Jump to content

Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk


Saints Web Definitely Not Official Second Referendum  

175 members have voted

  1. 1. Saints Web Definitely Not Official Second Referendum

    • Leave Before - Leave Now
      42
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
      8
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
      2
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
      95
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
      7
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
      0
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
      3
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
      4
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
      3
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding
      11


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

If I were you I wouldnt go around calling anyone dim.

Remind us again how Japan is just a  small  island  or how many zlotys there are to the pound. 

Why do you think you are known as the village idiot?

Nice one Jeff.  Another classic :mcinnes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Meh, I guess we can consider it 'what goes around, comes around' where dim tim is concerned ;)

When people can't put forward a cogent argument without resorting to childish insults, they'd be better off keeping quiet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I don't want to call anyone thick....

Exactly, I didn't call anyone thick, you seem incapable of accepting that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shurlock said:

“British business faces £7bn red tape bill under Brexit border plan

Government’s ‘new start’ will generate 215m customs declarations a year and need 50,000 extra customs agents“

https://www.ft.com/content/fbc6f191-6d69-4dcb-b374-0fa6e48a9a1e
 

Bloody EU and it’s red tape - Brexit and Brexiters the gifts that keep on giving.

 

*yawn*

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shurlock said:

“British business faces £7bn red tape bill under Brexit border plan

Government’s ‘new start’ will generate 215m customs declarations a year and need 50,000 extra customs agents“

https://www.ft.com/content/fbc6f191-6d69-4dcb-b374-0fa6e48a9a1e
 

Bloody EU and it’s red tape - Brexit and Brexiters the gifts that keep on giving.

 

That can't be right. In 2016 Johnson and Gove promised us staying in the single market and frictionless trade.

They wouldn't tell lies, would they?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Please provide the link, I’d hate to think you just made that up. 

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI – the BDI – has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market. Britain is and always will be a great European power, offering top-table opinions and giving leadership on everything from foreign policy to defence to counter-terrorism and intelligence-sharing – all the things we need to do together to make our world safer".   

Edited by buctootim
Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So you were clearly wrong when you accused the OP of making it up but don't have the balls or decency to admit it. You do seem tyo have a problem with women showing you up. The second quote from Johnson was after the referendum - so supercedes your quotes fwiw.   

Edited by buctootim
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buctootim said:
 

So you were clearly wrong when you accused the OP of making it up but don't have the balls or decency to admit it. You do seem tyo have a problem with women showing you up. The second quote from Johnson was after the referendum - so subsequent to your quotes fwiw.   

I didn’t accuse anyone of making anything up and certainly won’t take lectures from someone who refuses to pay a losing bet.

 

The clips were from the purdah period of the referendum, when both sides clearly stated we were voting to leave the SM. 
 

Still awaiting the Gove link. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Please provide the link, I’d hate to think you just made that up. 

Haha you little Trumpette. You've learnt from a guy finishing up  thr most embarassing [presidency in US history. Imply imply imply then deny deny deny. You have no substantive points which stand up to scrutiny for more than a few minutes so you just dissemble and squeal "i never said them fings". Go Glen.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear me. Remoaners on here continue  to drone on and on ad infinitum about the events of over four years ago. I suspect that it is much the same throughout the country; bad losers everywhere.

When are you going to honour the £50 bet that we wouldn't sign up to a Norway style trade deal, Timmy?

Either do the decent thing, or give us a good reason why you don't think that you should settle it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

Dear me. Remoaners on here continue  to drone on and on ad infinitum about the events of over four years ago. I suspect that it is much the same throughout the country; bad losers everywhere.

When are you going to honour the £50 bet that we wouldn't sign up to a Norway style trade deal, Timmy?

Either do the decent thing, or give us a good reason why you don't think that you should settle it now.

Yawn*

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

I'm pleased that you agree that the constant raking over of old coals is tedious

In what way is assessing the financial impact of the new red tape, "raking over old coals"? It is entirely germane to assessing the credibility and performance of those who wanted to push Brexit on the back of premises which are challenged by the same impacts.

This is a subject relevant to the whole State.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, benjii said:

In what way is assessing the financial impact of the new red tape, "raking over old coals"? It is entirely germane to assessing the credibility and performance of those who wanted to push Brexit on the back of premises which are challenged by the same impacts.

This is a subject relevant to the whole State.

I agree that debate about red tape subsequent to our having left the EU is a relevant current topic. However, Ecuk highjacked that topic by mentioning discussions about the single market pre-referendum, inviting the ensuing several posts. That was the tedious raking over of old coals I referred to.

Regarding the red tape issue, I take the view that once totally free of the single market and customs union it will increase for some businesses. However, it is also the case that many other businesses who do not export to the EU will see a considerable decrease in red tape. The FT, like the CBI, which has always been big on economic project fear stories is talking on behalf of big multi-nationals, rather than the SMEs IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

55 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

I agree that debate about red tape subsequent to our having left the EU is a relevant current topic. 

