating as a group as they did previously. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})