Pre-Season (2016/17)

At the game. Not as much intensity from Saints as the Espanyol game. Redmond quieter in this game too although had a good effort that hit the wood work. Nice composed finish by Long for the goal. Looks like Fonte could be coming on at half time

Agree, although obviously hope he is great as no 10! Tadic seems to enjoy being 1-on-1 with a defender, turning them inside out and beating them. You have chance to do that as a winger but not so much centrally.

See now this I disagree with. Tadic is very good at beating a defender (unbalancing them) in a one versus one but doesn't get past a player which is what you want wingers to.

Tadic should be fine as a 10, only difference you'll see now is perhaps more shooting or inside channel through balls.

At the game. Not as much intensity from Saints as the Espanyol game. Redmond quieter in this game too although had a good effort that hit the wood work. Nice composed finish by Long for the goal. Looks like Fonte could be coming on at half time

Better if he came on after HT. ;)

See now this I disagree with. Tadic is very good at beating a defender (unbalancing them) in a one versus one but doesn't get past a player which is what you want wingers to.

Tadic should be fine as a 10, only difference you'll see now is perhaps more shooting or inside channel through balls.

Maybe he doesn't "beat them" in terms of pace, but he usually finds enough space to put a decent cross in, I am often surprised how often he manages it - this is more what I meant, if he gets a ball into the box, surely he has done what he needs to, even if he hasn't raced clear of the defender.

So no losses in pre-season and what? 2 goals conceded and 10 goals scored in five games. Can't read to much into pre-season but that has to be good for the teams confidence going into our first league match.

Decent for a new manager with a new style of play.