Regarding the red tape issue, I take the view that once totally free of the single market and customs union it will increase for some businesses. However, it is also the case that many other businesses who do not export to the EU will see a considerable decrease in red tape. The FT, like the CBI, which has always been big on economic project fear stories is talking on behalf of big multi-nationals, rather than the SMEs IMO

Small businesses say no to a disorderly ‘No Deal’ Brexit

PRESS RELEASES 1 Aug 2018

A ‘No Deal’ Brexit would disproportionately hit small businesses in the UK, according to the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB). The warning comes alongside new research that reveals the consequences for small businesses if they are faced with any form of customs declarations post Brexit.

FSB’s new research found that close to two thirds (59%) of small businesses that export goods to the EU Customs Union, felt that trade would be impacted if overall costs increased as a result of having to complete additional customs declarations. Worryingly, over one in ten (11%) smaller firms say that they would stop exporting to the EU altogether.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, buctootim said:

 

Small businesses say no to a disorderly ‘No Deal’ Brexit

PRESS RELEASES 1 Aug 2018

A ‘No Deal’ Brexit would disproportionately hit small businesses in the UK, according to the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB). The warning comes alongside new research that reveals the consequences for small businesses if they are faced with any form of customs declarations post Brexit.

FSB’s new research found that close to two thirds (59%) of small businesses that export goods to the EU Customs Union, felt that trade would be impacted if overall costs increased as a result of having to complete additional customs declarations. Worryingly, over one in ten (11%) smaller firms say that they would stop exporting to the EU altogether.

A report nearly two years old, that talks specifically about small businesses that export goods to the the EU Customs Union. So, as I said, some businesses exporting to the EU will face increased red tape costs, whilst those who do not, will have reduced red tape costs. Interestingly, virtually 90% of smaller firms say that they will continue exporting to the EU regardless.

I see that you've studiously ignored my request to cough up on the £50 bet, or to say why you won't honour it.

Edited by Wes Tender
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wes Tender said:

Dear me. Remoaners on here continue  to drone on and on ad infinitum about the events of over four years ago. I suspect that it is much the same throughout the country; bad losers everywhere.

When are you going to honour the £50 bet that we wouldn't sign up to a Norway style trade deal, Timmy?

Either do the decent thing, or give us a good reason why you don't think that you should settle it now.

Amazing isn’t it. 

Despite all the evidence he’s still trying to claim SM membership was somehow open to debate. They’ll be claiming the Dec election wasn’t vindication we were leaving the SM & CU. Can’t believe he hasn’t paid up yet, literally refusing to cough up £50 to charity. Typical leftie. 
 


 

 

 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Amazing isn’t it. 

Despite all the evidence he’s still trying to claim SM membership was somehow open to debate. They’ll be claiming the Dec election wasn’t vindication we were leaving the SM & CU. Can’t believe he hasn’t paid up yet, literally refusing to cough up £50 to charity. Typical leftie. 
 

He’s even posted a link claiming Gove wanted us to remain members of the SM  that actually  states “ The justice secretary said the UK could be part of Europe's free trade area to avoid trade tariffs, even if it was not a member of the EU single market.“ 
 

Haha. You three dinosaurs (with Westie) increasingly huddle together for a bit of reassurance as the cold winds of reality bite. Brexit is a shit show and you've been had. All you can do is try to deny deny deny.

As mentioned a month a ago - the time for Wes or I to pay up is when the future trading agreement is finalised. Surely even that very simple fact shouldnt elude you?    

Edited by buctootim
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Amazing isn’t it. 

Despite all the evidence he’s still trying to claim SM membership was somehow open to debate. They’ll be claiming the Dec election wasn’t vindication we were leaving the SM & CU. Can’t believe he hasn’t paid up yet, literally refusing to cough up £50 to charity. Typical leftie. 
 

I could understand it in the case of The Skates and their supporters, where it was a thing that they reneged on payments to charity, but I thought that Saints supporters were more honourable. But it could be that he is deluded enough to believe that there is still scope for a Norway style deal instead of a FTA with the EU or a WTO deal. Let's await his excuse for not settling the bet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buctootim said:

As mentioned a month a ago - the time for Wes or I to pay up is when the future trading agreement is finalised. Surely even that very simple fact shouldnt elude you?    

I didn't see that, or I would of course have been scathing in my response then.

Let's do this properly if you believe that for one moment the Norway option is still viable. Let's double the bet to £100 to charity if it goes Norway by 1st January, shall we? 

If you aren't prepared to put your money where your big remoaner mouth is, then cough up now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

I didn't see that, or I would of course have been scathing in my response then.

Let's do this properly if you believe that for one moment the Norway option is still viable. Let's double the bet to £100 to charity if it goes Norway by 1st January, shall we? 

If you aren't prepared to put your money where your big remoaner mouth is, then cough up now.

We have been through this at least six times already. Your symptoms are getting worse. Get help 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2020 at 16:56, Wes Tender said:

I didn't see that, or I would of course have been scathing in my response then.

