Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I guess with that we are back to praying that boufal comes good. Very disappointing from the club though and not much of an incentive to watch us this year if you want exciting football or interesting games. A midfield consisting of the likes of Tadic, jwp, romeu, redmond is enough to send you to sleep.

I agree. Play often breaks down when the ball gets to the undroppable Tadic, and to a lesser extent, Redmond. JWP is purportedly a dead ball King but in open play isn't very effective. Boufal has all sorts of ability and will hopefully fulfil his potential, but needs to play to have a chance of that. Beyond that it's hard to see who'll put goals on a plate for our strikers who aren't the sort to create anything for themselves.

It's not often I post on here but sometimes I'm party to news which simply has to be made available. I shouldn't be letting any of this out wanted people to know whats really going on at the club (but please please do not pass this on to anyone else as my source's cover is likely to be blown. Anyway, here goes - this is what I've been told:

VVD may well go at the start of next season - my source wouldn't say where but think top 4 or main Spanish cities

Cedric and Bertrand are in demand and may well go then too - my source wasn't clear to where but did categorically rule out Bournemouth as an option

Kat may well sell her 20% share over the next 5 years. My source didn't say to whom - but likely to be the new Chinese owners

and heres the real juicy stuff - I'm told that apparently a number of players (think Shane, Bouf, Jimmy Ward P and Stuart Taylor) want to play more football.

As I said, I don't often post on here as I dont want to ruin my source of information, but check my history and you'll see that I correctly predicted we'd leave The Dell in 2001, I predicted we'd wear yellow and blue at Cardiff in 2003, correctly predicted we'd be promoted in 2012 (although my source didn't tell me in Feb that year that Reading would be champions). I was widely criticised for stating we'd wear the black away kit at Wembley this year but sometimes you have to leave misinformation in order not to blow your source's cover.

So - I'll probably go quiet now until next year but if you hear of a highly placed executive casualty tomorrow morning (think nice Audi leaving the training ground today) you'll know my source has been rumbled......

It's not often I post on here but sometimes I'm party to news which simply has to be made available. I shouldn't be letting any of this out wanted people to know whats really going on at the club (but please please do not pass this on to anyone else as my source's cover is likely to be blown. Anyway, here goes - this is what I've been told:

VVD may well go at the start of next season - my source wouldn't say where but think top 4 or main Spanish cities

Cedric and Bertrand are in demand and may well go then too - my source wasn't clear to where but did categorically rule out Bournemouth as an option

Kat may well sell her 20% share over the next 5 years. My source didn't say to whom - but likely to be the new Chinese owners

and heres the real juicy stuff - I'm told that apparently a number of players (think Shane, Bouf, Jimmy Ward P and Stuart Taylor) want to play more football.

As I said, I don't often post on here as I dont want to ruin my source of information, but check my history and you'll see that I correctly predicted we'd leave The Dell in 2001, I predicted we'd wear yellow and blue at Cardiff in 2003, correctly predicted we'd be promoted in 2012 (although my source didn't tell me in Feb that year that Reading would be champions). I was widely criticised for stating we'd wear the black away kit at Wembley this year but sometimes you have to leave misinformation in order not to blow your source's cover.

So - I'll probably go quiet now until next year but if you hear of a highly placed executive casualty tomorrow morning (think nice Audi leaving the training ground today) you'll know my source has been rumbled......

Thanks Malcolm - Let's hope that its not a "Yellow Pages" type of Casualty.

Cheers. Don't make a stranger of yourself!

Despite our current form, surely we would have thought, on paper/potential, there would be goals in the players we have on the squad.

first XI

-----------Gabbiadini-----------

---Tadic---Boufal---Redmond--

-------Lemina------Romeu-----

Bertrand--VVD--Hoedt--Cedric

-------------Forster-------------

2nd XI

-------------Austin---------------

---Sims-----Long-----Prowse---

------Davis------Hojbjerg-------

Targett-Yoshida-Stephens-Pied

------------McCarthy------------

Despite our current form, surely we would have thought, on paper/potential, there would be goals in the players we have on the squad.

first XI

-----------Gabbiadini-----------

---Tadic---Boufal---Redmond--

-------Lemina------Romeu-----

Bertrand--VVD--Hoedt--Cedric

-------------Forster-------------

2nd XI

-------------Austin---------------

---Sims-----Long-----Prowse---

------Davis------Hojbjerg-------

Targett-Yoshida-Stephens-Pied

------------McCarthy------------

The top team is strong, we should be capable of a decent league showing if we keep that together (with one or two tweaks along the way) this season.