Let's do this properly if you believe that for one moment the Norway option is still viable. Let's double the bet to £100 to charity if it goes Norway by 1st January, shall we? 

If you aren't prepared to put your money where your big remoaner mouth is, then cough up now.

Only a fool like you would vote for something which was ill defined you still have no real idea what you voted for. by leaving the EU

 

What a plonker you are

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, John B said:

Only a fool like you would vote for something which was ill defined you still have no real idea what you voted for. by leaving the EU

 

What a plonker you are

*Yawn* I've given my reasons for wanting to leave the EU over the past four years. It isn't my fault if either you lack the comprehension skills to understand what I wrote, or if you have the memory of a goldfish. What a sad individual you must be, still whining about the democratic decision taken by a majority of those voting in the referendum. Your lot lost, get over it and move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Oh

 

It's all a poker game, to see who blinks first. The EU usually applies this strategy of brinkmanship, so it is encouraging for them to be faced down by negotiators for the UK who show all the signs that they will not budge on our red lines. The real deadline will probably be early October, but it does no harm to attempt to concentrate minds in the EU before then. The first cracks seem to be appearing on their side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Though it's still quite high risk - standing there pointing a gun at our own bollocks and threatening to pull the trigger...let's see who blinks first. 😨

You appear to have missed the other side of the analogy, which is quite a common occurrence when people talk about the consequences facing us, whilst forgetting the even more dire ones facing the EU. The EU are also pointing a gun at their bollocks too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The major difference is that the same size impact for the EU is divided amongst 27. The UK will get a mighty big hole blown in its ‘finances’ whilst for for each individual EU country it will just sting a bit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buctootim said:

The major difference is that the same size impact for the EU is divided amongst 27. The UK will get a mighty big hole blown in its ‘finances’ whilst for for each individual EU country it will just sting a bit 

You're assuming that the 27 are equal, which they most certainly aren't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wes Tender said:

You appear to have missed the other side of the analogy, which is quite a common occurrence when people talk about the consequences facing us, whilst forgetting the even more dire ones facing the EU. The EU are also pointing a gun at their bollocks too.

I think you're wrong, Wes. The EU are pointing a gun at 27 pairs of bollocks...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me selfish but I don't care what happens to European bollocks, I just want the best for my own - and the feel of cold steel against the scrotum is uncomfortable...there are clever ways to get the best for the UK, threatening self-harm is not one of them.

Waiting for them to blink first and all that big manly talk of how we are so important is great, if you have a strategy and good negotiators...but we've been missing both since day one so we're now resorting to the desperate bollocks thing.

No doubt people will disagree, but I just believe we'd be better off doing clever negotiations and actually trying for a deal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Call me selfish but I don't care what happens to European bollocks, I just want the best for my own - and the feel of cold steel against the scrotum is uncomfortable...there are clever ways to get the best for the UK, threatening self-harm is not one of them.

Waiting for them to blink first and all that big manly talk of how we are so important is great, if you have a strategy and good negotiators...but we've been missing both since day one so we're now resorting to the desperate bollocks thing.

No doubt people will disagree, but I just believe we'd be better off doing clever negotiations and actually trying for a deal.

 

We obviously are trying for a deal. Regardless of whatever is said in the media, both sides still want a deal and its more likely than not that one will magically appear nearer the deadline. We had this whole thing last year with the last deal where everyone said it wasn't happening. Some time in October I expect you'll have panicked headlines about it all falling apart and then you'll have Boris going to meet barnier or someone like that and there will be sufficient movement to bring some sort of deal together. That's where my money is anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You're assuming that the 27 are equal, which they most certainly aren't.

Exactly. Timmy appears to have overlooked that the size of the UK economy equals, what was it, the size of the 19 smaller EU economies combined?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

We obviously are trying for a deal. Regardless of whatever is said in the media, both sides still want a deal and its more likely than not that one will magically appear nearer the deadline. We had this whole thing last year with the last deal where everyone said it wasn't happening. Some time in October I expect you'll have panicked headlines about it all falling apart and then you'll have Boris going to meet barnier or someone like that and there will be sufficient movement to bring some sort of deal together. That's where my money is anyway. 

My money's there too.

Rallyboy reckons that we lack decent negotiators, but Frost is doing a cracking job with the full support of Boris. Contrast his performance to that of the totally useless Vicar's daughter with her spineless remoaner negotiator Robbins. When told to jump by Barnier, their response was to ask, how high? As soon as the EU accepts that since we left the EU we must be treated like equals as an independent sovereign state, and that we should therefore be afforded equal FTA terms to those already afforded by the EU to Canada, S. Korea and Japan, the sooner a deal will be arranged. I don't recall the EU insisting that the ECJ have precedence over their legal systems, that they be allowed to fish their territorial waters, or allowed to interfere in their governments' decisions on subsidies and work standards

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rallyboy said:

..there are clever ways to get the best for the UK, threatening self-harm is not one of them.

 

Do tell. What are these clever ways to get the best for the UK? I implore you to contact the Government and their negotiating team to advise them if they're missing a trick or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})