The second team is decent and should serve us well for another good league cup run... D'OH!

The top team is strong, we should be capable of a decent league showing if we keep that together (with one or two tweaks along the way) this season.

The second team is decent and should serve us well for another good league cup run... D'OH!

Fantastic defensively but very little creativity and not a lot in attack apart from gabbiadini. Boufal becomes vital if we want to achieve anything beyond mediocrity. Hopefully pellegrino can get him playing.

Some great players moved to new clubs yesterday and it's a surprise we never went for any of them.

If WBA and Swansea can sign them then I'm surprised we couldn't IMHO.

Well Paul Clement's connection with Ancelotti is partly behind why they managed to get Sanches, so that's one reason for you.

Fantastic defensively but very little creativity and not a lot in attack apart from gabbiadini. Boufal becomes vital if we want to achieve anything beyond mediocrity. Hopefully pellegrino can get him playing.

As things currently stand, agree. But even though I'm not Redmond's biggest fan, I have seen him play well in the past. Equally Tadic has been excellent at times over the past couple of years, and is very creative. The problem is either that they're not being dropped/rested despite underperforming for ages, or that we aren't deploying the right tactics to get them involved in the game. Whether Boufal can make it in this league remains to be seen, but he is certainly skillful and creative enough, it's just a question of whether he can hone those abilities to be effective.

Some great players moved to new clubs yesterday and it's a surprise we never went for any of them.

If WBA and Swansea can sign them then I'm surprised we couldn't IMHO.

We can only hope and pray we might sign a "great" player like what WBA and Swansea have one day.

Until then it's just an impossible dream.

Imagine the reaction on here if our board had made a late deadline day attempt to offload Virgil to Liverpool after saying he wasn't for sale at any price.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/02/barcelona-liverpool-philippe-coutinho-deadline-day

Ralph and Les have gone up even further in my estimation.

I reckon he would have gone if Chelsea or City (or anyone else bar Liverpool) came in with a £75m bid

I reckon he would have gone if Chelsea or City (or anyone else bar Liverpool) came in with a £75m bid

But they didn't, probably because that's far more than they'd be willing to pay. Bloke needs to reboost his value in the eyes of other clubs if he wants to get a big money move eventually. For the time being he's a trouble maker who's not played for about 6 months. Still reckon we'll never see the same sort of money that Liverpool would have given us.

Nope, no move at all. Be interesting to see what happens in January...

In fact Valence did sign (on loan) what to me would appear a similar sort of player from PSG. Perhaps Atletico and/or Vietto were too greedy or both. Could be that the bloke from PSG had a better agent or that PSG were willing to offer far more subsidies.

ATLETI DUO TURKEY BOUND?

Atletico Madrid forwards Luciano Vietto and Nicolas Gaitan could move to Turkey, reports sources in Turkey and Spain.

The transfer window is open in Turkey until Sept 8 and there is interest from various Super Lig clubs in Vietto and Gaitan.

According to reports in Turkey, Fenerbahce are trying to sign striker Vietto. They have already contacted intermediaries to sound out Atleti’s interest in selling the former Villarreal man.

Fener want to sign Vietto on loan, but Atleti are only willing to sell him outright.

Meanwhile, AS reports that Gaitan has been offered to Galatasaray, Besiktas, Basaksehir and Fener. The former Benfica winger would cost €15m.

Odd one if we did try to get him on loan, only possibly could make sense if Targett deal went through but that would have still left us with 3 left backs...odd.

So are we trying to stockpile left backs for a reason?

If this deal had come off we'd have had Bertrand, McQueen, Targett, this fella, Wood, and Vokins off the top of my head.